The #1 Camping App
Camp with confidence with the highest-ranked camping app for both iOS and Android. Search more than 500,000 listings, reviews, and tips for campsites across the U.S.
Enter your phone number to get the app.
We stayed here on the Friday night of Labor day weekend 2019 in a tent on our way west. Nice area with plenty of places scattered out so you don't have to be close to others. Only one other person staying in the area that night. And completely free!!
The staff is friendly, the bathrooms are clean, and there’s a restaurant across the street and a pizza place on site. However, the location is a disaster. Literally right next to highway I-70, there’s no way you’ll get a restful nights sleep. Maybe in a RV or renting a cabin you’ll have better luck, but as a tent camper it was brutal.
My family and I stayed here for one night in a 34' travel trailer as a reward from crossing Kansas. :) We knew what we were getting into - a tight family campground, so we weren't disappointed in that regard. It's actually a little hard to write this review because there's such a mix of pros and cons. I think listing them out will be the best strategy.
- VERY close to the interstate. Take a look at a satellite map view so you will come prepared. The road noise is ever present, and if you can tune it out you will be a much happier camper. We were able to sleep ok with it, but it was a constant in our experience.
- Proximity to your neighbor. This is the way it is with KOAs, but it did feel strange hooking up utilities within arm's reach of your neighbors having dinner.
- Wifi. They advertise it, but it was so slow that not once was I able to successfully load a single webpage. Verizon is also not strong here.
- Cable. They had hook-ups but quality was too poor to watch.
- The hot tub was closed with no indication when it will open.
-The playground was pretty awesome, large and with multiple things to climb on for kiddies.
- They had a pool and kiddie pool. Both are small, though.
- The game room is really nice! (see pics)
- Pizza and ice cream on site.
- Affordable laundry. $2.50 for wash and 50 cents for 8 minutes for the dryer.
- Clean and tastefully decorated bathrooms and showers.
- Pancake and sausage breakfast on the weekends for $6.50.
- A BBQ restaurant run by the campground.
- 40 minutes to Denver.
- Dog park.
Overall, not a bad experience, just not spectacular.
This is a disaster! I made reservations several months ago as part of an extended, 5 week trip. We got here as they are in the middle of a major construction project. It is undoubtedly needed. But, they should have called or emailed us about the inconvenience, dust and noise! We could have found an alternative place to stay. Bad form in their end, and also in KOA to allow it.
For a free campsite this is top notch. There are two bathroom facilities and dumpsters (very clean camp sites). There are multiple places to camp around the reservoir each with a shelter built. Easy to access of the interstate. Has phone service too!
We stayed in this campground fall of 2018 in a 40ft 5th wheel and satellite+plenty of space for tow; full hook up with free hot showers and coin laundry on site. Was offered free WiFi voucher but cell signal was fine. Staff was friendly and helpful - will be back if passing by on 70 again.