Camping in Glen Echo

Recent Yurts Reviews Near Glen Echo, Colorado

200 Reviews of 22 Glen Echo, Colorado Campgrounds

Paul Z.The Dyrt PRO User

Mountain Lake Peace and Charm

First time to Dowdy Lake and I've fallen in love with this campground. It's so peaceful here. The lake is beautiful. The sound of birds and the wind going through the trees is so calming.

Some technical notes. There is no dump station and I noted on the water hydrants that filling RV potable…

SiteUnit 56
kimberly K.
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Fields, dirt roads, and mountain

Camping sites a good distance from each other. Sites clean and firewood all around. Creek to dip your feet in and trails to hike on.

Siteright on the dirt on, many to choose from
bThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Fantastic well-kept campground at a pretty reasonable price.

Went to the campground and stayed for five days with my parents and grandma. Not only were the staff super friendly, they helped us get our RV parked and leveled, and continued to check on us during our stay to make sure that we didn’t need anything. All of the staff were super knowledgeable. This…

Site16, One of the deluxe sites.
B
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2021

Fun and lots of sun

Good campsites, a little close to next site but overall good experience and my dog was able to roam a little off leash and good hiking and fishing

Sitedispersed
AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2021

Perfect spot

Well maintained campground. Very quiet, even when full. Bathrooms were incredibly clean. Big picnic table, bear-proof food box, close to river.

Kelsey C.
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

Quaint Quiet Camp Ground

This camp ground seems so underrated. While it doesn’t boast views of the mountains as much as other places, it’s a great quiet place to get some lake time!

Sites are very easy to pull into/out of. We had electric hook ups. Camp sites are not super level, but there is plenty of space.

The lake…

RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

Close to All RMNP Has to Offer

Loved being in the park and having easy access to all the park has to offer. Especially with the new timed entry requirements. However, Loop C in which we stayed was very tight between sites and the old growth pines have been removed and replaced with younger/shorter trees. Still enjoyed some elk…

• Morning Visitor
SiteC118
Greg R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Close to park with opening available

We Boon dockers, the site in the area were totally full. We had to get an auto part and was told of this campsite. I drove here and asked. Jerry was very nice and gave us a place for two nights. We were in the park where there are no hook up. We have solar and water so no big deal. Great views,…

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Pricy But Great Spot!

With no traffic, it’s only about 6 minutes from the park entrance. There certainly is a lot to do here and I appreciate the bear boxes at each site. Very well maintained. My only complaint would be the cost (which I’m sure is the going rate around here) and the $2 coin operated showers. They have a…

SiteM 69
Steve D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

The best campground I’ve seen

While some of the spaces are really close together, it still doesn’t feel cramped. The store is excellent, there is a trail right at the far side of the campground. The bathhouses are nicer than my bathroom at home and you’re so close to RMNP you can practically hear the moose bellow.

d
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2021

Family fun

Our 3 kids had a great weekend

S
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Excellent KOA

This a great campground. Excellent Staff and amenities on site. The lake is great for catch and release. Grounds are well maintained no observed litter on the property. Walking path around the lake keeps our puppies very happy for exploring.

P
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Clean and quiet!

I took a quick one night trip, just a man and his dog. The camp ground is clean and quiet. It was nice to sit and relax listening to river. There are trails to hike and wander through.

Karon D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

North Michigan is a gem

Beautiful scenery, easy access into sites. Short walk from campground to the water. Fishing was amazing!

Sitetent/rv
Karon D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Ranger Lakes

Great little RV park in State Forest State Park. Small pond nearby and beautiful hiking around the campground. Take lots of bug spray, the mosquitoes are everywhere

SiteRV/electric