About Cordele KOA
2 Reviews of Cordele KOA
Ranger Review: OOFOS Shoes at Cordele KOA

Ranger Review: OOFOS shoes at Cordele KOA Journey

Campground Review:

Right off I75 in Georgia sits a small KOA with TONS of amenities! Being just a block off the interstate I assumed it would be noisy. But all the trees make a great sound barrier and we had a nice quiet weekend and will definitely be back!

This campground accommodates Campers, with spaces up to 90 foot long! (up to 50 amp), Tents, and even offers Cabin Rental! Has a pool, propane fill station, firewood to purchase, laundry room and updated bathhouse. a dog area, wifi and even offers cable, for the people who like to camp inside 😉

Our weekend cost was about $70 for out tent site, there were a few people staying in a camper long term who mentioned they do offer reduced rates. I didn’t get to check on the cabins, but they look super cute from the outside and run $50 a night if you book online.

Nearby attractions (we did not visit) include Lake Blackshear, a manmade lake, with a really cool dam, and Georgia Veterans State Park on one side. They have a marina and beach. And The Andersonville National Historic Site the location of a Confederate prison where 13,000 Union soldiers died.

Product review: OOFOS SHOE

As a Dyrt Ranger I was privileged to get a major discount on an awesome pair of OOFOS shoes.

I'm telling you now, this is the most comfortable thing I've ever put on my feet! It's like walking on pillows every step you take! I have arthritis in both my knees and have been having some trouble lately. The day my shoes got here I was eager to try them on, and once I did, they didnt come off the rest of the night! They help with the pain of walking, and my knees havent hurt in a week. I'm in love!

They're made of a really squishy, super lightweight foam. And have a breathable mesh top. I ordered the light gray color, and love the tiny pop of lime green in the logo and little tag to help pull them on. I was hesitant when I seen they had no laces and the rubber strap on top was fixed. But i had no problems getting them on, the mesh is stretchy and my foot slid right in!

My only complaint is that small rocks get stuck in the bottom of the shoe, in the middle tread. But, they're easy to pop out.

They also offer flip flops too, so that will be my next purchase. OOFOS will be my go to shoes from now on!

Use my link for 10% off your purchase!

Im trying to be unbiased

KOA in Cordele, Ga is another example of what I don’t usually visit while going camping. I purchased a membership recently to give KOA a fair shake , they do sponsor a camp for kids and offer deals certain months , plus some people like their WiFi while camping AND as a child my family journeyed from Ohio to California one summer in the 70’s and KOA was the thing back then ( no WIFi of course;) but plenty of swimming pools, putt putt golf and evening entertainment.

That being said…..every KOA I’ve visited so far is an “island”, not connected to any outside recreational areas , it may be different in other areas. In Cordele, you had the campground and that was it. You have to drive somewhere else if you wanted to hike, kayak, mountain bike, etc.

Don’t get me wrong, this is my preference in camping, my sister in law loves KOA’s, so it all goes back to what you want.

The facilities were mostly well maintained but the grass was a little high in the tent area, may have just been in between maintenance. There was a small, fenced dog area and poo bags provided throughout the campground in yellow mail boxes. This was a long skinny campground with the pool located in front of the office , the dump station to the right of the road in and the shower facility behind the office. There was also a kitchen with an outside grill available.

We got in after dark and the after hours sign in and site assignment was a little confusing or I was just tired. When I followed the map I had a difficult time following the overgrown road to the tent site and was the only one there. Not a lot of light and not very good boundary markings to my site but no worries I was alone and could have parked longways had I wanted to. It was quiet and we slept well enough. There was electric, a fire ring and picnic table at each site plus plenty of sand, gnats (bring your bug stuff) and grass.

Once again, this all goes back to preference, it is a nice enough KOA but same as the other one I would not want to visit when it’s full, it would be crowded with little privacy.