the dyrt
17 Reviews of Mistletoe State Park
Very nice

Spacious campspots,beautiful lake

Lake Retreat

Most of the sites have water access. We stayed on 83 which was on a quiet cove. No view of the lake but easy canoe or kayak access. One bathhouse for our loop but never anyone in there and the campground was full. Our loop had larger sites than the main loop with the boat ramp. Most boats where docked right at the campsite. Very large park with many walking trails. Very nice camp hosts that maintained the sites very nicely. Take a walk to the walk in sites as you will see some beautiful views. I liked site 4 and then 2 of the walk ins. Both have a trail right to the beach. All walk in sites were nice. We took a drive to Thomson and did some antiquing in some quirky shops that were very friendly. We drove over to Winfield Campground which is a beautiful campground as well and is cheaper because it is an army corps of engineers campground. I would recommend either campground. The pictures are of our campsite (83) and then the ones we liked best. I have 73 as my #1 choice but we don’t have a motor boat (only canoe and kayak) and my husband thinks that site should go to someone with a motor boat. That leaves 82 as our first choice as we can still launch the canoe and kayak from that site. We have been told by everyone we have met for 3 years to go to Mistletoe and we were not disappointed.

Would be better with more lake

Mistletoe State Park is just outside of Augusta, GA. It’s on Lake Strom Thurmond, which is good for fishing and boating. The campground was nice, with level sites, and clean showers and bathrooms. When we were there the lake was very low, so the water activity was limited. It is close enough to Augusta for dining and shopping if you need that.

Waterfront

Great lakeside camping. Very clean, very quiet.

Great views

Enjoyed our site. Camped next to relatives and had the perfect swimming area between us. Planned on fishing but never got around to it since we spent most of our time inthe water. Bathrooms were veryclean and staff at office very friendly.

So beautiful...and right on the lake!!!

My campsite was perfect! I loved that the sites are nicely spaced so you are not right on top of each other! Bathrooms were close and very clean.

Welcome center sells wood and general supplies.

Peaceful and amazing place to cast a line and chill while the sun sets!!!

Well Maintained Park

Well maintained and manicured. Park rules are strictly enforced. Campsites on the water. Beautiful, clean lake for kayaking and all water craft sports. Great roads for biking. Plenty of hiking trails. Bath houses are clean. Laundry facility in the park. Beach, pavillions for large picnics, playgrounds, cottages, convenience store inside the office, friendly camp hosts, and a dump station in the park. Going from fcfs on August 2nd to online site specific reservation which will make it difficult to reserve sites for full weeks b/c many camp only two nights.

My local favorite

I've camped here a few times and frequent the trails. Great for car camping, trailers, RVs, and back woods camping.

Main camp areas have bathrooms, showers and even laundry. Individual sites have power and water. There's a small beach area and playground for kids too. Tree cover is great in the summer.

Camp sites are close, but not in top of each other (probably 20 yds at closest).

The staff is super friendly and provide a lot of informative and interpretive resources.

Beautiful!

This campground is close to home. The rangers and patrons have maintained this park well. The lake views are incredible! The primitive sites are a short hike in and so serene. The bathrooms are clean and have washer/dryer accessibility.

Backcountry Camping

Prior to walking the Rock Dam Trail, I was interested in the conditions of the backcountry campsites. So a few hours and pictures later, I can now share this here. The trail could use a little more maintenance around the split rock area, and mosquitoes were plentiful between the "His & Her Oaks" and Backcountry Campsite #1. Didnt notice anything that would keep from this park getting 5 stars.