The best WALK IN camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Gradyville Camping Reviews
Plenty to explore!

I enjoy the different cave tour options. Everyone is has always been very informative which makes the experience a great one. We did the Green river boat tour which was cool. We even enjoyed the ferry ride. I went backpacking here in January so there wasn’t many people at all which made it extra peaceful. Still plenty to do at the park so I’ll be back.

Amazing place with quaint cottages to stay in!

Highly recommend this trip and staying in the Mammoth Cave Lodge cottages! Close to the cave tours, Green River, and lots of hiking trails in the area!

Best access to big cave

The campground is standard run of fair, pretty spacious & woodsy. THE CAVE IS VERY BIG AND COOL. Reserve the all day guided tour with crawling about in small spaces for the best experience. Make sure your boots have enough tread or you won't be allowed to do the tour!

This is a CUTE campground!

This is a super cute campground.  Easily accessible and very clean sites!  There is a small barn with animals penned up so you can just walk up to the fence and pet them.  My wife and daughter loved that!  Great little dog park with a mini obstacle course.  We had a great little trip here and would love to come again for a longer stay!

Beautiful w an odd set up

We loved it here! The spots were spread out and large but the pull through sites all had your camper doors facing the road rather than the fire and your table. Odd set up! The kids loved biking and exploring the woods. It was a bummer there were not trailheads close by! We also had a trek to the garbage.

Awesome campground

It’s a small but nice well maintained campground. Some of the sites are a little close together but we got one close to the showers but yet far enough away from people. At night it got very quiet and was very peaceful. The best thing is that we were able to see more stars than ever before. They even have a astronomy field for your viewing pleasure. I kinda wish I had taken more photos of the place but we just wanted to enjoy the outdoors with no electronics. Also there isn’t any service inside the campgrounds but the front office does have WiFi if you need it!

Much improved

I visited Pulaski County Park several years ago and it was okay. They have made several improvements since then and it is a lot better. The campground is spread across the hills and “bays” of the park. Not crowded right now and the water is WAY down. There is the hilltop “parking lot” pull throughs , the largest part of the campground spread across the knoll , to include water front sites and primitive sites across the road in the trees, also some water front sites. The trails are varied and pretty cool. They twist and turn and cross creeks and hill tops. I won’t say their easy to navigate but it’s doable if you pay attention to the names and direction your going. They are all mountain bike oriented and a few are challenging. The layout of the park is also confusing at times. I’ve been there several times and just recently found another parking area and trailhead. I’m surprised they don’t have a tree top trail or zip line, might be in future plans. The disc golf will take you on quite a hike and to another parking lot and trailhead totally outside the park. And of course there is the water sports/ recreation. I wouldn’t travel from across the country to visit this park, however it is a nice local place to spend a family week/end or just relax.

Variety

I LOVE Pickett CCC!! There is so much to do at this park. At the lake there’s kayak and canoeing where you actually paddle under a natural bridge. There’s a swimming area , geese and fishing. The rock formations are awesome. Then there’s the trails. A suspension bridge, another natural bridge and a cave area. These are easy to moderate trails but can be a little hazardous so watch your step. The campground….well, not my favorite. No shade, very close sites AND on a hill. It was crowded and a little noisy. No privacy, small and busy. There are some nice cabins and some older cabins. Sorta old meets new, cause some of these cabins may have been built by the CCC. There’s a museum on site too. Worth a visit!

Nice campground. Looked like some sites are smaller, but we were in site 99 it was a level pull through site. Only drawback was the road noise from a nearby busy road.

Perfect tent amenities

The caves were great but the amenities for tent campers were perfect. Bathrooms were well lit and clean. Water access was nearby.