Camping in Elmwood

34 Reviews of 11 Elmwood, Michigan Campgrounds

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Pleasant Surprise

My husband and I have been traveling around the US and happened on Summer Breeze at the last minute. Nikki and Jerry are wonderfully accommodating, the campground and its facilities are very clean. There is a nice affordable laundry The price was very reasonable. It is family friendly. I highly…

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Pleasant Surprise

Sarah W.
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Great Place!

This was such a nice camp ground & wonderful owners!!! We had a birthday party and our site was right across from the nice clean park and a pool that wasn't open yet! But we will be back to enjoy that! We had full hook up and everything was literally a breeze!

Sitesite #22
Teek D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 9, 2021

Good WiFi

Nice stop to get good WiFi. Otherwise, it’s not a very rustic camping experience. Great if you’re into that kind of RV park.

Judy  B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2020

Tiny; but cute!

This could be the smallest campground I’ve seen, 10 sites pretty close together. To be fair it was still very pretty and peaceful. Directly across from Lake George, easy and serene.

Rebecca P.
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2020

Beautiful beyond belief

The hike in was one of the most beautiful switch back type hikes, with breathtaking views of the gorge on the way down, a quick hike to the top of gorge once you’re down, then look down and see the waterfalls!

Richie C.
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2020

Why would anyone pay to stay here..

I will be totally transparent and say I definitely prefer rustic or dispersed campsites.. however, I always give state parks an honest chance.

Baraga State Park... I have tried. Ohh, have I tried to like you over the years.

However, this is the WORST example of what a Michigan DNR campground can…

Megan S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 18, 2020

I fell in Love

TL;DR: VISIT THE SYLVANIA WILDERNESS

I absolutely fell in love, head over heels for this place. This Cedar "Campground" as The Dyrt calls it is just a campsite within the larger Sylvania Wilderness. The wilderness actually has a couple dozen different sites to choose from. The Cedar campsite…

• Cedar 1 Campsite Landing
  • View of Clark Lake from Cedar 1 Campsite
  • Cedar 1 Campsite
SiteCedar 1
Month of VisitOctober
Shari  G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2020

Winter comes early to the UP

The Michigan State Forest Campgrounds continue to delight us. For $15 a night you can experience camping like I did as a child – simple, unelectrified, and in beautiful outdoor locations. Lots of space in between most sites gives you a good deal of privacy.  In mid-October, we woke up to full on…

• Hutch made some homemade sourdough bread on the fire.
  • Large sites, many on the lake, or a very short walk.
  • Hello winter wonderland!
Month of VisitNovember
Will H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 7, 2020

Remote and Pristine

This patch of wilderness within the Ottawa National Forest is unmatched. I didn’t think I was in the Midwest. Remote and not well traveled. I highly recommend heading over to nearby Silver Mountain.

Ross C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 29, 2020

I love this place

Very quiet and clean. Owners were friendly. Stayed late for ya to arrive and personally escorted us to our site which was next level customer service. We will be back.

Jess R.
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2020

A long way to be so close

Let me start by saying that I was really looking forward to this trip. Kayaking 2 hours to get to a secluded campsite? Yes please! Problem was we ended up being 20 yards away from the next site... which was clearly visible through the clear old growth forest. Most sites in Sylvania are 2 sites very…

TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2020

Beautiful and Quiet

Way off the beaten path but the sites are HUGE! Quiet setting right on Big Lake. Probably my most beautiful site in the UP so far. Vault toilets and no shower. Very clean. Boat launch.

Lydia T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2020

Walk in camping

Hike in camping

Lydia T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2020

Campground on Lake Baraga.

The campsites are very close together and the whole campground is next to very busy road. My tent was under a flood light all night.