The best RV SITES camping near
Boone , COLORADO

Most Recent Boone Camping Reviews
Comfortable RV park

My relatives live in nearby Trinidad, Pueblo, and Colorado Springs. This site is convenient to all three. We wanted to stay at the state park in Trinidad and in the summer, we definitely would do that. But it’s December and it’s cold and this park has full hookups unlike the state park (electric only). And we are staying for a week. We picked a spot near the building with bathrooms but on arrival we were told that building was closed so we ended up being at one of the furthest spots from the office (which also has bathrooms and showers). Their website says that they “are open and fully functional” and we would have chosen a spot closer to the office building if the closed bathrooms were indicated. I told the check in lady this at check in and she didn’t have anything to say, didn’t offer us a closer spot, and the website still doesn’t mention the closed facilities five days later.

The site 6E has a sewer hookup that is fairly far from the electric and we needed our 20 foot sewer hose to reach it. It’s on a slight uphill slant so some creative engineering was required to dump. The water was frozen at our site because the provided heat tape wasn’t functioning. I had to re-tape it with some heat tape I brought and it thawed out and has worked fine all the other nights. The neighboring site (empty) was not frozen. Bad luck. The only dumpster is near the office and it’s a long walk and was very full one day.

That aside, the park is good for our needs. The office bathrooms have a code and are clean with hot showers and very few people using them. That’s one of the best parts of this park. I’ve included a couple photos for your reference. WiFi works fine. Can’t get the cable to work but that’s probably me. There’s also a nice playground and some interesting looking cabins in various styles. Since it’s December, it has snowed and it is beautiful. The sites aren’t very busy in December so we’ve had quiet neighbors. Some people look to be full time but the sites are clean and uncluttered. The park feels safe and while it isn’t very close to any shopping except a couple of gas stations, and is surrounded by fields on this side and the highway in front, the isolation keeps it quiet and pleasant compared to some other parks we saw in neighboring cities. Very dog friendly and most dog owners keep their dogs on leash and the off leash ones were supervised well. Easy access to Trinidad (check out Purgatoire River Trading Co for some cool shopping, also the town has great artwork), Pueblo (about 30 minutes away), and Colorado Springs.

Great Location

Very Clean and convenient location to Colorado Springs. Thought highway traffic noice would be a problem but, could not tell rv park is next to the interstate. Tent camped here and they have special raised beds with pavilions for tent camping.

Do. Not. Check-in. Late.

I did a late check-in because it was the only place that I knew would be able to help me. I checked-in, set up our teardrop, electrical, turned the heater on, unhooked, etc… And there was 2 things missing on the after-hours paperwork… The "secret passcode" to the restrooms, and the Wi-Fi password.

I walked back to the office in 12F temperatures to see if there was any kind of after-hours numbers…

There was a sign on the window that said " have an emergency? Dial 911, have concerns "after hours" with a local number… I called the local number 3 times… And finally left a voicemail. "hi, my name is Joshua, we did just did late check-in, and there is an area for the bathroom code on the map, but it was blank, can you please call me to let me know what it is… It's an emergency, please"

That was 1:14am. I finally received a text back at 7:09am with the code. At 1:50am we decided that we could stay at a boondocking location with these benefits for free… The reason we chose a KOA is for the bathroom, shower, electric, and solid access to WiFi… I left a voicemail letting them know that we were leaving and didn't expect to be charged for the night (they had us leave our credit card number on an envelope, and throw it into the mail slot).

There is a public rest stop across the highway from them that has a 24/7 public restroom and rest stop.

The next morning… About 45 minutes after (what I found out, was the owner of the KOA) texted me the bathroom code, I get a call from the "host"… They tell me that their number is on the front and back door (never saw it, took pictures to take back to my car) and they never received a call. I explained to them that the basic needs of a person are: water (not provided in the winter), food (we are prior to going), and shelter… That's the challenge… What does shelter mean… Personally, it can mean anything you want it to mean. Objectively… It means the "basic amentities a person is willing to pay for". Access to a bathroom, access to water, and a place to sleep… I had a place to sleep… So I suppose I should be grateful, but I was offered the SAME deal at TA Express.

When they called me the next day, they spent 5 minutes trying to explain why I was stupid for missing the non-existent sign with the "correct number" that would've "stuck out as necessary on the front and back door". Then tried to tell me that I was expecting too much to have after-hours access to the restrooms because "late night check-ins have 'destroyed' the bathrooms" and "if I'd been put in that position, I'd understand, that this was the way all of them were doing it now", despite 30+ facilities I've been to that have SOME reasonable way to allow me to use the bathrooms after hours.

The explained to me, like it was a favor, that they wouldn't be charging my credit card for the 36 minutes of (denied amenity) occupation…

When I said that it sounded like we didn't have anything to discuss, they promptly hung up on me. So…

Don't stay here unless you have no other options. The office manager is rude and unresponsive unless you only travel between 9am and 6pm… And don't expect customer service AT. ALL.. .

Excellent State Park

Colorado Springs offers much to do and this campground is a great spot to unhook. “The Meadows” is one of the loops…all level spots here, full hook-up. Not much privacy or shade, but would still highly recommend. The park location is close to Garden of the Gods, Manitou Cliff Dwellings, Pike’s Peak and more. The park offers many wonderful hiking trails…and a frisbee golf course. Convenient drive to grocery stores and restaurants.

Great for overnight

Clean, friendly

WILD Life All Around

We really enjoyed the trails. Mule deer wondering around, humming birds whizing by truly enchanting.

A favorite spot

A favorite camping spot for me and my friends. Paid reservations and you need to pay a daily parking fee unless you have a state park pass. Hot in the summer!! Juniper breaks is alright but we really loved the kettle creek campground much better. Just be aware the water pump in kettle creek shoots straight up, which is VERY nice when you’re hot because #pueblo

Pit stop

We had a great secluded little tent site here! We got in just before dark and popped up the tent had a quick dinner and was able to get some much needed rest!

The shop, amenities, and bathrooms were a nice touch after being on the road a few days! We didn’t stick around because we were heading to Washington, but we really enjoyed our stop!

Nice campground for RV!

All amenities functioned good. The hole to the sewer was a little janky, but nothing too disruptive to our dumping routine. Wifi is free, but is very slow and very unreliable. No streaming videos are allowed. We had fine AT&T cell service though so used our phone hotspot. Nice and clean laundry facilities. Campground had everything we needed. They opened up a spot for us day of that they normally don't rent out which was super nice and instead of just staying one night, we ended up staying a week! We could have moved to a more shady spot on the camp after the first night, but we stayed put. Friendly staff and great customer service. They don't do weekly rates, just daily or monthly. Pretty rugged and simple campsite, but pretty road to drive on to get there and very accessible to Colorado Springs! We had to hook up and unhook on a small incline which was a little tricky, but I don't think they were all like that across the campground. The most exciting part of this place is the accessibility to miles and miles of trails on site. You can walk to from your RV site and get a legit workout in. You definitely get some elevation gain for sure, especially on Trail 2! It was good to be here to adjust to the elevation. The people around us respected quiet hours and we had no problem bad issues with noise.

A true desert oasis!

Lake Pueblo State Park offers 13+ miles of trails for hiking and biking, plus incredible access to Lake Pueblo itself.

The Arkansas Point Campground is a great place to camp. Sites offer mostly level pavement and 20/30/50 electric hookups. There is no water or sewer at the camp sites, but community water is available throughout the campground as well as a portable water spigot at the dump station.

My advice? Plan to stay here for at least 3-4 days. You’ll want to extra time to hit the trails during the day and do some stargazing at night.