Camping in Sulphur Springs

238 Reviews of 23 Sulphur Springs, Kentucky Campgrounds

Nathan W.
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Avoid 33-P at all cost

Sites are close together. 33-P is terrible. Took me an hour and an engineering degree to get it leveled safely.

Site33-P
M
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Buzzard Roost Indiana

It has been a wonderful experience. My only complaint in the little black fly like bugs in the bathroom building (toilet pit). Other than that and the rain, it has been relaxing.

• our home for the weekend.
Site#3
C
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

No electric, do dishwashing at the water hydrant was a pain.

Hiking near the visitor center was good although we had trouble finding longer trails. We didn't book far enough in advance to do anything but the self guided cave tour. However the outlaw wild cave tour at nearby Jesse James stables was fantastic.

AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Amazing View

Amazing View. Close to Mammoth Cave as well.

SiteA12
r
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Great place if you are going to the park

My kids and I camp here when we plan to spend time at the park. It’s very convenient. Bathrooms are always clean too.

L
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Fun family campground

This is a great location near the lake, dog park and community center and has excellent internet access.

Site80-L
Jason J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Short walk to visitor center

Decent facilities, well maintained. Sites are spacious with distance between. Short walk to visitor center/trailheads. Comes in handy if you need to queue up early for same-day cave tickets.

Site18B
Riley S.
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Summer Fun

This is a nice quiet campground. I have taken my daughters here a few times. Swimming and tubing in the lake or even taking the pontoon boat out for a gathering on the island.

The campground is very clean and the camp hosts are amazing. Facilities are nice, showers and bathrooms. Close to town…

SiteE070
Michael L.
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Nice enough

Many full hookup sites with concrete pads rather than gravel not sure which I prefer. No store which is a downer but very easy to go in most sites are pull through.

SiteB14
Katrin M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 3, 2021

We camped here for 2 nights with our dogs. The campground has 4 loops. We were in the B loop. All the sites come with a stone bench and table and a fire pit with a cooking grate. The campsites provide a lot of shade, which is great in the summer month. They are not very private but spacious. Some…

R
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2021

Great campground

The campground was well maintained and clean. Our campsite was fairly private and a lot of flat ground for multiple tents. The facilities were convenient and clean.

Winn V.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2021

Perfect

Love this campground. National Park and you could tell. Nice store close, with clean showers. Bathroom clean. Site was secluded. Composite picnic tables which was nice. Nature everywhere. Will be back

Sitetents C03
Christina M.
Reviewed Jun. 28, 2021

Overall good with a few drawbacks

I was tent camping with my family Thursday-Saturday while visiting Mammoth Cave.

The good: the tent campground has spacious, level sites. The sites are located in a grove of pine trees, which makes for well shaded sites with a pleasant surface of soft pine straw to pitch your tents. A few…

• Fishing at Nolin Lake
SiteP16
Lisa D.
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2021

No good

This campground should be nothing more then an overnight stop over. Small campground, no fire rings, rude camp host and over priced. I would not recommend.

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2021

Lovely place

These sites are right off the green river, there is a boat ramp adjacent. Good people all around , and the monthly is amazingly low. You can opt to pay for 50 or 30 amp service. Only cash or check accepted however

Siteb12