Holly, COLORADO

Most Recent Holly Camping Reviews
A great experience!

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and Sundance High Plains RV Park. From the wonderful welcome we received when we checked in to the amenities of the Park it was great. Moderately priced, attractive, and accommodating.

Last minute

We were traveling through and needed a place to crash for the night so we decided to stop in for the night… Was a great family friendly environment and pet friendly… Would recommend them without hesitation… I look forward to camping there more in the future myself…

Reserve ahead of time - camp reservation system unrealible using phone

This is more of a review on the Colorado's reservation system than the campground it self.  This is a by reservation only campground, which I did not know about before arriving as I was traveling and this was not my intended stopping point for the night.  As it turned out I was unable to camp here.  Arrived at 7pm after hours and they only way to make a day of reservation was to use their online system which started out fine.  Made a account with Colorado, then made one for the reservation system got to the final step and then it would not let me agree to the terms of service, tried numerous times with out luck.  They have two ways to pay for your entrance to the park, by paper or electronic means at a kiosk, but only through their reservation system for a campsite.  Would be nice if the kiosk would let you reserve a site.  So if you are traveling and need a campsite get here early while park staff are still on duty or you might be out of luck.

Beautiful park!

No one was there when we stayed at Point. It was really windy, I enjoyed that. The lake view and rocky shores were beautiful. Oh! And it was reasonable. $20 I believe.

I got lucky enough to find a pile of wood at another camp site to use. Other than that, there was none around.

Point Campground

We stayed here 4th of July weekend. The lake hasty spots were all booked up but there was some on the point available last minute. These spots have some of the best views for the sunset. Some things to consider. No water so bring your own or you’ll have to go fill up at the lake hasty one. Bathrooms were available for few so you have to walk or drive up to them. Clean spots but no shade and very windy/buggy. The breeze at night kept us cool and didn’t get very hot until after 10am. people were walking down to the water to fish from the camp spots. We were able to drive our car into the wildlife area where you could park very close to the water and post up all day. I think you can also disperse camp like that but read the rules. We also drove across the dam and found some awesome sandy spots on the water. Dispersed camping was also available there. We posted up all day and had a blast playing in the water with our dog. Hardly anyone around. We went and got more ice on our second day at the bait shop right outside the park down the school road.

Great water sport stop.

If you play on the water, then this might just work for you. There were no water hook ups. There is power available but every site is shared so no privacy. They are under trees so shade was good. Sites are unimproved and very soft when wet. Folks are generally nice.

Very minimal.

In the middle of seemingly no where… Great one night stop. A few electronic & water hook ups. No dump station that I've found. Dogs should be on leash, but no one here and no one to bother.

Great stop.

Nice RV park with a bonus of "cabin" rooms in a newly refurbished vintage motel. For a few bucks more than camping, we opted for a nice room with queen beds and a hot shower. Delightful change after 11 days camping.

Fun In the Sand

Limited spots

Amazing staff

Clean and maintained

Small pond for fishing swimming

Great sand dunes for riding at..they have poker runs and atv/utv rodeos several times a year. Brand NEW bathhouse.

Sites are taken quickly so reserve well ahead of time. There is another private campground (more of a dirt lot with hookups) past the main area.

Usually family friendly but can get rowdy on poker run weekends.

Gas and groceries about 5 minutes from park

Such a beautiful campground! Trees in Colorado!

Beautiful and great fishing too! bird watching is also awesome!