Camping in Monument Park

Recent Reviews Near Monument Park, Colorado

337 Reviews of 75 Monument Park, Colorado Campgrounds

Alan B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Stonewall Lodge is a great place

We were so fortunate to find Stonewall Lodge and rv Resort. Full hook ups, if that’s what you would like. Very friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Beautiful nature drives. We can’t say enough kind words about this lodge and campground.

Siteno number
Steve D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Nice and private

The spots were excellent. Calm and clean. The bathroom was a disaster. That’s about all I have to say about that.

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

duplicate

this campground listing is a duplicate of Lathrop lake state park. That one will take you to the correct website. This entry is incorrect.

Trent C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

Great spot

This is not my type of camping and it is my first time staying at a KOA. If resort camping is your thing this one is clean, has showers, and pancake breakfast on Saturdays.

Greg R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Great for overnight, crowded

We love the place, some people took up a lot of space and blocked areas. Verizon was good 2-3 bars with LTE. Some gnats, had to go up a mile or so, to get a spot...1

• east
  • south
  • southwest
Site15ish
David I.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Pretty Good

Good price for the experience. 25$ for a tent and 2 people. 5$ charge for each additional person.

The view is superb. Camping sites are a little close but not a problem. My only complaint is the bathroom. Disgusting Lol. But absolutely a must stop place to camp.

Fabe D.
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

To the Dunes

Staff very helpful. Not much privacy, tent sites kinda wide open. Killer views of the San Luis mountains just past my fingertips.

• just outside the Great Sand Dunes N.P. & P.
Jordyn M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2021

Quick overnight in passing

We really enjoyed the drive along the Enchanted Circle, vert pretty, super scenic. We pulled into Ponderosa Campground around midnight on a Saturday, and there were plenty of spots available, with easy self pay station. Woke up to some beautiful views!

Site12?
KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Beautiful Views

I wasn't expecting to pay a fee, since it's managed by BLM. The fees were humble, though. $11 a night for a single camper. The campgrounds were great. I was able to get in early and pick a good site. Table and fire pit on site. Bathrooms in walking distance, and seemed to be well kept. They do seem…

SiteSite 11
Marie W.
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Very WINDY! BYO water

I wouldn't make a point to come back but wouldn't avoid it. We camped here for proximity to the sand dunes, obviously, which I'm sure is the goal of those of you reading this review.

The road driving up is about 20-30 mins and pretty rough/bumpy. All sorts of cars made it, just know your…

Blair S.
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Don’t trust Dyrt directions

I’m sure there is beautiful camping in the area because it’s gorgeous out here, but after having to camp high up on an extremely rocky trail, I learned 2 lessons:

1. Don’t enter at night
  2. Don’t trust directions via Dyrt + Google Maps
l
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Free with fishing/hunting license

Pretty much tree-less, but picnic tables have shade structures. Windy. Great place to watch sunrise over the great sand dunes and mountains.

• sunrise from the campground
Month of VisitApril
Aaron M.
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Very nice campground with full RV hookups

This is a great campground with top notch amenities. We enjoyed the laid back time we spent here looking at Fishers Peak. Nice to be that close to the lake. One thing to keep in mind, from the campsites there isn’t great access to the lake, you’ll need to come in From the East entrance to the park…

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Nice camp area

Close to highway in a canyon. Can be noisy at times. Small river with trout. This is a state park with a camp host.

D
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Nice facilities

Stayed one night. Staff was friendly, informative and helpful. Enjoyed the camp ground which was well maintained and I will definitely stay again when in the area.

Sitesite 15