Edmonton, KENTUCKY

Most Recent Edmonton Camping Reviews
A nice place near Cave City

I was traveling during everything shutting down, 2020, and feel lucky to have found this with lots of space between campers, all on gravel, and a pond and some long term people who seem to work there. Some families came and went the four days, and some overnight as they were headin to Canada, Massachusetts, and Texas. A small pond and field to walk or play on was a little wet when I came, dried out quickly, and another rain before I left Mar 26. There is a small number of items in the office for RVs and pop and ice cream. The proprietors want everyone to feel welcome and kids to have enough toys, fishin poles, and movies to borrow and return. I know I want to come back!

Cave Camping

We really enjoyed this place! It's located on the green river and has very spacious campsites. Plenty of room for the kids or dogs to run around. Very secluded. There is a concrete picnic table, pole and fire pit at each spot. Across the road to the ferry is a large pavillion with several more picnic tables for bigger gatherings. There are a few porta potties and no water or hookups. Primitive camping only. We tent camped here in July and saw hundreds of lightning bugs (see video)! It was magical, that really made the experience so much better for us!

Highly recommend a cave tour as well at Mammoth Cave National Park. You will not be disappointed!! Can't wait to go back!

A Great Place to Camp

Southern hospitality! Has horse camping with covered stalls. Great trails on Green River Lake State Park for hiking, biking & horses. Located close to boat ramps. You’ll be glad you chose Green River Stables!

Doesn't Pay Workers!

As a courtesy, since you both have decided to ignore the court judgement, I am informing you that a 'judgement lien' has been placed against Tn40Rv Campground. This will show on your credit reports, and will have to be paid before you sell the property or apply for loans with property attached as collateral. I will redo this every 10 years as ordered by law. If you want this lien removed, you must send payment in full to my address. I know you have it since you have been to our home. But here it is again in case you wish to pay what you owe me.

The total of judgement and court costs is: $2749.36 I will not accept any other amount. If you send less, it will be returned to you. Leonard Harrison & Mike Boosalis dba: Tn40Rv Campground

Nice getaway!

Spacious sites, very level, and a very clean park. Enjoyed our opening weekend. Great views, lots of playgrounds for the kids. I’m sure this place is hopping during the summer, but it was very relaxed and quiet on the cool, rainy weekend. As others have mentioned, not much cell service, but it was enjoyable. Only downfall for us was no where to “park” when traveling to the different play areas (basketball court, playgrounds etc). Warmer weather would make that better though. Hope to be back during the summer soon!

this is an amazing place to go camping

its a wonder full place to go have fun with kids and family and pets and good for fishing

Fish!

The Barren River Tailwater is a hidden treasure. On the far side of the dam from the main park. Right across the road is Port Oliver and the Twisted Oliver Trail. And fishing ALL around! The campground is partially shaded the sites level and several are right on the water. Several of the sites are close together and would work well for a group. There is a playground and picnic area nearby. In the winter months it is almost empty. In the summer fisher folk and kayakers abound.

Clean, Quiet and Beautiful

The campground was clean and quiet. Our campsite backed up to the Cumberland River. There were several spots for hiking and fishing. We will definitely be back!

Comfortable - good for new campers

Large camping area. Mostly RV campers. We were the only ones in a tent but that might have been because it was cold at night in November. Very pretty lake and beach area. The campsites are not secluded so tent campers should be aware. Staff was fantastic and bathrooms very clean. No litter/trash to be seen anywhere. Comfortable and good for new campers but if you are looking for something rougher and secluded like we were look elsewhere.

Big