Yurts
About Stone Mountain Park Campground
Stone Mountain Park Campground is located in Georgia
48 Reviews of Stone Mountain Park Campground
Favorite Campground

Great campground, pool and facilities.

Cleanest bathrooms!

Lots of things to do, we took the shuttle over to Stone mountain from the campground. Campsites are pretty close together but not bad.

Fantastic

Beautiful campground with access to huge park with lots of fun things to do. Seasonal events always happening too. Fun taking the sky lift to the top of the mountain and hiking back down. Beautiful and historic place

Awesome Park and Campground but a bit crowded

This is an amazing State Park with plenty to do and much to explore. The campground provides many beautiful views and offers a ton of sights. Upon arrival the front gate/check in area was a bit congested but staff was friendly. The bathrooms were sufficient and clean. My biggest complaint about our particular site was the fact I felt like we were right on top of our neighbors. This campground is a bit too condensed for my liking. When I go camping I don’t want to be able to hear my neighbors every word. It was also a bit difficult maneuvering in and out of the sites as every site seems to be right on top of the next. Loved the park and the views, did not love the lack of privacy in the campground.

One of our favorite places

Huge campground and you never have to leave the park for anything. Huge lake that you can not swim in. Bathhouses are nice. They have a lot of different loops from primitive all the way up to full hook up with cable tv and WiFi. The kids will never get bored at this park. They have a speaker system in the campgrounds that alert you when bad weather is on the way.

Wonderful place to stay

They have alot of options to camp from a tent to a camper, to renting a yurt, safari tent or travel trailer. The bath houses are great and clean. There are so many things to do in the campground and the park. I love visiting as often as I can.

Nice for quick getaway

Camped 3 days over Memorial Day.  Crowded but expected.  We stayed in green section.  Very shaded. Small to medium sites.  Have a 23 ft Grey Wolf and had no trouble managing parking.  Some 5th wheel and Class C had a harder time in this section.   The purple is considered the prime but I did not see paying the extra.  Yes it is by the pool and playground. But many sites have no trees for shade.   There is lots to do in Stone Mtn.  Good shuttle service so you don’t have to drive, park and walk.  Check website first to see what things you are interested in to determine price as most have a cost.  The laser show is free and a must do.  I am disappointed though as over the years they have cut back on the historical components but still enjoyable.

Our campsite was nice, shady spot on the water. We will consider coming back just for the proximity to Atlanta. Just be aware you have to pay $20 just to get to the campground which I think should be included if you are staying at the campground. It appears they need to do some upgrades on the roads and some of the paved sites as the asphalt is cracked or broken away. They do have shuttle service to the park which is nice.

Wooded and private

We camped with my parents in the RV section of the campground, it was beautifully wooded and offered plenty of space/privacy from other campsites and was still a short walk from the bathhouse. Also had a little view of a lake down below. We definitely hope to return and take in more of the park!

Great family camping location tons of fun for all ages. Sites are close.

There’s all kind of activities for the kids. They have free transportation within the park / campground area.  Helpful staff too.  The sites are close but they are not difficult to enter.  We were there last month and they were renovating and updating areas but this did not impede any traffic or fun.  Highly recommend especially for families.