Allatoona Lake, GEORGIA
Most Recent Allatoona Lake Camping Reviews
Awesome Campground on the Lake!

Victoria campground is awesome! Two negatives- 1-could have more restrooms, depending on the site you choose, you could have quite a commute to them. 2.-The gate worker was super intense! Wanted to know every detail of everyone in our party, and my husband came late and I have to give notice for him to join us ( the campground is gated) Now the positives- It’s right on beautiful lake Allatoona! And you have access to the lake everywhere! The sites are very large, and everyone I saw had lots of privacy! Restrooms are large and clean! I hope to have a chance to return to Victoria!

Highest waterfall in Georgia

Very small campground, most sites were not level. There is water and electric, and a dump station. The Appalachian Trail approach trail starts here. The waterfall is pretty, with lots of views over the Smokeys. Ferns are everywhere.

Peaceful and serene

This campground was much smaller than I thought it would be for an attraction as big as the falls and Appalachian Approach Trail, but it was lovely.  The outer sites offered plenty of privacy and shade.  Lots of cute little snails moseying along. The campsite is close enough to walk to the lodge to have a meal, but don't plan on supper at the lodge on Mother's Day.  They apparently closed the restaurant down early.  The staff was super sweet though and gave us a boxed lunch.  After a peaceful night of rest at the campsite, we drove down to the visitor center and began the Appalachian Approach Trail.  The waterfall view was great at midpoint, especially since it had just rained.  It was 8.5 miles to Springer Mountain with lots of friendly people to chat with along the way.  There were plenty of places to stop for a rest or to camp overnight.  We decided to hike all 17 miles in one day and it was tough.  Overall it's a beautiful place and we would definitely stay here again.

Breathe taking

Beautiful place, very peaceful and clean

Close to ATL

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights due to work in ATL. Mostly long term tenants, but a handful of short term sites. We stayed due to the proximity to the city. It's cheap and safe, but not somewhere you want to hang out all day.

Great trails

Great trails. Beautiful views. Campground is lacking. Not much shade on the sites and jam packed sites. Will not return.

Rocky ruins of a mysterious wall

There is an ancient stone wall across the top of the mountain that no one is sure who built. Most credible theory is Native Americans around 500 AD, but there are other wired stories. Lots of hiking, a large lake for fishing, and bike and equestrian trails. We picked wild blueberries for breakfast just a few yards from our camp site. The campground is large, water and electric and some full hookups. There is a museum and small store.

Great Hiking

This park has some great hiking solo or in groups. Beautiful area and you can capture some great photos!

Great mountainous campground

Beautiful views from high up on the mountain. Spectacular waterfalls and hiking trails. They also have a really nice restaurant and lodge at the top.

nice place for families

This camp site is great for anyone dipping their toes into camping or for families. Each campsite is distinct but not isolated. Many are right on the water, which means all day play for everyone. There are hot water showers and toilets, and the sites have areas for camp fires. Nice place to bike or walk as well. We stumbled onto a few random hidden beaches, it was pretty cool and chill.

Amazing hiking trail

I visited this park for the first time and was amazed how beautiful it was. All the walking trails are well maintained and have excellent views. I highly recommend it. The ruins are very cool to see as well. I was sad you couldn’t walk through them though.

Great park but terrible parking pads

We absolutely loved the park , but the pads for some of the trailers are advertised for 40’. Pulling into the site the back of our camper bottomed out and almost had to call a wrecker. Highly advise you call ahead or read reviews to find the best site for your camper. Even though we had issues pulling into our site I would highly recommend visiting this park.

Spring Break

Great place, enough to keep the kids busy!

Basically a “little hole in the wall”

This place is small but has a lot to offer. They have RV hookups and putt putt golf. They offer cabin rentals and a lake “beach” for swimming and paddle boat rentals. I usually come here to grill out for family events and to do some fishing. Not a bad little place to visit.

So close to me and I love it.

Lived in Georgia my whole life and yet my first time to Stone Mountain was literally three years ago. Now we have an annual pass and go all the time. This place is world renowned for its fireworks and laser show but you have to go off the pavement to truly fall in love with Stone Mountain! This place is great for everyone. I mean everyone, from free runners to hikers and all you folk that like to “camp” in your RVs. Visit this place anytime of year and you will not be disappointed. Apparently it’s rated #1 as the best place to camp in Georgia. I’m more into the nature only kind of camping but that’s not everyone’s cup a tea. Stone Mountain has something for everyone.

