Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 60 ft.
Blythe Island Regional Park Campground is located in Georgia
14 Reviews of Blythe Island Regional Park Campground
Nice Campground near Jekyll Island

We stayed in the tent only area and it was nice.  I don't remember a lot of road noise but then we traveled 2 weeks around Florida and heard road noise in every park so maybe I was Immune to it.  The bath house in at the swimming beach and it is a little walk, so if you have little ones that might be a pain.  Also in the summer I can imagine it would be packed with day use visitors.  We checked in late so no interactions with any Park staff but the lady that booked the site on the phone was nice.  Park is close to Jekyll Island where there are killer bike paths all around the island and that is what we were there for.  The camp ground on Jekyll did not look good.  I would return and stay here.

Beautiful sites, very clean, ROAD NOISE!

Pros Primitive sites are quite private with tons of palmettos and Spanish moss hanging from the trees. Beautiful! Very friendly staff They sell ice and firewood - they’ll even deliver firewood to your site! Boat launch Plus a lake to kayak, swim and fish Lots of cute bunnies When we were there, we were the only campers at the primitive sites. RV site was hopping! Can drive to all the Golden isles!

Cons Lots of road noise, it’s worst at the primitive sites compared to RV Raccoons!! Could hear them at night, they got very close to us. We left no food out and they were still checking us out. I’ve never felt so close to animals when camping. Shower pressure - otherwise bathrooms are clean

Great Sites

Super easy check in process with friendly staff. The sites were spacious and had lots of onsite amenities. We enjoyed all of the wild bunnies as well.

Very Clean Campground

My boyfriend and I stayed in a primitive spot for three nights Labor Day Weekend. Some spots were definitely too close together but we were spread out and there weren’t a lot of campers in the primitive spots. The spots were within walking distance to the bathrooms and the lake which you could swim and kayak in. You could also walk to the showers (located behind the bathrooms-they give you a code to access)and main office but this was a bit further out. The main office has ice and fire for sale which was convenient.

Some things to note:

-They stop selling firewood at 5 pm and nowhere in town sells it (we asked EVERY store). If you want a fire but won’t arrive until after five you might call to see if you can purchase over the phone (not sure if they will). They delivered the wood right to our site and we feel it was reasonably priced.

-The gate into the campgrounds locks after 7pm but they give you a code to get back in. They also had people driving around in golf carts surveying the area which was nice. We felt safe leaving our stuff to go into town which was conveniently located next to I95 and about a 10 minute drive from the campsite.

-Alcohol apparently isn’t allowed in this campground. We brought some in anyway but we weren’t there to party. I don’t imagine this site would be good for a crowd looking to have a good time.

-The raccoons and possums at this campsite are straight up TERRORISTS and aren’t afraid to steal your food day or night! They even managed to lift up the top of one of our coolers and stole some of our food out of there so you know they know exactly where to look for it. I was really surprised the campground didn’t warn us about this on their handouts. Store your food in your cars, dump your trash before bed, and don’t leave any food out! The trash can they provide has a top but it isn’t big enough to hold everyone’s trash. If it doesn’t fit find another trash can! The coons will get into it and leave a mess which isn’t fair for the workers to have to clean up.

-If you plan on bringing your own kayak/paddle board, the lake is a nice little venture but it doesn’t take long to paddle the whole thing. They state if you want to use the lake you have to pay $5 per person but didn’t have anyone regulating this. There’s a bridge that you need to go under to access the whole lake on the right hand side if you do decide to launch. We didn’t get in the water while paddling. Too murky and it looked liked rock formations were everywhere. I wouldn’t recommend diving in.

• There is no grass in these primitive spots. Only dirt. Also the ants were really bad here. Definitely plan for that.

All in all the site was nice and we had a good time disconnecting.

Very nice place to spend a few days

An easy to navigate campground. We pulled 35 feet with no issues. Nice walking trails, a lake, full hookups, clean toilets/showers, laundry, a little beach, and lots of shade. It's also very quiet and not crowded. We stayed a week. My only "issue" is the outside space and concrete slab is a bit small. Other than that a great find! Plus it's Parrot-approved….Iggy goes to all the campgrounds and he loved it.

Natural Beauty!

We stayed in the primitive camping area which had an otherworldly beauty with draped Spanish moss hanging from the trees. The sites in here were very pretty, many shaded, some less shaded, but most all had a good amount of space and privacy. The sites with the best view of the water were too close together for us, and we were able to switch to a more private site on arrival since many sites were open. The ground is packed sand and dirt, no grass. The restrooms are across the road from the camp sites, so a decent little walk from the sites. The water spigot was near the check-in office which was a few hundred yards away. We planned to be self contained, bringing our own road shower and pop up restroom, so we had no issue with this. The grounds are truly beautiful, though quite hot in early July, of course. You can buy firewood at the office and they drop it off right at your site for you. It was great burning split pine. Very enjoyable time for my wife and 7 year old son and I.

Lots of RABBITS 🐇🐇

Level sites, fishing & good walking/biking trail.

Great camping trip

I cant say how much I enjoyed my stay here. Easy check in, friendly staff,  plenty of privacy, hiking trails, fishing , boating and the cutest bunnies that I have ever seen while camping. Apparently the bunnies have been here for quite some time. I have read several post of the domestic / wild rabbits that wander the sites. I have to admit a few pieces of kale lettuce and maybe even a few carrots may have dropped on the ground. My wife took several pictures of them in and around the camp. If for nothing else these 4 legged critters made it a special stay. They also have some large raccoons wandering around at night.

Blythe island does not have the history or tourist attractions that neighboring blythe island has not do they have a substantial gate fee that Jekyll island has. I was actually booked for a week on Jekyll during their "shrimp and grits" festival. We booked via website and everything was set until they changed my spot to a small short space next to the gate. We declined  and luckily found Blythe island. Jekyll island said my camper wouldn't fit in a spot that was in excess of 40 ft. I'm not sure why but I'm sure glad they did. We had time to visit both islands and more. Fishing hiking and time around the campfire. Sites are fairly level and have Many trees. Be careful. We saw a few mishaps by over anxious camper who ended up with much more damage than the tree had. I have never gotten into people watching as much as I did while here. We are so use to checking for obstacles on the ground that sometimes we fail to look up. The trees are tall and most sites are well shaded

Water and electric was fine the sewer was set toward the front and about 15' away. The ground went uphill so water was in the hose the entire stay.  Not really an issue if you have good hoses. I dont think cable worked either but this is the 1st time to actually try to program it on my tv. Level sites are a big plus too. Trees between the sites are great and I actually felt private.

We hope to return and suggest it far over Jekyll for camping and visiting Jekyll to get more historical information.

We stayed one night, wish it was more! We had a site across from the lake. Nice shady site. Our 33 foot fit with room to spare. Has full hook ups. Restrooms were clean. Definitely would stay again.

Need to check it out again

We didn’t spend a lot of time here but we liked what we saw while here. The staff was friendly when checking in. Our site faced the small pond and was quiet.

Year 2021 Flag