Aspen Hill , TENNESSEE

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Aspen Hill Camping Reviews
Great Night Sleep

Great December sleep in go as we headed south. Clean campground and beautiful scenery…will return outside winter season.

Ok for an overnight

This park is very run down. If it weren't for how nice the lady was and the super sweet dogs, I'd give it two stars.

Pros: -Easy to get to if you come in/out from 99, and not terribly difficult if you come the other way (through the state park entrance) -Sites are big and even -Only a few minutes away from town where you can get groceries, find restaurants, and a couple big-rig friendly gas stations. -Full hookups -Not crowded, so it's very quiet. There's a train track nearby, but it didn't wake me at night -Free firewood! -Online reservation system works well -Had to adjust my reservation because of engine trouble, and was able to call and make the change with no difficulty

Cons: -Multiple RVs that look like they've been broke down there for years -Weird random toilet and a bunch of junk in the check-in station -No one AT the check-in station, and with no cell service I just had to sit there for 20 minutes for someone to come around, so I definitely don't suggest staying without a reservation (I had one) -No service for TMobile and almost none for Verizon (was told at&t works, but I can't verify)

Things that could've just been me: -Couldn't get the water to work (I've never used an underground water connection before) -Couldn't get my furnace to work (again, could have been me, but it worked at the site before and the one after 🤷‍♀️) so I had to use a space heater and pay an extra $2.5/day. It was still freezing at night

Things that might bother other people: -There's a few large dogs allowed to roam off leash. Didn't bother me in the slightest, I love dogs and they were so, so sweet and knew all the basic commands. Very well mannered and playful but they'll bark when you drive by. If you have dogs that aren't friendly to other dogs or if you're afraid of even friendly ones, this probably isn't the place for you. -No laundry, public showers, or restrooms. Not an issue for me as I have all that in my rig, but if you don't it could be a problem if you plan to stay long term.

All in all, I'd definitely stay there again. It's not the Ritz or anything but it's fine if you're just passing through for a night or two.

Great Camping for all types of campers

I’ve used my hammock in their “hammocks only” sites and I’ve done the hike-in backcountry sites and love this place. As a resident of the Franklin area, it’s super close to get away for the weekend.

Very pretty park

Very pretty park for a weekend getaway. Good pads, but short, very few can accommodate 30’. Several good hiking trails.

Convenient and relaxing

This campsite offers beautiful sites with close by eatery’s with good food and entertainment. The 4th of July offers a really great firework display that is free to attend.

An Owl, a hawk and beautiful trees!

Quiet stop only one night. Everything worked and no drama! Beautiful trees! 🍁Live owl named “Cotton” and hawk named “Buddy” on exhibit there. Cute little store on grounds.

Great Tennessee State Park

Stayed in Pin Oak Campground. Large sites nicely spaced. Full hook ups. Senior discount. Will handle tents to big rigs. Beautiful lake view. Friendly people. Bath house nice and clean. Long nice drive back to campground cell services very weak. Long trip back for supplies come prepared.

Very Pretty, Very Remote

We enjoyed our time here but there are some things to know about this park. Most importantly, there is a special way to get into this park. They have a low bridge right outside of their park that prevents you from getting here the easy way. The bridge is at 12ft if I remember correctly, it is too low for most 5th wheels and many class As.

The park is located along the Natchez Trace and it is a great spot to stay if you’re wanting to explore the history, hikes, and waterfalls.

The campground has a pool, lots of activities, campfire rings, and it is a great way to just enjoy being at a campground.

The park does not have good TMobile or AT&T and other campers stated that Verizon is ok but not streamable.

The park has a variety of types of sites, some are full hookup, some are not. The park looks like it is in the middle of expansion but not actively being worked on (2019).

They have a pool, lots of activities, great clubhouses, and large sites. There are many seasonal or more permanent RVs, that have occupied the sites with the best views. Large mature trees in this campground make many of the sites really pretty and shaded.

The roads throughout the park need some work, there are large pot holes that are difficult to avoid.

Pin Oak

Large showers and clean restrooms. Spots by the lake are a must.

Lakefront

We stayed in spot 12. Beautiful lakefront location! Electric/water hookup only. Workers were wonderful and place all together is clean and well maintained. I drive through and to be honest there not a bad spot in this KOA! We will visit again.