Cathedral , COLORADO

Most Recent Cathedral Camping Reviews
Peaceful, lovely campground

Very peaceful campground near spectacular black canyon. The B loop has electric hookups. When we were there, it was First Come First Served. We arrived in late Sept on a Sunday for one night, arriving around 2:30 pm. We found a site easily but in the hour after that there were no more sites in B Loop. Ranger was super nice and she shared interesting info about black canyon. Nice hike directly from the campground to many of the canyon lookouts and visitor center. Beautiful sunsets and evening light!

Off the beaten path solitude

Spent seven days here as a base for bagging fourteeners, 4 wheelin', and just chilling.  Super clean campground, clean vault toilets,

Excellent Choice!

Great place in an awesome location! Stayed for 3 months beginning of 2020 and had a great time! The host is always checking to make sure your stay is everything g you need! Location allows access to some absolutely GORGEOUS places to explore in Colorado. The camp sites are a little snug but a few do have more room for privacy. Beautiful Rio Grande runs through the park and trees provide a very comfortable setting. Lots of wild life and stars are amazing at night

Good hiking from the campground

We spent two night here and really enjoyed it.  There is a nice hike right from the campground.  The trail allows motorcycles but it doesn't appear they have been there much.  We didn't see any.  Usage would be light/medium I would say.  The road in is good for all vehicles but I question the length recommended.

Our 5th wheel is a short one and there we only a couple of sites we could fit.  I would think a 30' trailer would be about it.  There were a couple of dispersed sites on the way in that could have taken a bigger unit.  The road in is a one lane affair so a big rig would have an interesting time if they ran into some one going in the opposite direction.

Most Pleasant Campsite I Have Been!

We took a buddies trip in October and it was the perfect spot for a getaway! Highly recommend and will be returning to this site in the future!! From Nich, Aaron, and Anthony From New Mexico!!

Great wooded campground

Very friendly staff, beautiful wooded campground with small pond. Plenty of shade. Great base camp to go explore lake Isabel and crested butte and black canyon.

Very nice and clean!

We were only here for one night but would definitely stay here again!

They have a large facility with RV sites, look liked some small cabins to rent, restaurant, laundry mat and probably some other things we didn’t get a chance to see. Also had propane fill-up on site. It is conveniently located along the river north of town. The river has a walking trail which leads to the hot springs and town.

The hosts were super nice and easy to communicate with. They text you all the information after you make your reservation which was super helpful. The location is super clean and well maintained.

Lucky find!

On a roadtrip from Houston to Vegas.. my darling fiancée and I had planned on stopping in crested butte but couldn’t manage to make it there in time and we just so happened to find this campsite along the road we were traveling and good lord I’ve never been so happy with a campground!!!!! One of my favorite stays along this week long trip!

Only downside was that it was very close to the road but that’s not enough for me to take down a star! Easy self pay right up front, bathroom, nice trails, and the views here were unlike anything I’d seen off the side of any old road!

The pictures are amazing but they still do no justice!!

Campsite was clean, there was only 1 other camper, few was just $12(if I recall correctly) and honestly I would paid well over that amount for this spot!

Each campsite has a small trail behind it that leads to a river with a towering cliff on the other side. Yes… I went to all the campsites and went through all their little hidden trails to see which one had the prettiest sights and I tell you what.. they were all amazing! Especially this one that had rocks that you could walk on out over the water. It was a campers dream 😍

I would and have been suggesting this spot to anyone traveling through Gunnison, CO!!!

Perfect established campground

Williams Creek is just about the perfect spot if all dispersed sites are full, or if you’re more comfortable with established campsites with toilets and hosts.

We stayed here during stage 1 fore restrictions so we could build a campfire.

Hosts were very friendly and kept the facilities immaculate. Firewood available for purchase from them.

The views here are incredible. Near 360 view of peaks and a crystal clear stream. Some premium sites are near the stream.

It’s about 40 minutes to Pagosa Springs due to washboard roads, but the drive itself is worth it.

Lots of Dispersed options

Miles of FS roads right off the main park entry road, 347, before you reach the park entrance.  Roads are pretty rough, but pick a site not too far along if you have a trailer.  I would not suggest trying to drive your class C or A in here-go into the park and pay for a spot.  Check conditions-muddy or snowy would definitely make access tough.  I went to watch the Leonids meteor shower (sad showing) and found a great spot open to the sky.  Plenty of spots with shade as well.  Endless hiking along the roads.

Please leave your site cleaner than you found it.