Camping in Cosnino

Recent Standard (Tent / RV) Reviews Near Cosnino, Arizona

468 Reviews of 60 Cosnino, Arizona Campgrounds

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Wish we could stay longer!

This spot is amazing! There were plenty of options when we drove up the road. We can see one other camper from our spot but we didn’t really hear anyone overnight. We did notice some trash around and will pick up what’s around us before we leave. If we lived closer we’d be out here all the time!

Steven B.

Amazing

The views are amazing and right there behind each spots, the spots are separated pretty well, and lots of day-hiking opportunities. Take County rd 231 for the nicest roads in. Most other routes are great for 4x4-ing.

Alex S.The Dyrt PRO User

It did the job

I don’t pay for campgrounds too much but needed to for a night here.

Clean bathrooms, clean campground and excellent hosts make this place a winner. The river access also added to the positives of the spot.

My only complaint is that a handful of sites are where you park on the pavement and have…

Alex S.The Dyrt PRO User

One of my favorites

Spent a couple nights up here recently. I’d definitely recommend patience and a vehicle that you’re comfortable hitting ruts, rocks, etc with depending on which route you choose to take into this location.

As for the sites there are a handful of off shoots that go to the edge with the views…

SiteCliff edge
L
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Great dispersed camping

Camped here for two nights in two different spots. Both were great, plenty of distance between me and other campers, quiet and peaceful. There were some motor bikes and ATV’s over the weekend but nothing crazy. Good free camping that is easy to access and peaceful!

C
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Lots to do around here!

The campground itself is ok. Fairly large sites, lots of trees. No electricity, but water spigots scattered around. Fort Tuthill County Park is huge with an incredible amount of activities: zip lines, adventure courses, equestrian courses, bike and hiking trails, etc. So the place offers a lot…

SiteG1
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2021

Free and Easy, but Hot

Great place for some free camping. Many different spots in the road and gorgeous scenery of Sedona. Bring lots of water and know that there are no bathrooms for a while. Would recommend. Road is rough, but not horrible.

• beautiful sun set
SiteDispersed
N P.
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Pretty Sedona spot with a creek

Walkable to town and lovely appointed gravel sites. Amazing creek access for wading or a little dip. 20 min walk to town. Great wifi and clean WC with nice shower water pressure. Busy but would return!

Jim C.
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Very upscale

Very clean very upscale. Great amenities definitely do again

Month of VisitApril
Jim C.
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

So great exactly what we wanted

Flat level sites very easy to deal with close to Route 66 and railway for grand can

Month of VisitApril
R
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

Large Spots

There are large pull through spots and people seem to respect your camping space. Its a wash board about 500 feet in and it smooths out a bit after that. There is fair Tmobile signal here. Saw a humming bird multiple times. They will fly right up to you and stare at you. Nice breezes at…

SiteAbout 1 mile down the forest road.
Ashley M.
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Nice but meh

Was a quiet and respectful campground until my last night when I was truck camping (up at 4am to beat a snowstorm going back to Colorado) and the host double booked my site to tent campers after I had tried to go to sleep.

Tommy B.
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Beautiful high elevation lake and camp

We had heard about this spot from friends. So glad they recommended it. Very nice spot.

SiteB 48
MickandKarla W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Interesting State Park

Homolovi SP was easy to find off I-40, just follow the signs. We went straight to the campground (CG) as the entry shack was not occupied. We should have gone to the Visitors Center and register first, which we did immediately after setting up, but we had reservations and our site number. The…

• Site 28
  • Site 28, utilities are on this side but no problem reaching them.
  • View of site 28
K
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Clean and quiet

There is a tent only area with five spots. Two of them are first come first serve, so I lucked out on a late Saturday morning and grabbed one. The area is very clean, paved roads, concrete picnic tables, tent pads and campground hosts that are out and about pretty much the whole day and very…