Equestrian
About Jekyll Island County Park

Jekyll Island Campground allows you to pitch your tent or park your RV and stay among the magnificent oaks draped with Spanish moss on Jekyll Island.

Amenities:

-Walking distance from Clam Creek and Driftwood Beach

-18 wooded acres

-179 total campsites

-167 Full hook-up sites with both back-in and pull-thru options

-12 Primitive tent sites

-Electricity (30 and 50 amps), cable TV, water, and sewer available

-Free Wi-Fi

-General Store offering supplies, personal care items, firewood, propane, ice, and some RV supplies.

-Two bathhouses, each including toilets & showers with hot water

-Laundry on-site with coin-operated washers & dryers

-Community Pavilion – climate-controlled space for special events which seats up to 164

-Pickleball court

-Bike rentals

-Bird sanctuary

-Pet-friendly

Fee Info
Full hook-up back-in: $47/day Full hook-up pull-through: $47/day Primitive tent: $32/day Pet fee: $3.75/day per dog
Reservation Info
Weekends: two-night minimum Fri.-Sat. or Sat.-Sun. nights. Holidays: three-night minimum for Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day, call for rates. Reservations strongly recommended to ensure availability.
County
Jekyll Island County Park is located in Georgia
16 Reviews of Jekyll Island County Park
Gilligans Island on steroids

Jekyll Island was a last minute decision and I’m so happy I did decide to go. I short journey from I95 near Brunswick, GA. There is an awesome suspension bridge right outside the entry and then another bridge to the island. The office/gift shop/Highway Patrol office is just outside the main gate. The employees were very informative and friendly . So now the best part , in my opinion, of Jekyll Island…my dogs were allowed on all the beaches. They just couldn’t go around the nesting sanctuary for the birds. LOVE IT! And so did they :) The campground was well taken care of. Cool thing was that the campground supplied state plaques for the sites. It was mostly occupied by “snowbirds” and the tent area was empty. When this place is busy it will be crowded. There was a cute little bird sanctuary in the tent camping area and a laundry pole. Nice laundry room and showerhouse which are not used much by the snowbirds. There is a walking/bike trail all along the road and it was an easy walk to the beach. Now for the rest of the island. The historical area was MARVELOUS, you have to say Marvelous cause the mansions call for it ;) such a cool area ! There is the modern part to which is a mini mall with restaurants and shops and a convention/conference hall area. This is an excellent spot to vacation at where you can spend as little or as much as you want.

Large tent sites

Sites were very generous but also felt like an open floor plan, each sharing a boundary with another. I wouldn’t want to have the same site during the busy season. There are just a few sites that are surrounded by woods on three sides. Our site backed up to the bird sanctuary which was nice for some privacy. Bathrooms were clean and as it is primarily an rv park there was never a wait. Laundry facilities were great to have. They boast a walking trail to the beach, expect it to take 25 minutes. Camp store was helpful for basic supplies, water and ice, but did not carry food. We extended our stay primarily because of all the island has to offer. Both driftwood beach and the fishing pier are very close. The dunes beach was a short drive and was full of sand dollars.

Awesome!!

Our camping experience was comfortable. Neighboring campers were friendly, the kids had a great time, it was walking distance to the beach, and the staff was helpful with all of our needs, even when the breaker blew on the electric pole. The only thing that i would even complain about would be the size of the sites. But we managed.

Very crowded

You really camp “on top of each other” here. They squeeze in as many units as possible so it really doesn’t feel like camping. We found it noisy, dusty and rather unpleasant. We arrived about 15 minutes prior to check-in, but even though the site was empty and ready, we were kept out on the street until the exact minute of check-in, along with quite a few others. This is a rather ridiculous practice that makes check-in a long process. The park rents bikes for touring the island, which is a must, but it’s best to bring your own bikes. We rented 2 and they were wrecks; rusty, squeaky, brakes only worked part of the time. I had to return mine twice; the first couldn’t adjust the seat height as it was rusted solid, the second had the handlebars off-set, making steering very difficult, and again it was rusted and couldn’t be moved. Biking the island is a great experience. The historic areas are great, the beach trails are beautiful. Plan on a full day to see it all.

Nice place

😃

Love Driftwood Beach

Nice access to Beach, quite campground.

Peaceful

Love this place

Quite and close to the beach

I love Jekyll Island! It has a great campground and it's within walking/biking distance to the beach. I go over there as often as I can. It's family friendly and pet friendly. It's always clean and the sites are a pretty good size too. The bathouses are clean.

We had a nice stay in our tent. This campground is perfect for riding bikes and getting to the ocean quickly.

Love the driftwood beach!

Love this spot. It has a special place in my heart!