Camping in Turnersville

187 Reviews of 19 Turnersville, Tennessee Campgrounds

Russ  G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Quiet Overnight

Well maintained, beautiful setting. We had zero issues getting in and out but the hosts weren't available when we got there at 3. They left envelopes on the door with a map and receipt, so we got everything we needed to set up for the night.

Campfiresandcoffee94  .The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Breathtakingly Beautiful ❤️

We came from Idaho to Tennessee in May for two weeks and this was our first campsite. We fell in love with peaceful walks along the river, watching the ducks and birds along with a few turtles 🐢. Coffee just hits you different when watching the sun shimmer on a glass lake. Bathrooms are very…

Site21&22
Dan D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2021

Good sunrise views

Good views but nothing else is all that great.

Alissa B.
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2021

Not great but sufficient

Pros: They offer disability/handicap and senior discounts which is nice, not a lot of places offer that. Decent price. Receptionist was friendly. Had a lot of hiking trails around, cool park area. Everything else was mediocre or disappointing.

Cons: The power went out in the entire park in the…

Steve D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2021

Outstanding campground!

Really enjoyed our one night stay here! Super clean campground and very very nice and helpful customer service folks. Welcoming and friendly! The pool was super clean and the whole campground was immaculate! Noise was not an issue even though close proximity to the highway. We loved our short…

SiteA7-
Katie D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2021

Serene and much to explore

I love staying here. After full-timing since October, this is the first place we have come back to. The park is so clean, has many trails and you have pretty big spaces available to camp.

Only downfall is that we didn’t have sewer hookup, but that

Jason J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Good spot

My favorite thing about this campground was it’s proximity to Narrows of the Harper, which I wanted to hike. Tent site, a little close in the campground, but not so bad it affected the experience negatively. Facilities well-maintained.

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2021

Great location. Bugs are bad

Nice lake. Nice pool. Good sites. Lake is close to all sites. Very helpful store at the front with items you need. Groceries are almost non existent but you can drive to Cracker Barrel or dollar store or restaurants nearby. Steer clear of Waffle House a mile away.

Caleb J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2021

An Okay Place to Stay

Mama D's RV Campground is okay place to stay. The campground is crowded and some of the lots have permanent houses. Each lot has access to water and electricity as well as a small campfire. The area is decently maintained. The biggest positive this place has is the convenience store at the…

Dan D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Local favorite

Close to town and accessible. Great nature center, trails, and even a small cave for spelunking. Clean sites and friendly staff.

Sitearea 2 site 65
Darrell F.
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Clean campground at a waterpark

I actually had a really good stay here, but I will say that the water park was closed and it wasn’t peak season. They do keep the campground up and it is very friendly service. I like that they had cable and a full hook up and the showers and bathrooms were nice

SiteI stayed on site number 12
Month of VisitApril
GThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Great State Park

Everyone including staff was pleasant and helpful. Sites are adequate, plenty of shade, dump station, trash bins and bath house was easily accessible. Enjoyed our stay, will visit again.

B
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2021

Dated but clean and quit

Stayed in camp site 40 Bath house dated but keep clean no sewer hook ups very helpful staff if you have larger campers stay in one of the two newer sections sights are larger and more level in all would stay again

Shana D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Packed in like sardines

We like state parks because they offer lots to do and sites are usually a little spread out. That is not the case there! These sites are packed in like sardines!! We were lucky to have a site that backed up to the creek, so that made the stay a little more enjoyable. We are at the lodge for dinner…

H
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Amazing

We stayed in area 1 and honestly, I didn’t like how close the sites were but it grew on me. This is by far the best campground for my kids that we stayed at. I didn’t hear “I’m bored” ONCE. They stayed busy the entire weekend we were there. I recommend 100%!!

SiteArea 1 Site 9