Camping in Afredton

212 Reviews of 34 Afredton, Virginia Campgrounds

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2021

Snuggled in the Mountains

I love this place try to stay her twice a year. Deer and wildlife aglore. Owners very pleasant. Big recreation building and nice cabins. Quite and spacious sites. Only down fall is if you have a big fifth wheel turning into the off road area trailer may hit box of your truck. Caution may damage…

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2021

Perfect for us

For us it was perfect. Lovely trails, clean facilities, the on site host was awesome very helpful. Our site #44 was perfectly leveled park was well kept. There is a Walmart location that's not far away driving distance cute little ice cream shop and a few other local places.

Sitecamp Burson #44
Month of VisitOctober
Jason W.
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2021

Quiet, peaceful, but no water hookup

Very peaceful, not at all crowded, small campground. There's only 18 sites and they're spread out. There is electric hookups but not water. There is a dump station too.

Month of VisitOctober
SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Peaceful & Quiet Camping

Arrived on a Friday morning & was the only one there. Had my pick of all the sites! Campground was very clean with trash bins & porta-potties. Trails were well maintained & short walk down to the river. Would definitely stay again!

Kevin E.
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2021

Shady

Great park to hike and although most of the RV spots are not very level there are a few good ones. 30amp, no sewer hookups, dump station, shared water spigots. Very shady and during the week very quiet. Best suited for smaller RVs but there are a couple of spots for larger ones.

Kayla L.
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

Perfect Camp

My family and I stayed here and we were really impressed with this place! The showers and bathrooms were clean and very well done. It was quite. The views were spectacular and the owners were so nice. We’ll be back soon!

Siteelectric tent site 1
David F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

Fun and Adventure for all

We state at the tent campsites for 4 days. Very clean and well kept. I will say the outhouses were a bit rough, but most are—a lot of hiking and sightseeing. I could not be there during prime trout season, so I didn't get any fishing in. I would recommend this state park.

• Play button icon
SiteSite 12
Robyn W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Waaaay up in the mountains

If you are fearless and willing to take your RV up a beautiful small winding road into the mountains this is the place for you. However, for myself it rained… so it was quite the experience driving up and considering the limited visibility. Also when I arrived at my site there was no power on the…

Camella C.
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

Closed for 2021 season

Website says closed.

C
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Secluded setting with modern amenities

Stayed here for first time on a ridge site. Owners have breathed a lot of new life into this site. It is steps away from Creeper trail in Whitetop

SiteRV7
Missy A.
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

So peaceful

Enjoyed my stay at the Helton Creek campground. Very peaceful and friendly

M
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Hidden Gem

This is an amazing park.

It was clean, we had beautiful views, people were great.

This is a peaceful place! We can’t wait to go back.

Jean C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2021

Equestrian campground group site in national forest

This is a group equestrian camp that can be reserved via Recreation.gov for$50/night for up to 25 people. There is no potable water available, so plan to bring your own. There is a stream at the site where the horses may drink. There's enough space for a number of trailers, including large ones,…

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2021

Ok campground

Last minute reservation, on gravel no grass at our site, which is 2 small sites combined to make a pullthru for our 39’ 5r. Camp store has RV parts/Accy. No pool. Quiet, a creek runs along back (can flood during torrential/prolonged rain) google “Shadrack flood Bristol TN”). Clean coin laundry…