Yurts
About Red Top Mountain State Park
Red Top Mountain State Park is located in Georgia
21 Reviews of Red Top Mountain State Park
Relaxing

Camped here Thursday and Friday night and was close enough to the city to be able to commute to work Friday morning. Our site I believe was 51 and steps away from The water. Easy check in and friendly staff.

Amazing!!!

This was our first camping trip (in a tent) that we have ever taken, and Red Top delivered. It was a beautiful location off the lake, great weather, and lots of trails to take. A great place to make memories. It was easy to find, easy access, and plenty of amendities. The bath house was a little rough, but with some cleaning up and renovations, I think it would be perfect. I definitely recommend any first timers to check this place out! Red Top topped our first adventure!

Easy from Atlanta

Red Red Top is one of my favorite spots when I need a quick Wilderness cat away from the city. It is always well taken care of, and the sites have easy access to the lake which is nice for sunrise, sunset and relaxing in a hammock. The sites are clean and easy to find, and the campground is only accessible with an access code in the evenings.

One of our all time favs

Biking, boating, hiking and more, this place has it all. We go here at least 4-6times a year. Don't plan on having a good internet connection though but who needs that? You're camping on the woods!

Amazing lake views

Red Top Mountain is a nice place, situated right on the lake, with lots of hiking trails, there’s plenty to do, and the scenery is beautiful. The campground is gated, so if you will be arriving late, you’ll need to call and get a code. Also, they require a two night minimum on the weekends when you book online, however if a site is only open for one night, you can call the park directly and they will book it for you.

The campground is mountainous and wooded, and the sites are very spacious. Many of the sites have lake views, and several are lake front, some you can even drop in a kayak. The campground has lots of large rocks throughout, just like the terrain of the area. We stayed on site #56, and had a great view of the lake. The tent pad in that one was huge, so we had way more space than we even needed.

My only complaint was the bathhouse was in desperate need of a major renovation. Cracked tiles, broken door handles, rotting wood on the stall doors, etc.

Plenty of Waterfront View Options

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Red Top Mountain State Park. The campground itself is spread out with large sites. There are plenty of options for waterfront sites and most all sites are shaded with canopy cover. Our site specifically that we chose 56, was perfect for our roof top tent. We parked on a flat pad below a small staircase up to a tent pad surrounded by large boulders and equipped with a picnic table and fire ring. Firewood laying around was abundant. My only complaint about this campground were the comfort station showers. If you don’t need or desire to shower I would have zero hesitation sending anyone to this campground. However if you desire or need to shower as my wife and I do, be warned they are disgusting. They are probably the worst I have experienced anywhere as far as cleanliness. They serve their purpose as far as sufficient water pressure and hot water but outside of that, they are far from pleasant.

Great spot

Not far from home. Bath houses were clean camp sites were nice and well maintained. Play grounds were decent. Will be going back

Beautiful surroundings, very close neighbors

We stayed in a campsite next to the lake, half the campsites are next to the lake, but that means you’ll be listening to loud boat engines and boaters screaming and blaring party music all day. Wish I knew this when I reserved the site. Campsite were a bit small, but well maintained with picnic table and fire ring. Lots of fireflies in the evening, fun to watch! Until your neighbor shines their headlights directly at your campsite every time they turn on their vehicle due to the way the campsites are placed… could be better designed, or have some kind of barrier since the sites are so close together.

Great park but terrible parking pads

We absolutely loved the park , but the pads for some of the trailers are advertised for 40’. Pulling into the site the back of our camper bottomed out and almost had to call a wrecker. Highly advise you call ahead or read reviews to find the best site for your camper. Even though we had issues pulling into our site I would highly recommend visiting this park.

Great camp sites

The camp sites are big and really enjoyed the campground.