Yorktown, VIRGINIA
Most Recent Yorktown Camping Reviews
Virginia Beach KOA.

Great place for campers and RV's. The pool was great and they have a curb market on the premises. A tram will take you into the city for some of the most beautiful beaches I have ever been to. Sight seeing is nice to. If you are a aviation nut like me you are close to the Naval Air Station and they have shows every year. I will go back. Make a reservation and you should have a great stay. Our site was clean with power, water and cable. Plenty of room between RV's. The cabins are very nice as well.

Memorial Day

We stayed during Memorial Day weekend last year and had a fantastic time! The only thing that I didn’t like was lack of regulating sound ordnances late at night when people lap the campground in their golf carts blasting country music 🙄

Huge!

I've lived in this region for 3 decades and never knew this campground was here. It is absolutely humongous! They have about every accommodation you could ask for. You can rent sites for RVs or tents, you can rent cabins, campers, and even glamping tents! Something like 4 pools, mini golf, several bathhouses, named streets, a little store that has a little of everything, very nice staff, a restaurant, small social gatherings for adults and children alike. Oh yeah, did I mention the staff were wonderful??

Great beach spot

We stayed 3 nights in W/E Back In, Site 141, mostly hard packed sand surrounded by trees. The angle is a little weird to back into, but the site itself is nice and feels private. The fire ring and picnic table (old and wood) is at the very back of the site. A pretty nasty storm rolled through one night and the trees actually provided a little protection.

Fun

We stayed in Eden (324) for a week in June. Check in is easy, grounds are huge and lots of amenities (although we did not use). When it rains, sites get muddy! Pricey, but it is the beach in June. It has a rustic summer camp vibe to it. Next time, I'll try to book in Sunny Meadows or Green Acres sections. You can walk/bike to the Citgo (owned by Holiday) for snacks and food. Most importantly, you get FREE parking at the beach near 9th Street!

Beautiful, clean, spacious!

Chippokes is a gem! Quaint park with a variety of activities. You can tour the mansion on the property along with some other historical sites, or just take a stroll along the shoreline of the gorgeous, sprawling James River. My son, furbaby, and I camped in their RV/tent site with easy access to their bathrooms which were spotless (and maintained multiple times a day) and warm! We bought firewood (there is a drop where you can just deposit money and grab a bundle) next to the bathrooms along with a locked ice bin so you can buy ice from the campground host. Everything we saw was well-maintained. We navigated our way to a mile-hike to the river so we could fish off a kayak dock. I was surprised when we arrived that they don’t rent kayaks (though it appears they have the capability to, perhaps they only do it for special occasions or times of year). All the staff we encountered were super friendly and helpful. You can even buy ice cream at the visitors center! This was a big plus for my son. We’ll definitely be returning!

Great for outdoor activities

This campsite and park is a ton of fun. We've never camped here but we lived about 5 minutes down the road from the park and absolutely loved it. There are miles of trails around the lake and through the woods you can follow. It is extremely dog friendly with a fenced in dog park as well. There are kayaks and paddle boats you can rent by the hour. This park has plenty of camping spots and also has some yurts that are available to rent out. I would recommend this spot to anyone who wants a convenient family friendly camping/outdoor experience.

Very relaxing

My family and I really enjoy camping at First Landing. Its close to Virginia Beach. Nice and quiet beach right there at the park and good hiking trails.

Close to Virginia Beach

Nice sites. EZ access to the Bay beach. Not a lot of privacy. Close to the beach area. Many restaurants & stores close by.

Beautiful and dogs welcome everywhere

Beautiful park right next to the ocean. Dogs loved it and no one complained about dogs being on the beach. Will definitely be returning. Bathrooms were not the worst but definitely not the best .

Like a camping community

Spots are close together so you will get to meet your neighbors if they are there. You can rent yearly spots if you want. Some spots back up against the water. It has a pier, pond, river access, ice cream shop/store, cafe. There aren’t a lot of trails to bike but it does have putt putt, a playground, outdoor pool, indoor hot tub(not functional while we were there).

Absolutely Beautiful

So much to do here…biking, hiking… places for kids to run. The sites are clean and the owners are wonderful.

Great hiking

Great place to hike! I really like how you’re able to go from the woods to the water! The ranger station has a lot of neat things to look at about animals and the trail maps are really nice!

Fun Campground

Camp grounds and bathrooms are clean, however the bathrooms are a bit of a haul from most campsites. It's a huge campground with many sites to offer. Pools and picnic shelters offer fun times and the park continually offers family activities such as concerts, parties, movies on the lawn, etc. I have stayed here twice and my experience with staff was borderline negative both times, as in not very helpful and brash.

