The best DRIVE IN camping near
Hazel , KENTUCKY

Most Recent Hazel Camping Reviews
Great one night stay

Very nice and accommodating. Right off the highway so easy for alittle over night. Far enough away to not be to loud.

Great little camp ground

Nice little are to camp at . Well suited for tents . Most of the area isn’t very level . The road going back there is gravel . We went with our 30 ft travel trailer . There is no hook ups . Can run generator until 11pm

Nice little lake

Started a 4 day kayak trip around LBL (41 miles from Energy Lake to Fenton Self Service Campground) from Energy Lake. Nice spot, lots of skeeters in the summer.

Great waterside locations

We took two different weekends at Piney Campground and both times were able to get waterside spots and drop the kayaks right in at the campsite.  There are a LOT of kids around riding bikes (so be careful driving) but people respect the campsites and do a good job of being good neighbors.

The best spots book up quickly, especially for long weekends so reserve EARLY if you want a specific date.

Nice spot - loud road

The spot was nice, the park was lovely, but the road noise was bothersome. We were in a spot pretty far from the road but it was very noticeable. Bathrooms were nice, restaurant was closed for the season.

Some Happy Campers

I've been going here since I was a youngn' and it never fails to disappoint. Nice views with nice people all around and some of the hottest showers of you life. 10/10 would recommend.

Unique spot

Fun experience staying with all the horses! I didn’t really know it was a thing to bring horses to camp and ride them on the trails! Loved it. Spots are pretty close together but fine for big rigs. Drawbacks: Sites 49-51 are mislabeled online. Booked a pullthru spot on 49 but it wasn’t. Campground was pretty full and we weren’t offered a lot to correct that the website was wrong. I could pay more for a different site… ended up taking “49” back in with ample space. Horses neigh, lots of barking dogs and some rowdy late night campers. If you are looking for a quiet getaway reconsider. We enjoyed being in it all and near the horses.

Secluded and beautiful

Arrived on a late Saturday afternoon expecting other campers, and not a single one! Stayed two nights right on the water. All spots have fire rings and concrete picnic tables. No host, I assume, during winter hours. All spots are clean looking and $12/night. You pay at the pay station and no permit required for this camping site. Be sure to pay, had a ranger swing by Sunday morning to confirm our stub #. Did have some hunters driving by daily, heading further back along the lake but no other campers. Lots of down wood to use for fires. Be sure to pack everything you need for this trip, no close towns for restock. Has very clean vault toilets and a water pump, but unknown if potable or not. Cell service varies between 2-3 LTE for AT&T. Cold winter nights but boy, that sunset is beautiful. Would definitely stay here again!

New Owners

My family and I stayed at Parkers Crossroads overnight, just passing through until we got to our final destination. I was pleasantly surprised. The owners are new and were just on the job for their second day when we arrived. They were very hospitable! We arrived there later than expected. I called them, and they came to the office to escort us to our spot. The gentleman there even helped my husband get the electricity and water set up while his wife went over all the paperwork with me. The next day, we were really able to see the grounds. The property is beautiful! They have a pool , which h was closed for the season, and we loved the pond area. The only reason why it is not a 5 star is because 1) we didn't check out the restroom facilities, and 2) we wished they had a nicer playground area for the kids. I will say that the paperwork they shared with us shows plans to incorporate a new playground. So maybe there will be a nicer one when we come back. Best wishes to the new owners!

Peaceful area, great views of the lake!

This place is very neat.  We prefer areas that feel more secluded and provide enough space between sites so our dogs don't lose their minds at every sound/person.  This place surprisingly has some beautiful sites and most of them are pretty far apart! We stayed at the campsite farthest in the back that stands up on a hill.  You're near rocky beaches but you over look it from about 20-25 feet above.  Really beautiful! Majority of sites have a pretty nice view of the lake & there are some near the entrance that are mostly wooded if that's what you prefer.

I cannot say what this area is like in the summer months, I imagine a little crowded as it has a boat ramp. We went 10/24 & the weather was chilly so it wasn't too crowded.

We will definitely come again.