Yurts
About Skidaway Island State Park

As part of Georgia’s Intracoastal Waterway, Skidaway Island State Park is nearly 600 acres of maritime forest, tidal creeks, and salt marshes nestled between the Skidaway River and the housing developments of The Landing. The park’s main draw is its lush coastal woods of live oaks, red cedars, and pines dripping with Spanish moss, which, in turn, is home for a variety of wildlife, including deer, raccoons and a variety of shorebirds. Many of the park’s flora and fauna can be seen on a network of 6 miles of walking trails and boardwalks. Some trails are ADA accessible, and some are also open to cyclists. For your best chance at spying a resident alligator, go for a stroll on the 2-mile Big Ferry Trail.

Visitors to Skidaway Island State Park, just a 10-mile drive southeast of Savannah, have access to nearly 90 tent and RV campsites, in addition to 3 camper cabins and 3 group campsites. All sites offer electrical hookups, and some are ADA accessible. Campground amenities include restrooms with showers, bike rentals, picnic areas, two playgrounds, laundry facilities, and an interpretive center. There is also an amphitheater that hosts seasonal interpretive programs. A hiking trail from the campground leads to an observation tower that overlooks the Skidaway Narrows, where you can scan for egrets and osprey. If you’re lucky, you might spot dolphins swimming up the waterway. Campsite rates range from $40–$49/night; cabins range from $42–$140/night.

Price
$40.00 - $49.00
Hike In
Skidaway Island State Park is located in Georgia
28 Reviews of Skidaway Island State Park
Beautiful Park in Great Location

This state park is close to a lot of things to do.  Very close to Wormslow Historic Site and Savannah.  The campground is really nice with large trees and lots of hanging moss.  We were in site 61 that was very deep and secluded with our picnic table set back from the road.  We had to park our camper crooked because of a tree and roots.  The bath house was nice and clean.  However the heat was broken on the hand blower in the women's side.

There are sites with full hook ups.  There are also nice trails with one that leads to an observation deck.  Also have bike rentals.

Ranger Review: Stream2Sea Conscious Camper Kit at Skidaway Island State Par

Campground Review: Skidaway Island State Park is a great campground. There is not a bad site on the grounds. It appeared that all sites are pull-through sites, and there is plenty of space, with greenery, between each site. The comfort station is well-kept, although there was a sewer smell. That is most-likely unavoidable due to the soil type. It was not as unbearable as it may be in the summertime. Gratefully, the bathhouse is heated. We camped during record low temperatures for the area and time of year.(https://gastateparks.org/SkidawayIsland) The hiking trails are well-kept, and easy. One trail is very short for those who want to do some nature-watching, but struggle on long hikes. This trail takes you to a boardwalk, and observation tower in the tidal marsh. We were fortunate to get there as the tide was rolling in. This area is rich and diverse in flora and fauna. Wormsloe State Historical site is just around the corner. The staff and volunteers do a fabulous job at submersing visitors in the history of the area.(https://gastateparks.org/Wormsloe) You can’t visit here without exploring eclectic Savannah. If you want fresh seafood for your camp meal, I highly recommend Dubberly’s Seafood.(https://www.facebook.com/DubberlySeafood/) Product Review: As a Ranger for The Dyrt, the Stream2Sea Conscious Camper Kit surprised me with the effectiveness and quality. I work on a floating classroom for Chattahoochee RiverKeeper. I do“Protect What I Love”. I chose this company based on the name, alone, then was impressed to see that they are co-protectors and educators of our precious water resources. I found the sunscreen to be a little heavy on my sensitive skin, but it did not break me out, and it did protect. The Relief Gel works amazingly well, with only a dab. I have itching spells, and this gave me relief. I, also, used it on a bug bite, and it relieved it. The Shampoo& Bodywash smells terrific! I am allergic to fragrance, and this is natural fragrance. It has a tangerine smell. The only problem is that the aroma fades after it is rinsed out, which happens with natural aromas. It leaves my hair feeling fabulous and is not as fly-away as other products leave my hair. I don’t even need the Leave-In Conditioner that is equally as good.(https://stream2sea.com/product/conscious-camper-kit/)

Gorgeous State Park!

We went here for the first extended trip in our new RV and loved it! Gorgeous park with all of the oak trees and Spanish Moss. The camp sites were spacious and level. Some of the cleanest and nicest bath houses I’ve ever seen. The bike trails and hiking trails are unreal and everything is so nice. Very close to Savannah and Tybee Island. We will definitely be back!

Great campground

Nice level site. Good hiking, biking and playground. Convenient to Savannah.

Peaceful

Large camp sites and clean nice trails and playground for kids

Pretty park

They have nice big pull trough sites. Also have a fun learning center and nice hiking trails

One of our “go-tos”

We love stopping here when passing through Georgia. The campground is quiet and the sites are well-maintained.

Loved all the shade and space of each site!

Very shaded and plenty of space! Already looking forward on the calendar for when we can return!!

Gorgeous!

This campground was breathtaking with Spanish moss dripping from the trees. Loved the privacy of the campsites and the trails. Plenty of water activities to do and history to learn.

Great campground close to Savannah

This state park is only a few miles from down town Savannah, Fort Pulaski National historic site, Wormsloe Plantations and more. Nice level sites, hook ups, shade! We did have heavy rain 2 nights, so it was wet, but the sandy sites drained well.