Camping in Marcus

260 Reviews of 50 Marcus, Kentucky Campgrounds

Doug and Terri C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Easy place to stop

Nice campground with several pull through sites for big rigs. Pool and new dog park with a very nice play area for the kids. We prefer site 18 which offers nice privacy and os next to a stream.

Justin C.
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

Camping

Love camping

SiteEast fort campgrounds
Debbie S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Favorite Ohio Spot

We often stay here when traveling from Vegas, usually for a month or more. It is a no frills park, but a beautiful, relaxing place to unwind and enjoy nature.

K
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

Nice sites

We stayed in the A loop first night. Sites are roomy and level. Perfect. Next we stayed in the B loop much smaller. Otherwise we’ll kept grounds. Would recommend

SiteB116
A
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2021

NO CICADAS

We were THRILLED to leave our cicada-infested northern Kentucky home and find that this park was blissfully free of Brood X cicadas. It was so peaceful, and we were able to fully enjoy the outdoors.

Sheena D.
Reviewed May. 24, 2021

Small site

When we originally arrived at the site we were VERY disappointed. Maybe 5 feet on both sides of pavement so there was no room for a tent let alone two. The fire pit was covered in mud and it looks like someone drove through it as well and that’s what caused the mud and what not. However! The staff…

Siteloop F site 157
DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 20, 2021

Good overnight spot while traveling.

Super helpful friendly owners that quite frankly made our experience. They are also trying to improve the spot. This campground is mainly seasonal spots on the banks of the Ohio River. Close to the quaint town of Vevay, Indiana.

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 18, 2021

Contact And Web Link

The contact information provided and web address link were no help.

Debbie S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 14, 2021

One of my favorites for peace and serenity!

Absolutely love this peaceful, quiet campground. We stay here weeks at a time when visiting Cincinnati. It’s no frills, but the view, the ducks and the serenity are well worth staying here. There are showers, an awesome library, a store, laundry and walking trails

• The view from our campsite
Sitelakefront 7
Month of VisitNovember
Amanda S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 11, 2021

Cute but small

We decided to go down for a weekend to see how we'd like it. It's situated high up on the Kentucky river bank which is nice but there's little access to the riverbank except from the floating dock and boat ramp. When we arrived there was left overs from the previous flood which made it very muddy.…

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 9, 2021

Pictures, is not what you get

Think twice about a river lot, they are 50’ up from the river. Like a lot of CG in the north, they save the the good spots for the regular’s. WiFi works well if you catch it early. 3-4am. No cell (T-Mobile or ATT)

Brandon E.
Reviewed May. 8, 2021

Courteous staff, not best site itself

Staff was very courteous. I was given very clear directions to the site and couldn't miss it. The lake is beautiful. Dog and I took a little canoe ride. My only issue was that the primitive tent sites were so close to the camper sites which likely couldn't be helped.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 6, 2021

Helpful Hosts

Within an hour of buying my 1966 Airstream (only 17’ but I needed a pull through!) I chose this beautiful campground because of the people! Starting with the needed reassurance on the phone, then setting me up and checking in to make sure I was doing ok. As a newbie, I was so glad to have the staff…

Sallie M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 6, 2021

Nice & Quaint

We arrived this past weekend and I am very satisfied from our first night experience. We walked the trail Saturday morning and walked around the site (which is small but nice). We have a site right on the creek and have seen a few boats come through. The owner is very nice and communicative. They…