Camping in De Rossett

Recent Standard (Tent / RV) Reviews Near De Rossett, Tennessee

367 Reviews of 43 De Rossett, Tennessee Campgrounds

TeenaMari M.
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2021

enjoyed but campground use some updates

I enjoyed this little campground, but it could definitely use some updates.  The bathrooms were clean and the showers were nice but a few hooks would be helpful.  Also, I originally reserved site C157 but found it difficult to see how or where I could camp in the spot.  I tent camp and the site is…

SiteArea C Site C159
Hilary A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2021

Friendly Marina & Campground

This campground is great for larger groups, as they allow multiple tents/campers per site. Most campsites overlook the lake and have a lovely view of sunset. Only complaint is the amount of trash we picked up upon arrival. The beach access was virtually unusable due to trash everywhere, but we…

Jacob T.
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Closed by TVA

Arrived to find it was closed. No one to call or talk to. Just closed. Same with Jackson's Island.

Katherine E.
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Perfect for families, try to time it for fall

My family LOVES camping here. It's clean, very safe, and full of activities that my children love. When fall comes around, you won't see more beautiful trees-- the air is so fresh and it's perfect for recharging. Try to book ahead of time because it's always full (it's that good!)

Jason J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

Excellent for a short in/out

Great site right above the falls. A short walk down to a perfect little perch over the top of the falls and the stairs to the bottom. Fee to reserve is nominal and there is a 10% discount for TN residents.

Month of VisitJanuary
Andrea B.
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

Good thing only one night.

Luckily we got there late and left early. Ine thing can turn me off from a campground quickly and that's how well they maintain their bathrooms. My parent went to use the restroom near the pool, absolutely disgusting. They've experienced a lot of things in their 80 years and they were shocked. My…

SiteW4D
SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2021

Absolutely fantastic

A beautiful and unique campground built I. The side of a rolling hill. All of the sites are cantilevered platforms on the hill. The platforms are heavily engineered so no worries about collapse! The platforms make for very level camping and amazing views. You feel like you are in a tree house. …

• breakfast with a view
  • treetop living
  • what a site
r
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Very pleased

This is a beautiful campground. I really liked that sites were not too close together. Fair warning there is no cell service.

Bill P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Great getsway

The drive in and out is rather steep but doable. The sites are great.

• view from the site
  • the site from the lake
Site1 lake
Marissa G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2021

Campground is okay

The camp host is as sweet as can be. I have nothing but nice things to say about him. The campground however is not as nice. We were at site 33 it was left trashed from I assume previous guests. The bathroom was not clean. People are not respecting this campground. The site was also only shaded…

Lorrie R.
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2021

Beautiful spot

Large sites and the facilities were well maintained.

Brett D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2021

Awesome State Park

We booked 5 days at FCF SP and enjoyed every minute of it. The waterfalls are spectacular and most of the streams you can swim in and just relax! Stayed in site #C175 and is very quite. Sites C172 -174 are nice and secluded more than the others. Will definitely be coming back here again!

SiteC175
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Okay area

The sites are pretty close together but it does indeed live up to the resort part in the name. You can purchase WiFi access. There’s a pool, cabin, golf course. It’s also a horse camp with several miles of trails.

Site0-2
Alexis B.
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

Great State park

Awesome campground! Great trails, campsites are big with fire rings and grills, and bathhouses are kept clean. Watch for copperheads!!! There are lots at this park. Watch your step not only on the trails, but everywhere you go! We found one under our trashcan

Tamara B.
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Stairs

Campsites for tents are down long rustic stairs. Our site had 20 broken rock steps from parking to site and no handrail. Lake view was beautiful however so we had a nice time. We took a kayak down the Caney Fork. Canoe the Caney shuttle service was the best we’ve ever used.