The best WALK IN camping near
Greenwood , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Greenwood Camping Reviews
Nice clean campground, despite its popularity!

I made my reservation on the Recreation.gov app. Showed up at 2am and got in the gate without a hitch; the system worked well. Nice campground, nice sites, lots of folks out as it’s spring break. Despite the crowds, the restroom/bathhouse was clean and in good order. Got up and took a walk around the park in the morning and I was really impressed. I highly recommend this campground, especially if you’re into playing in the water.

Nice Park and Museum

The park and museum were great.  Plenty to see and do, not far off the highway.  Caution on entering park, old steel Bridge is narrow but passable with my class A.  Also be sure you check the power stand on your site.  Voltage was very low at most sites, we went around to test each pole to find a safe site to plug into.

Very well maintained

This campground is great! They remodeled it last year and updated the campground. The campground itself borders the duck river and is absolutely stunning. The hiking trails are well maintained so hiking to the three waterfall's inside the park is a mild hike. All the park rangers we encountered were very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this state park and will be returning in the near future.

Great Weekend

This campground was fantastic. Our family has been in search of a campground close to home where we can spend several weekends each year and this may be it. The sites are spacious, the campground is clean, the bathhouses were VERY clean, and the hosts were friendly and helpful. The only thing keeping this from being 5 stars is the park itself which is nice, but small. We did a nice 4 mile hike around the whole park, but when we’re hiking we love to get out away from everyone and everything. It felt like we were in earshot of the campground the entire hike.

We’ll DEFINITELY be returning to this campground.

We absolutely love this place!

2020 was our first year camping and we loved salt lick creek camping. The camp ground was so clean, and nice. We would recommend this place to anyone.

Great Campground

This COE campground is great.  We were in site 68 and had plenty of room.  The site had plenty of space, level,  and fairly easy to back into.  the only downside is that the site did not have sewer hookup.  There was no cell phone coverage on ATT network.

Great Night Sleep

Great December sleep in go as we headed south. Clean campground and beautiful scenery…will return outside winter season.

Love the Platform sites

We love the platform sites that are so spacious and private. Easy access to dump station and bath houses. Almost all sites have view of water. It was very peaceful and quiet. It is very affordable especially for state employees. We will return.

Amazing Spot

This is such a great spot. Affordable, walking distance to town and yet the grounds make you feel like you’re in a park far away from everything. Beautiful pines on property and lots of local hiking nearby. It’s January, so quiet season. I am able to walk my dog over the few acres and really enjoy the property, the creek (Barren Fork) & wildlife. Mickey is the guy, if you need anything. He and his electrician really went above and beyond to get me set up. These are good people. And this place rocks. Can’t wait for kayak season.

Great experience in the primitive camping area.

Loved it. Great spot. Plenty of space. Friendly staff.