Camping in Gallups

Recent Hike-In Reviews Near Gallups, Arizona

232 Reviews of 46 Gallups, Arizona Campgrounds

Chuck N.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2021

Happy Jack Dispersed Camping (FR81)

Great area for dispersed camping! Plentiful large sites,and big rig friendly. Cell signal is sporadic, depending on the occupancy of the RV park down the road about 6 miles. More RV park campers means more cell congestion and slower speeds.

If this area has a drawback, it's that it has a lot of…

LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Great campground

The camp hosts Chris and Jerry are wonderful. The camp was very clean and well managed. Each camp was like a little zen garden. Manicured very well and organized. The community toilets even smelled good!

Tyler D.

Perfect getaway

I was very surprised of how easy it is to get here. Just right off the highway. The road is overall pretty easy to drive. There are some spots that I would only go over with a truck or higher clearance vehicle. We have a traverse and it did just fine. Lots of places to camp!

Gillian C.The Dyrt PRO User

Highly Used Dispersed Camping

Dispersed camping off dirt roads. Highly Used but still space for privacy. Fire restrictions in the summer. No cell service. Some groups were loud and some vehicle traffic throughout the night. Sites are not numbered, just camp near the road. Check out Woods Canyon Lake on the way in!

Gillian C.The Dyrt PRO User

Pretty Dispersed Camping

Standard dispersed camping along many off-road trails. Quiet and clean with no amenities. Fire restrictions in the summer. The West Clear Creek trailhead is nearby, so light vehicle trafiic for the trail. Tons of available spaces with privacy. No cell service.

EThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Beautiful desert campsite

We had a great stay at lost dutchman, lots of great hiking, and dog friendly attractions nearby.

Houston Mesa Campgrounds

• Peaceful and relaxation!
  • Some hiking, read a book, and close to Payson.
  • my android had service to check in with my family.
  • Clean Campground and Bathrooms.
  • 2 miles East on Houston Mesa rd. Away you can drive to shofly Indian ruins.
  • 2 miles north on 260 is creek on the West side of the…
  • relax aussie
  • shofly Indian ruins
SiteBear road 8

Flowing Springs Campgrounds

Free camping only next to the road with a quarter mile stretch to pick with 2 spots. Car traveling on bumpy dirt roads with dust on camp sites. I rather pay 27 dollars to save my vehicle from damage and dust.

Siteside road

Flowing Springs Campgrounds

Siteside road
Elian M.
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Really lovely

Stars were amazing, the sites felt spaced out and private. I'd happily camp here again!

Kayla O.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Our go-to spot

We love to camp at the Mogollon Rim! There are plenty of sites to camp in, but it does fill up quick on the weekends. By Sunday afternoon, almost everyone is gone.

When you first come in there are sites closer to the rim, but these tend to fill up faster than the others. If you drive further back…

SiteRoad 169
DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 24, 2021

Third trip out with the family

Went out to fine tune our camping setup with the family and a new tent. After several years away from camping, we are quickly learning the ropes. Lost Dutchman is close enough to town if we need supplies(which this trip proved to be needing) that we can go get what we need from Apache Junction.…

Bob F.
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Fantastic

This is a great state campground. Not a lot of sites but they're REALLY BIG and gives a sense of being in the forest but still has toilets nearby for those who need them. Great place for tent camping but most sites can support MH & Trailers.

Don M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 19, 2021

Spacious sites and amazing views

I love these sites, they seem to really embody the AZ southwest camping experience for me. Our site had a view of a trail where we watched equestrians ride by sporadically throughout the evening. We saw some snakes, coyotes, and other wildlife. This is a very nice site, and a quick drive from…

Siteunsure