Akron, COLORADO

Most Recent Akron Camping Reviews
Convenience off of highway

This is a very convenient place to stop while road tripping east west across Colorado off of the I-76 Highway. Looks a lot like most of the campsites are for RVs and most of those places are occupied during the summer. There wasn't much available in terms of tent sites, nor does this place really cater to the tent camper. Tent sites I did see were not very level were very small. They did have a picnic table and maybe a barbecue pit but they were pretty unkempt and no fire pits at sites I saw. It is pretty great that they have a pool and hot tub on site, but it has not been maintained and was closed for what looks like a while because I saw a lit of debris build up in the hot tub. Their bathrooms are open and available, and are an upgrade from a porta potty, but they are nothing special. There is a dump station with non-potable water available and also sites that were full electric hookups. Even though I tend to sleep in my roof top camper, I usually can book tent sites with that arrangement. This place was very cheap and allowed me to do so, but next time I need to road trip I'll look for a site with a few more working and available accommodations like a fire pit.

Free one night camping

Great place to stay for a night. Free electric, water and dump station. Nice park next door with swimming pool and playground. Thank you Brush, Co.

Jackson lake

No shade what so ever but a very nice camp ground and marina with beaches.

A good place to stop over

We needed to stop on the way to the mountains and most places were full but we found a spot in Brush. It had 12 sites with Electric and Water. Memorial Park was pet friendly, heated restrooms and showers, picnic shelters, playground, and disc golf. There was also a fishing pond across the street. We were excited to find out the first night was free and after that it was $20. It was a good place to spend the night.

Nice and Quiet

stayed overnight on a Tuesday while traveling to MN. sites are great! They have sheltered picnic tables and nice fire pit. Electric only, but water available to fill your holding tank and a dump station. Not many others were camped here, and most seemed to be just staying the night. Lots of birds in this area for anyone who loves bird watching. And, I captured a pic of 2 bucks making their way through the tall grass as I was heading out! I'll stay here again!!

not much here but free, had electric

15 amp electric, picnic table, grill, by the interstate & park with playground, lake, free up to 5 days, no water or dump station, paved parking lot with trees, good Verizon service

1st night free, $20 night after that

water, electric, dump station, pavilions, showers, dirt parking lot with small shade trees, good Verizon service,, stayed 1 night,,

Great find in the middle of nowhere

This campground has a lot of great spots with a view of the lake. However if you have a boat and camper get a pull thru spot. Btw a ranger found a bull snake. That was huge. Non poisonous. But surprise. Ha ha

Windy & flat but ok.

A lot of sites are available for tents and RVs. Some with hook-ups and some without. We camped once with hook-ups and a pull thru (new trailer owners) in Oct and it was extremely windy and TONS of flies. Dead carp all over the shores :( The second time was in the spring (May) and we camped closer to the lake with no hook-ups. Great spot with easy access to fishing. Not as windy…no bugs really. Camp host was nice. Kind of noisy with so many people in close proximity. Not our favorite camping spot but a great place to check out your RV for a first run of the year.

Tons of Mosquitoes

liked the trails joining each campground.