Yurts
KoA
Luray KOA is located in Virginia
7 Reviews of Luray KOA
Good spot

Nice place with a very friendly staff.

Great quiet campground!

We visited this campground for a trip to Luray caverns. The staff was very nice. The campground was very clean and very quiet. The whole area was very well maintained. There is not a camp store, but there is a gas station with a general store very close by. Our campsite had great views of the surrounding fields and mountains. We will definitely go back again!

Great views and wonderful pool

We stayed at this KOA on our way to Virginia Beach but wanted to a day in Shenandoah National Park.  We didn't do reservations because they wanted us to pay for the entire weekend when we just wanted to stay one night.  But we took a chance and it paid off.  This campground is tucked in the Shenandoah valley…mountains on both sides and nestled next to a farm.  The sites are big and ours backedup to a big field - great for the kids to run.  Nice and quiet campground and clean bathrooms.  The pool was clean and refreshing - so thankful for that because it was in the upper 90s the day we were there.  Great place to stay and wish we had longer.

Quaint Charming Country Views

When I was traveling though this section of Virginia I stumbled upon this KOA, and I must say it is very different than any KOA I have visited. Typically amenities are nice and the places are well maintained in KOA standard, but this one had something which set it apart from others, its remote country feel and setting.

From camp you had magnificent views of rolling green hills and mountains in the distance. The feel of the campground was that of a country cottage and the friendly owners echoed the same hometown feel. This did not feel like a chain, it didn't feel like a private owner who had some land and used it as an after thought to generate some money, instead it felt like someone was welcoming you to stay with them at a B&B of sorts designed for RV Campers. I know that sounds weird, but unlike a lot of campgrounds the vibe f this one is just a little different.

There were 2 pools (open seasonally), a very well maintained bath house, a dog park area, ping pong, a play area, even a yurt for something a bit different and all with amazing views of the Blue Ridge Mountains.

The tent area is divided into two sections with their own private parking. The amazing green grass of this area, even late into summer made for soft padded sites and made me feel comfortable enough that I didn't feel the need to wear shoes, something which I always feel like I need to do at a campsite. That feeling in itself set this campground apart, it just felt so homey and clean and well maintained enough that I could literally kick my shoes off and enjoy.

I opted for a non-electric site which was $34, basically because I liked the soft padded grass, the electric hook up deluxe sites are $39 and have a gravel pad, but since I could get that anywhere I wanted the feel of being closer to the actual ground. The other difference between the two sites were the covers which rest over the gravel sites which you can add an additional tarp to for shade. Otherwise sites are equally put together with picnic tables and fire rings.

When I visited it was on a weekday and while there were some people staying on the RV side I had the tent area to myself, it was quiet at night in my little corner of camp and I could walk out a bit from my site and see the entire night sky which was amazing!

The experience of staying at this camp was very pleasant and I would recommend it again, the only reason it didn't have 5 stars was the price itself was a bit higher than other accommodations in the area. I feel like this was fair considering the accommodations, however to someone passing by this could also be something which could be a deterrent from stay here.

TIPS:

• Check online for seasonal pool closures if you are planning on taking a dip, if you come during the season which it is closed there are still plenty of things to do so don't worry.
  • Nearby are a Dukies of Hazard themed spot and also Luray Caverns which is known for its musical stalactites and stalagmites, it is a must see!!!
Mountain View’s for miles!💕

Absolutely the most charming campground we’ve stayed at. Beautiful views in every direction,extremely dog friendly also. Well appointed sites and well laid out campground. Small but wonderful. We will keep this on the top of our list for fall foliage and a quick 2hr away getaway. We are so glad we discovered this quaint little place in the country just off the beaten path.

Great Place

We had such a great time at this camp site. Beautiful place, tons to do at the camp ground. Dog friendly, family friendly. Lots were nice, and good size.

Great Location for visiting Luray Caverns

This campground is very close to Luray Caverns and all that they have to offer. There is also a Duke's of Hazzard themed museum and store where they do live music on weekends nearby, it's called Cooter's. This campground is very small but quiet. It does border cow pasture land so when the wind shifts you get the smell but it wasn't constant and it wasn't unbearable. They have 2 swimming pools and a very large dog park. The bath houses were clean and well maintained. I would definitely recommend this campground.