Two Buttes , COLORADO

4 Reviews1 Campground
Top Dispersed Campground near Two Buttes Colorado

Most Recent Two Buttes Camping Reviews
Perfect

Quiet. Secluded. Safe. Beautiful sunsets. Stopped off for an overnight on the way to Great Sand Dunes NP. So glad we found this place. Highly recommend.

Reserve ahead of time - camp reservation system unrealible using phone

This is more of a review on the Colorado's reservation system than the campground it self.  This is a by reservation only campground, which I did not know about before arriving as I was traveling and this was not my intended stopping point for the night.  As it turned out I was unable to camp here.  Arrived at 7pm after hours and they only way to make a day of reservation was to use their online system which started out fine.  Made a account with Colorado, then made one for the reservation system got to the final step and then it would not let me agree to the terms of service, tried numerous times with out luck.  They have two ways to pay for your entrance to the park, by paper or electronic means at a kiosk, but only through their reservation system for a campsite.  Would be nice if the kiosk would let you reserve a site.  So if you are traveling and need a campsite get here early while park staff are still on duty or you might be out of luck.

Beautiful park!

No one was there when we stayed at Point. It was really windy, I enjoyed that. The lake view and rocky shores were beautiful. Oh! And it was reasonable. $20 I believe.

I got lucky enough to find a pile of wood at another camp site to use. Other than that, there was none around.

Point Campground

We stayed here 4th of July weekend. The lake hasty spots were all booked up but there was some on the point available last minute. These spots have some of the best views for the sunset. Some things to consider. No water so bring your own or you’ll have to go fill up at the lake hasty one. Bathrooms were available for few so you have to walk or drive up to them. Clean spots but no shade and very windy/buggy. The breeze at night kept us cool and didn’t get very hot until after 10am. people were walking down to the water to fish from the camp spots. We were able to drive our car into the wildlife area where you could park very close to the water and post up all day. I think you can also disperse camp like that but read the rules. We also drove across the dam and found some awesome sandy spots on the water. Dispersed camping was also available there. We posted up all day and had a blast playing in the water with our dog. Hardly anyone around. We went and got more ice on our second day at the bait shop right outside the park down the school road.