Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 30 ft.
Westmoreland is located in Virginia
18 Reviews of Westmoreland
Cabin 24

Cabin 24 is a 2BR/1BA cinderblock cabin with waterfront views and large yard space. One room has two bunk beds, dresser, shelving, a lamp, and two night stands. Other room has a queen bed, shelving, a lamp, night stand, and dresser. Fireplace and screened in porch are lovely. There’s a fire pit and picnic table, and plenty of parking space.

More details on the cabin to follow!

Dont go on the weekends

It is a really nice park but the weekends get extremely busy. The beach area especially. You might be able to have some space to yourself at the fossil beach (nice sharks teeth) but that can get busy too.

Westmoreland

My son and I went here at the end of August for our first tent camping trip and even with the heat it was still great it’s a beautiful spot and the camp host was super friendly

Awesome!

Beautiful views, good trails, nice sites. A lot of fun here. Will be back soon!

Clean, quiet campsite! The family and I had a great time. We enjoyed building a campfire and hiking all the beautiful and scenic trails! We will definitely go back again

Another great VA State Park

The park is yet another great VA syate park. We tend to use the state parks because you know what to expect. The park is well off the beaten path, but has plenty of historic and other attractions near by. We stayed on the B loop, the lot we reserved by only looking at a park map was nice a spacious for our popup. We were a little too close to the other site, bad design, other camp fire was right next to the the trailer spot. We ended up keeping our trailer closer to the road to avoid any possible fire damage. The bath house was kept very clean until the weekend. If you need the showers, its two stalls men and two womens side. The trails are ok, and the rest of the park has the unkept feal. We are glad we came but dont expect to come back.

The ranger drives through often and had to run a large group out of the park that had no respect for others.  I'm glad to see the ranger uphold the park.

Fantastic campground

Grounds were immaculate,  great place to camp and… I found a sharks tooth

Winter Trip

Went in March 2018 for my birthday, when it was still VERY cold, but had a wonderful time. The beaches and trails seem so much more peaceful and untouched this time of year. Definitely gets windy near the river. Nothing a big pot of camp soup or chili can’t help! Bath houses are heated which is amazing. We had a large group so we rented B49 and B48.

A Favorite ✨

I LOVE this park. The tent sites are awesome and mine have always been pretty private feeling despite being somewhat near others. Bathhouses are always SO clean and heated in the winter. So appreciate the recycling bins. I love the sharks’ teeth display in the shop and when I was there they were working on putting bones together of a whale that was found! At the time of my visit a couple of weeks ago there was a bit of algae in the water that could cause irritation to stomach and skin, so just be mindful of this. I did hike down to fossil beach but definitely avoided the water. If you’re anything like me, traveling for peace and quiet and solitude, I highly recommend Sunday and Monday nights if you have flexibility with jobs etc. It was SUPER quiet during my stay. Absolutely wonderful. Oh - and check for ticks and bring your bug spray. Gotta love humid Virginia summers! I had site A22 and it was away from a bit compared to other sites.

Camping by the beach

I’ve been to Westmoreland a couple times to look far sharks teeth with my parents but I finally got to go camping and enjoy that park overnight the camp store is a good addition with out having to walk to far. They have a lot to do at Westmoreland and boy I mean like two nights isn’t long enough to even see half of it all I really liked this park and would like to go back some time next summer

Year 2021 Flag