Camping in Newville

258 Reviews of 56 Newville, Virginia Campgrounds

R
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Camper reunion

A few of my friends and I try to camp every autumn, and this private campground was perfect! The owners were very welcoming and do their best to work diligently to upkeep their farm and all their campers needs.

• campsite overview.
  • the end of cypress trial
  • bathroom trail

• Friends lead the way.
Month of VisitNovember
M
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Small state park with great camping

Absolutely enjoy going to Pocahontas! Great campsites. Pretty separated from each other. Very clean. Good bathrooms. Pool and fishing in the park. Good hiking.

Month of VisitFebruary
M
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

More of a year round campground

Last minute scheduled… they were very friendly. We had never been in the area so didn’t know what to expect.
They were super friendly and showed us to our campsite. They have a store onsite with food, drink and fishing tackle. This campground is about 3/4 year rounders. People who rent a…

T
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Great location near historic sites.

Clean, safe & filled with families. Lots of space assigned to each site. No septic per site but convenient dumping station. Large, spacious park with trails & other activities.

• One of the play areas
  • One of the play areas
SiteB66
James T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Chickahominy park campground

Sites are level ,outdoor pool ,trails,boat ramps,fishing.you have the Chickahominy river in the James river meeting together. There are nice sites that are on the river. You're near Williamsburg Busch gardens all the outlets.

Site209 was in the open field
Elizabeth D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Wow!

This place has everything you could ever need. I had tons of fun! If I could give them more stars, I would. The people like to play late into the night on the weekends. This did not bother me.

Jen O.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 13, 2021

Great Proximity to Richmond

We’re originally from Richmond and needed a centrally located campground to spend 5 weeks in our class A while taking care of some things in town. (We’re full time travelers in our motorhome.) The location is the best in the Richmond area for a full hookup campground for a large RV. It’s right off…

SiteF17
laurie M.
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Love it!

Thoroughly enjoyed our 3 night stay at this park. Spacious, paved, and level sites. Several buddy campsites too.

Month of VisitApril
AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 11, 2021

MTB trails

One of the best MTB trails I have been.

• FREERIDE
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 8, 2021

Great In-Transit Spot Right Near I-95

Great service, price, and campground - stayed here on an in-transit night and was really happy with the forested feel, well maintained spot, and space. Will definitely be back!

Cari M.
Reviewed May. 4, 2021

Great spot

Nice little place to camp. We went with tents. There was only 1 other couple in our area. We were able to bring our dog and our canoe. Everything was very clean.

Sitesite #3 , but #4 looks like a great spot
Ian B.
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2021

Great Family owned Campground

New Updated water and electric has been installed. Great family owned. And the site are NOT right on top. It is a good one family campground. It is not an RV resort. But it's perfect for me these are the gems I love to find. Stayed monthly for job. And will refer others to this location!

Heather The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2021

Lovey little campground on the river

This campground is lovely. It’s on Gordon Creek which flows into the Chickahominy- able to rent kayaks, has a playground, a pool, and nesting ospreys, a bald eagle/s can be seen. Undergoing some renovations but still a nice campground. I’d go back.