We stayed in site #16. I gave it 4 stars just because of the road noise
- Spectacular view of the lake
- Clean bathhouse
- Site is partially fenced and the pad is level.
- Very friendly host
- Not far from hiking trails in
- Cell phone service (spotty in the campground. 4+ bars on the site with t-mobile)
- Plenty of room for chairs, gear and a fence for the dogs
- Firepit down by the lake
- Easy to get kayaks into the water
- 20 minutes from major retailers (Lowes, Walmart, etc.)
- Not a lot of shade covering our site
- Road noise as others have stated. Not a deal breaker. There are grooves on the shoulder of the road and when you drive over them it makes an annoying sound
- Site is closer to others than I care to be
- Quiet, but it's winter. I imagine it's more active in the summer
- I'm not sure about the quality of the water. There is a GA Power plant close by and I read an article about possible contamination from the smoke stacks. Do your research.
Overall we had a great experience and we would definitely come back again. Many of the sites are on the lake and I haven't seen one I would not stay in. They do have some construction going on near the dump station. Whatever they're doing they're quiet about it.
Well taken care of plot, Great Lake to fish on. Peaceful weekdays, busy weekends. But over all good place for the family.