Camping in Turnersville

164 Reviews of 18 Turnersville, Tennessee Campgrounds

R
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Good not great

We were in spot 25 which is a pull through with full hookups. We were in town for the Nascar races. Pros...Full hookups including sewer. Convenient to Smyrna, Murfreesboro, and Nashville. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

Cons...Spot was a little tight for our 38 ft 5th wheel. With slides on…

Dan D.
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Local favorite

Close to town and accessible. Great nature center, trails, and even a small cave for spelunking. Clean sites and friendly staff.

Sitearea 2 site 65
Erica C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Lake views are the best

Stayed for 5 days on a lakeside site- it was beautiful, mostly clean (goose droppings), and pretty spacious! Still a new campground next to an established marina. Some construction is still going. They are adding more sites and a small pool to the existing amenities like a beach, a hammock pergola,…

GThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Great State Park

Everyone including staff was pleasant and helpful. Sites are adequate, plenty of shade, dump station, trash bins and bath house was easily accessible. Enjoyed our stay, will visit again.

B
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2021

Dated but clean and quit

Stayed in camp site 40 Bath house dated but keep clean no sewer hook ups very helpful staff if you have larger campers stay in one of the two newer sections sights are larger and more level in all would stay again

J
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Great location, friendly staff, nice pool and bath house

I managed to get in here for memorial day weekend at the last minute. My site was pretty small and a back in site but that was no problem since I have a small camper. The site was full hookup and probably the easiest sewer connection I've had at any campground, very low and easy to drain and flush…

• Site 50 with my little trailer
  • 360 view of camp ground from site 50
  • Unique, old school Apache hard side popup that I thought was pretty cool
a
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

No Room But Nice People

Very hard to back into site. Very crowded, believe most are long term stays.

Shana D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Packed in like sardines

We like state parks because they offer lots to do and sites are usually a little spread out. That is not the case there! These sites are packed in like sardines!! We were lucky to have a site that backed up to the creek, so that made the stay a little more enjoyable. We are at the lodge for dinner…

H
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Amazing

We stayed in area 1 and honestly, I didn’t like how close the sites were but it grew on me. This is by far the best campground for my kids that we stayed at. I didn’t hear “I’m bored” ONCE. They stayed busy the entire weekend we were there. I recommend 100%!!

SiteArea 1 Site 9
LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 14, 2021

Close to everything in Nashville!

Park is close to Murfreesboro and Nashville. Close to great restaurants and shopping. Staff is very friendly and is always open to helping you. Park is quiet.

E
Reviewed May. 10, 2021

Absolutely Beautiful

We had a full hook up site in Area 3. The sites were very roomy in our area. The sites were very well maintained and so were the restrooms. It was a rainy weekend, but we were able to get a hike in and enjoy the beauty of this park.

• Enjoying a break from the rain.
DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Closest access to Nashville attractions

Overall this is a good campground. It is right on the lake and probably the best access to downtown Nashville and other attractions. It is part of a water park which was closed when we were there, which might change things. Sites are spaced out well and easy to access. WiFi and cell were both…

Linda L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2021

Beautiful views right near Nashville

This site is perfect if fishing and boating! Many people come here to fish but unfortunately that is not my thing!

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 22, 2021

Must go

Beautiful,quiet, fishing close by, bathroom, fire pit, picnic table

• fishing lake
  • fishing lake
  • road to camping sites
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 22, 2021

Must come

Beautiful campsite, fishing close by