Rains Landing , GEORGIA

Most Recent Rains Landing Camping Reviews
Nice state park

Campground is wooded and good space between campsites.  Hiking trails in the swamp.

Highlight of the Year

We stayed over Thanksgiving and had such a fun time. We took our canoe for a paddle on the Okefenokee and counted 25 alligators in less than an hour! We also rented a motorboat to explore the swamp. The deer were not scared of us and wandered around our campsite, as did a hungry raccoon. We also saw bears near the cottages. This is a great kid friendly park. The bathrooms were very clean. November-winter is definitely the time to go. We did not have a bug problem but I can see how it would be an issue in the warmer months. We can’t wait to go back.

Remote location with amazing dark sky star gazing!

This is off the beaten path but worth it. Make sure you have groceries before turning onto 177.  Once inside the camping area it is very quiet and peaceful. The sites are spread out pretty well and most have foliage between them to provide privacy. We were in 'back-in spot' #5.  Each site comes with fire pit and picnic table. They do sell firewood at the Trading Post along with a few essentials.  The "Dark Sky" designation was the draw for us and the night sky was indeed spectacular.  No bug issues for us as it was mid January however it was pretty chilly at night (30 degrees). The bathrooms were a short walk away however no heaters so on a cold weekend be prepared! A neighboring camper brought a dog that barked at every opportunity, but otherwise we really enjoyed our time at this park. There are nice flat walking trails, a great playground for kids, and canoes/boats for rent at the Trading Post to head out into the Okefenokee. Overall a great spot that we will definitely return to.

Nice quiet adn relaxing

LSW is a nice quiet park. Playground for the kids. Walking trails, boardwalk on one end of the lake. Lake isnt big, boats and jet skis are limited. I hear the fishing is good. Lots of open areas to enjoy. Bikes, canoes and kayaks to rent.

We were in site#2. Nice level site. The site directly behind us was somewhat close, but otherwise a good site. We have friends in#30 and#31, not too close but not too far away.

The hosts did a good job of keeping the bathhouse clean and stocked. The office staff were helpful and nice. Over all a nice park that we will visit again.

Easy Overnight Stop

We are always comfortable stopping here, usually after what turns out to be a long first day on the road from Carolina to Florida. The super-friendly hosts lead you into your site, offer ideas for local take-out, then give you breakfast some days before you hit the road again.

Was happy to find this place

Had a tire blow on 95 just a mile from here. We were so happy for our unscheduled stop. Great store on sight. Free breakfast and pizza and wings delivered to your site.

Beautiful and peaceful campground

I loved my site near the end of the second loop. The bathrooms where very clean with plenty of hot water. The showers were individual rooms so you don't have to worry about anyone coming in while you are in there.

Plenty of wildlife in the area. I had 5 deer around my site while I was setting up my camper. They did not seem scared by me at all, in fact one came within 10 feet of me. The doe startled me a bit but she just wanted to eat. There is plenty of space and vegetation between sites, so it very private. This is another dark sky area so the stars were amazing. I went in early December so unfortunately I wasn't able to see the milky way.

I will definitely be back to this campground.

Great KOA

We have stopped here several times as a one nighter on a trip. Easy in and out and they have a grill you can order dinner from. Not necessarily the best food, but keeps me from cooking so I'll take it!! Also have a complimentary breakfast.

Great Lake, a little crowded.

If you aren’t lucky to get one of the sites right on the lake the inner sites can get a little crowded with very little privacy. One of the sites farther off the lake hugging the treeline would have been nice. Otherwise nice facilities and great playground. Swimming area and kayaks to rent. Nice cabins, but quite a hike to them if you have friends staying there.

Middle of nowhere

Way out away from society. Do calculate the distance from main road to the park if you see low on gas as you have to come back out to it for closest station. Neat park with great wildlife. Very narrow roads through most of campgrounds. Can be tricky if backing in bigger rig. Site 11-15 get more privacy. Renting a boat is a just. Quick trip out to the swamp. Very family friendly with nice playground close to sites 11-15.

Year 2021 Flag