The best YURTS camping near
Tate City , GEORGIA

Most Recent Tate City Camping Reviews
Great Campground

My wife and I decided to make a last minute trip to Tugaloo State Park this past weekend. The sites were large and spacious. We were in site #8 right on the lake. Water, electric and cable tv connections. No sites with sewer, but dump station has two receptacles so there was no wait to dump tanks on way out.

Has it all

RV/tent camping and cabin rentals. Campsites had wifi and pretty good tv signal. There's also a lodge/hotel on site with a restaurant, with gorgeous views overlooking the valley below. Camping sites are spaced well apart with electric, water and fire rings. The campgrounds also feature a bathhouse and laundry.

Begin your Appalachian Trail journey here with 604 steps to the top of a beautiful waterfall.

Has it all

Great Lake campground

Really enjoyed the lakefront campsites. We stayed at site 7 which is a pull through. We had camper and extra car with boat and kayak and fit with a little extra room. Able to kayak right from campsite. Campground has over 100 sites. None of the lake front were bad, some were low level, some had fenced railing with a little drop. All had great views some interior lots had lake views. Some interior lots were close together. Bath houses were very clean and spacious. Have a couple of hiking trails. I did the Sassafras’s Loop trail which follows the lake shore most of time and great views the rest. Our dogs loved all the space, no swimming due to temperatures in the 40s. Lots of stars at night. Very clean and well kept park. Camp hosts were helpful. Very nice staff at the Visitor Center, registration area. They also have cabins with docks and yurts as well. Great views from them as well. Will be back in warmer weather.

Great location and accommodating staff

We stayed here during Thanksgiving break 2020. We had a great spot on the river. The staff is very helpful and accommodating. We needed to work and do school while there and the Verizon cell service was limited and the WiFi signal was not great at our rig. The Lizard Lounge has a separate WiFi but you have to be inside or just outside to use it. Amazing river views and very close to the entrance of the National park. After walking around the river front patios are amazing followed by the river front decks.

Comfortable RV Camping

Very new, clean campground. Everything is well maintained. We camped after Zeta rolled through, so there were some trees down on some of the hiking trails but I could hear chainsaws running, clearing the paths. The camp sites were a little on the smaller side but still comfortable. It was far from being full, so even though the sites were a little close we weren’t near other campers. The RV spots are paved and easy to get level while the table and fire pit are in gravel. I didn’t get a chance to check out the tent campsites, so I can’t speak to that. The hiking trails were fun and peaceful. We also brought bikes and rode around the park which was fun. All in all, not the best campground I’ve ever been to, but it’s easy to get to and was fun for the family. I’d definitely come back.

Wonderful in the fall

We are here for Halloween and its fantastic! People have decorated and all the kids are running and having fun. So happy to stay here even though its a bit of a maze to get in and find spots. The camp host are also very nice and helpful.

Relaxing stay near Lake Lanier

So far we've enjoyed our stay at Don Carter. Bathroom facility is sparkling clean. Campsite is very nice, we docked the boat and were able to walk to the dock. Afternoon ride on the water was very relaxing.

Very pretty!

This place was really cool. There is a ton of ways to visit and stay here. They have cabins, RV spots and tent camping spots. There are a lot of hiking trails and its close to a damn so there's a little lake. They have a activity center and amphitheaters too. My only complaint was how close the RV spots are to each other. I personally want to have my hook ups but be away from every one else 😂 I will definitely visit again though

Love it

Spacious and on the river. Close to the biking trails and Cades cove. Spots are clean, fire pits are great, well maintained pavers patio and nicely landscaped