Found this place by accident! It glad we did.

So my wife and I were trying to find a place we had previously been to and stumbled upon Sawnee by accident. We are adventurous so we decided to give it a try. We were amazed at everything this park has to offer. They literally have everything you could ask for. Swimming, fishing, and camping. I think they even have boat ramps. As for us we are avid hikers so we stuck to the trails. There are a few trails that interconnect so we hike for hours(which we loved). Although we did not camp we are definitely coming back to do so. Sawnee has over flirty camp sites to include some walk-in sites. I think there is a small fee to camp but it is worth it. We went in the middle of the week when it wasn’t crowded but I could see this place filling up on a weekend. Sawnee has places to grill along with picnic tables and water stations and restrooms. For those that love nature but want a touch of home they have water and electrical hookups available. It’s also pet friendly. I definitely want to come back and spend a weekend hiking and camping and fishing.

Breath taking. From the views to the hike back up! Lol

Cloudland is absolutely beautiful!! I used to come up to this area every summer growing up but never visited the park. I’m so glad my wife recommended we actually go to the park. I’ll be honest, the hike down to the falls wasn’t to bad. The hike back up was pretty difficult. Tons of stairs. But the trails down by the falls were nice and level and very scenic. When we went it was pretty dang cold but because we were down in the valley we didn’t get much wind.

I love that Cloudland is pet friendly as well. We can’t have a dog right now but we got to see many friendly pups on the trail. It’s also really nice that Cloudland has areas with vending machines because I always forget something. The hike in camp sights are nice. They have picnic tables, which is nice for us because we normally eat on the ground with the trails we do. Overall Cloudland was awesome and I will definitely be going back.

Convenient

Love the convenience to the festivities of Stone Mountain Park!

Peaceful and spacious sites

Friendly gentleman at check-in. Nice spacious sites with peaceful atmosphere. Will definitely stay there again in the future!

Waterfalls and hiking

Very clean with both day areas and multiple camping areas. Lots of rv sites and tent camping, along with walk in camp sites. Also have cabins and glamping!

Lots of trails, frezby golf and a fishing pond.

Great backcountry site

Enjoyed my first backcountry camping at this beautifully park! Great site and lots to do!

Spot On The Lake

This area is really clean! And for a family that camps alot that's a big deal. They have a range of camping options. They are either right on the water or about a 100yd walk away. Would recommend for anyone wanting a nice view of the lake

Historic Methodist Church Campground

This is a historic Methodist Church Campground that is not used except on special occasions.

Great Campground

Very nice wooded campground on Lake Lanier, very spacious sites, many on the lake. Water and electric with a dump station. Dump station very easy to get into. Nice playground for the kids, Over the air TV worked great. Only reason for the 4 stars is our site was not level, took some work to level our rig. Also our site needed a little TLC. I did notice them updating sites. Defiantly worth a stay

Wet Weekend

Visited in February and it was a wet sloppy weekend, LOVED IT ! Of course no water sports due to the weather. I saw some fishermen and I know they have paddle boats to rent. I also saw a handicap accessible fishing pavilion. At the campground I ended up with a pull through site . I love the set up of the campground. It is a winding, hilltop, one way road through the campground which adds to the privacy of the sites. There are double sites to pick from and a nice handicap site next to the showerhouse. At the far end there is a playground and one site right behind it. So be careful not to pick it if you don’t want to listen to the raucous noises of children. There are a couple of trails to pick from, two circle the lakes. One connects to the Pinhoute (don’t ask me to pronounce it)and there’s a trail to the Marble mine. The cabins don’t allow pets , they are nice structures with full amenities and decks. The pioneer structures would be cool for a group event. I did not hike to the primitive campsites. Rain, mud and mess aside we had a good time.

Great camp sites

The camp sites are big and really enjoyed the campground.

A.ways stay here

Great management. Close to town. Security is great. Everything you need for a camp ground.

Only RV

No tents just for RV

Backcountry #5

Our absolute favorite spot is #3 but we were very happy with #5! They went to an online specific reservation system now so no more guessing which spot you'll fight for. A long side trail off the main loop, you'll get some mountain views between the winter trees and climb up to what feels like the top of the mountain. Very private. There's a nice flat spot for the tent and plenty of running space for the pup to play fetch. The picnic table is right next to the fire pit which was nice and I was able to hang my hammock up on the other side! The only downside is your water source is down at the main loop so you'll want to get that on your way in or out.

There's a little trail that leads to the park border and private property I assume.

Great place