Great family fun

The campgrounds and bathhouse are kept clean. Campsites are equipped with fire rings (of some sort) and accessible picnic tables. Park staff are knowledgeable and helpful. They offer seasonal/holiday family activities, host concerts and have many outdoor games to keep different ages involved. Lastly, the location is not too far from the beach and oceanfront activities. I've stayed here multiple times, and have never had a negative experience. I gave it 4 stars because it is a smaller scale camping venue, so amenities are great, but not over and beyond (which would be a 5 in my book).

Small and quaint

The kids were able to ride around the park (it is small) and park is within sight. A few places to access the water and about as close as you can get to the capital trail. Dogs are allowed but must be on leashes. There is a pool and splash pad as well as boating ramp and fishing docks. We were surprised to be the only ones up and out at 11pm, but that’s ok boys quiet and we’ll definitely be back.

Great beachside camping!

We stayed here 3 nights during spring break (March). There is privacy and quiet beachside camping all over with tons of activities to see and do. We went to Nauticus, toured the Norfolk Naval base, visited Jamestown, Williamsburg, Yorktown, hiked trails across from the campground and visited the lighthouse Cape Henry. Each site has a fire ring and picnic table. I didn’t use the bathhouses but I liked that they were nearby and provided recycling bins. The staff were friendly and helpful. I would return in warmer months and highly recommend our site near the Godspeed boardwalk, 188.

Quiet get away

Rainbow acres is a nice little campground that is the perfect get away. Its quiet and right on the Mattaponi River. I totally recommend if your looking for a little peace and quiet :)

Love this park. Some sites are trees some are not. Friendly camp host.

Fishing pier. Boat launch ,boat and kayak rental. The bay is beautiful here. Dog beach.

Nice views

Kayak trips available.

Lots to do!!

Great place!!! Spent a long weekend and enjoyed it!! The close proximity to Cape Charles made this place stand out for me!! But rest assured that if you don’t want to leave the campground there is no need too!!

Wholesome.!

I grew up going here, I am 30 now and can not wait to go again! The cherry stone clam bakes are awesome also! I have been at all diff seasons!

Friendly, helpful and beautiful.

We are enjoying our winterize trip now and have made reservations for 4 weeks next year already. April clam roast will kick off the 2019 season. Might be before that if I get to antsy with cabin fever.

Super clean! Great R&R!!

I thoroughly enjoyed the week I spent here. The campground is well-maintained. Everything I needed was here. The relaxing Hammocks and watching the sunset provided much-needed rest and relaxation.

Close to everything

Very nice, as all Virginia State Parks are, but crowded, noisy, and lit up like an amusement park. Not a place to “get back to nature” but a place to camp, meet new people, and a place to stay for the great activities the park has to offer and visit Cape Charles.

Great beach campground

Gotta not mind sand and bugs to camp here but the sound of the waves and the short walk to the beach make it all worth it. I love sleeping under the stars, listening to the water just over the sand dunes! It’s always clean and now they have a bus line that takes you to the Strip and you can ride it and the trolley all day long for $4.50. The bath houses are always clean and well maintained. Plenty of activities and a great camp store.

Overnight Stop

1 night stop while traveling the east coast. Friendly staff that provided lots of assistance when making reservation and giving directions to the campground. Large sites, shaded, and semi private (some trees between sites and sites not right on top of each other). Close to beach (dog friendly beach!) and lots of sightseeing and restaurants nearby. Bathhouse was clean and modern. Will visit again.

Beautiful Sand Dune RV Camping

Thick foliage provides privacy at this campsite. Parking is on sandy soil. Tall sand dunes provide nearby access to the beach. Air Force jets fly over loudly until 10pm. After that it is a quiet natural setting for the night.

Excellent Service from Staff

Clean and well kept campground but directly located next to busy train tracks. Loud train noise and ground shaking throughout the night.

Nice campground and beautiful beach!

We stayed at this State Park campground for 1 night. The tent sites are decent, shaded by pine trees and on a sandy terrain. There’s a water spigot but no electricity. The RV sites (where my friends stayed) are not very nice, the RVs are parked very close to each other and there’s no trees for shade or to hang an hammock. The bathouse is ok. It was warm when we went so they had the AC running. I've seen cleaner bathouses but it was overall fine. The park offers hiking and biking trails, but the main attraction is the beautiful beach on the Chesapeake Bay. You can rent a kayak or fish from the pier.