Camping in Dyer

404 Reviews of 75 Dyer, Kentucky Campgrounds

b
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

Too close to the road

Decent little place but the road noise was annoying

Sitena
C
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2021

Wonderful place to stay

I absolutely love camping here. I went for years with my family growing up in a pop up and pull behind. I recently went tent camping there and it was awesome as usual. Some of the trails are a little rough, as in could use some mulch or rock but other than that it was really nice. There is a lot…

• The river bed, one of the trails takes you past
  • The river bed
Site5 on north face
Nancy B.
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Nice view by the lake

We chose to camp in a primitive site and ended up right on the lake. We are here during the week so it’s really nice and quiet!! Would definitely come back!

SiteC12
Beth H.
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Great Small Campground

Love staying here! Small campground and hard to get weekend reservations, but it’s a great place for kids to play and adults to relax. Sites are large and level. Easy lake access and a beach for use as well. Only downside is it is open for public use as well. It was very full on Saturday with…

Tom J.
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Fun Lakeside Camping

Axtel is a nice COE campground on Rough River Lake. Very family friendly and clean.

The sites are a little tighter than a typical COE facility but there appeared to be many folks buddy camping so it was well suited for that. Most site have power and water and it looked to be updated not too long…

• Great western view
SiteE70
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

My Favorite Campground

I love mammoth cave campground a whole lot. It’s not just the caves but I love the camp sites here. The rangers are super helpful and even if the tours are sold out the trails are awesome. Especially if you love snapping photos of the landscape.

WThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Bring level blocks!!

This used to be a great little place to go for a weekend getaway but not so much anymore. There are only one or two spots in the campground even close to level. The showers are clean and the whole camp is close to every store, distillery and restaurant you would want. Plan accordingly.

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Big Rig Friendly Very Nice

Would have got 5 stars but the power would spike several times a day to 129-132 volts setting off alarm in coach. We moved spots and same issue but fewer times a day. Highly recommend Surge Protector at this park. Other than that, super nice, kid friendly, obviously, with lots to do right in the…

Site222-252
Lena L.
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Full National Park Camping Experience

Very nice sites, clean bathrooms, ranger led talks throughout the day and in the evening at the amphitheater, close to showers, post office, and camp store. I enjoyed staying here!

z
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Great

Swell place to camp

Gordon L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Nice Nation Park campground

This is a very nice campground and very close to Mammoth Cave. The sites were well established and level for the most part. Check in was at 3:00 and I tried to check in early. No Dice! There is limited food available for purchase at the camp store. Their biscuits and gravy is delicious!

Site074 (tent)
DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Awesome city campground

Very pretty city park with wide sites though some are close together. Nice lake, trails, swimming area. Etc. Sites have water and electric, dump station on site. Weekends are busy. We would stay here again.

Amber S.
Reviewed May. 16, 2021

Perfect family campground

We spent the weekend here and absolutely loved it. It's perfect for our young kids. There are multiple playgrounds, over a dozen, and our kids loved traveling around to play on them all. The spots are level and nice, even if a little close together, which was our only complaint. But we were right…

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 16, 2021

Nice location with some issues

I've camped here around 10 times. The location to trails, access to water, latrines, secured gate access are all nice. It's about 10 minutes to a nearby gas station but you'd never know it.

The issues and why I no longer go here. The large group sites are peppered throughout the family sites so…

SiteSite 4
William C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Fun small adventure!

Cave creek is conveniently close to the water. Setting up was fast easy and convenient. I did feel cramped with the tightly squeezed camp sites but other than that my friends and family really enjoyed themselves!

SiteCamp site 57