Yurts
KoA
Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA is located in Virginia
12 Reviews of Williamsburg / Busch Gardens Area KOA
Very nice campground

The cabin we stayed in was very nice. It had a very large back deck with a picnic table. We chose one without a bathroom, and the bathhouse was a very short walk. They have plenty of recreational activities for the kids. The staff was friendly and helpful. The playgrounds and pool were very clean, and the store had everything we needed. It is a very short drive off the highway and an easy commute to all of Williamsburg’s attractions. My only complaint is that my dogs typically travel everywhere with me, but I was not allowed to bring them on this trip because pit bulls are the ONLY breed they don’t allow on the campgrounds. However, if you have other breeds there is a very small dog park for them to run around and play. Other than that we really enjoyed our stay and will definitely stay at other KOAs when the dogs are not with us.

Well maintained campground

The staff was very helpful making sure the site we reserved would hold our large tent.  Bathrooms were well maintained, clean and offered plenty of hot water.  Campground store offered basics and a few extras.  The check in materials provide a good list of local resources (emergency care, pharmacies, etc.).

Good range of extras for kids - playground, bounce pillow, rec area with games, basketball area, game field and some extra events such as animals for petting one night.  The campground is pet friendly.

Pool & Splash Pad

One of the nicer KOAs I’ve visited. Laundry, Pool, splash pad, bike rental and more. Close to historical sights too!

Close to everything

We stayed a week there in the Colonial section of the Campground. The sites are older and a bit tighter. Our site was pull through, not sure how we would get through if there was a full campground, luckily we had room to move around.

Your very close to Busch Gardens, Watercountry and Williamsburg.

The campground has a nice pool area and rec room.

Your about 5 Miles from Walmart and other shopping needs. This campground is good for the purpose of visiting outside places and then coming back to relax.

Misleading

The website to this campground is very misleading. There are 2 completely different campgrounds, although it says side: Colonial and Williamsburg (aka quiet side). We booked an extended stay reservation at this campground and was put on the quiet side. The website boasts an array of amenities but what they fail to tell you is that they are only available on the Colonial side. The Williamsburg side is awful. And you cannot go to the other side to enjoy the amenities…it is off limits! Although they advertise WiFi it is nonexistent unless you walk up to the store. The campsites are a mud pit when it rains. Cellular service is horrible…I have verizon and could only get 1 bar most of the time. And when I complained to the owner, I was asked to leave the premises within 24 hours. This was my first experience with a KOA and it will be my last. I would not recommend the Williamsburg side at this campground. We drove through the Colonial side and it was really nice. It's a shame that this owner chooses to do business this way. CAMPER BEWARE

Quiet side is real quiet...

Spent the week leading up to the 4th of July. Tight campground. Had a small 28 foot travel trailer and had trouble navigating the trees. Saw a large 5th wheel take out part of a split rail fence. If you have kids, stay in the family part. WiFi does not work. Very limited cell service. can make calls, but not much data. if I returned to the area, I would look for different options.

More than 5 stars!

We loved it here. My kids loved the playground and the pool. The bathrooms were spotless and the whole campground was peaceful and relaxing. We will 100% be back

Great campground- 10 minutes from all attractions

We had a lovely time at this KOA! Great service, tons of amentities, shaded spots, lots of activities! Conveniently located 10 minutes from Colonial Williamsburg, Outlet shopping, Busch Gardens, Jamestown, and close to Yorktown beaches and sailing. It’s very clean. The only things was a terrible connection but if you don’t reply on WiFi for a good camping trip you’ll be ok. The WiFi was better early morning for anyone needing to check on work stuff. Highly recommend!

our first trip in Tex the Apex

this was our first trip in our travel trailer, so we didn’t know what to expect. the campground was very clean, we constantly saw crew keeping it up. we had a campfire and roasted s’mores. the general store was fully stocked. the pool and water park area were my daughter’s favorite. they had big jumpy things for the kids, an out door movie theater and a nice playground. our dog enjoyed the dog park.

Kids

If you want to see a bunch of kids or have kids take them here