Seabrook Island , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Seabrook Island Camping Reviews
We were missing out!

We frequent Edisto Beach all summer long and decided a fall camping trip could offer a change of pace - we were right!

The campgrounds at Edisto were awesome! We stayed at one of the marsh front sites (no power no water).. it was incredible!

The trails were perfect for all 5 in our group.. adults and children. The views spectacular during the day and night!

This is a little gem we were literally driving past on the regular. I’m so happy we visited and have yet another reason to love Edisto!

Pleasant and relaxing

Quiet campground, mostly RVs but nice spots for tent camping! Electric and water hookups for all sites, and they sell firewood and ice on site as well (on an honors system after the office closes). Nice pond with boardwalk in the center of the campground, and lots of space for dog walking. Very clean restrooms. Close to Hunting Island. We loved Superior Coffee for coffee and breakfast, and Shrimp Shack for lunch. Had a great time with our two dogs on their first camping trip! We are local to Beaufort and will definitely be back.

Diamond in the rough

Trevor is very helpful and kind. The place is located close to the beach and downtown Charleston. We were there on a few very hot days after lots of rain so the mosquitos were out in full force. We had 50amp power problems(breaker popped with only one of our two AC running) that I’m sure will be corrected soon. He has a diamond in the rough. With a bit of improvement, it could be great.

A great low-country experience

Fantastic hiking, well maintained (during normal services), and the primitive campsites are the best "get-away" opportunity.

Nature is abundant, both flaura and fauna. So bug spray is recommended to the unfortunate of us that are preyed upon by mosquitoes and the like. Also my dogs love it and it's a great energy burner for them.

My standard

I've been to several different campgrounds since I started camping with my son about 6 years ago. This is the campground I compare them all to. We visit every summer. Never have a problem with reserving a site. They don't charge me until I arrive. It's never been crowded or dirty or unpleasant ( even when it rained!). It's nothing fancy…no spa, no pool, no tacky store. But it's easy to find, has a lovely boardwalk running through it, and is less than 3 miles from a well preserved revolutionary war fort, secret beach, and some of the best oysters and shrimp I have ever, ever eaten ( and since I'm a sous chef that is saying a lot!). It's surrounded by oaks and history, and huge tomato farms. It's, to me, everything good about a summer getaway!! Can't wait to go back!!

Very nice spot!

A quiet and clean campground with nice sized sites. Bathhouse was super clean. Store had fun stuff. Only complaint is the waterpark is quite loud during the day!

Amazing

We love this campground. Great access to the beach and very close to Botnay Bay Preserve. Be ready for the mosquitos, but this is a great campground.

Cheap, primitive, rustic!

We camped at Halfway Creek in the Francis Marion National Forest for the eclipse.  It's a free campground, but there are no water and no toilets.  You can park in a lot just outside the camping area--some people sleep in their cars there.  This site does not take reservations, so it's first come-first served.

The actual camping area is wide open and grassy, but if you prefer more privacy, you can hike in a bit and pick a spot.  We stayed in the open area because we were a big group and wanted the best view of the eclipse!

Something fun to do is to visit (gotta drive there) the Halfway Creek Church, constructed in 1941.  You can also do a hike on one of the trails here.

Bring lots of water and bug spray and some trash bags to pack your trash/T.P. out!

[Off Halfway Creek Road (SC Route 98-S), located along Swampfox Passage/Palmetto Trail]

East Coast campground with all the fixins

This summer road trip was to celebrate a couple of birthdays. My daughter and I are both summer babies, so we usually like to include some sort of water activity in our birthday plans. With that being said, we decided on James Island County Park because it had a waterpark. And I am happy we did. This is a great campground. The whole park is very are clean and well maintained. I wouldn't say there is a lot of space between campsites, but it is about average if you are used to staying at state parks and better than a local RV park. We liked that the restroom/shower facilities were kept clean as well. It is important for us because we currently travel in a tiny camper with no bathroom or shower.

The best thing about this campground for us was the fact that the Splash Zone waterpark was within walking distance from our campsite. Now don't be confused and think that the waterpark is included in the price of your campsite, it is not. So be prepared to pay extra if you want to spend the day at Splash Zone, but it is reasonably priced and well worth it. Especially if you are traveling with kids. However, they also have a playground, fishing, rock climbing, hiking, and festivals throughout the year if you don't want to go swimming. We didn't do anything but swim and drive to downtown Charleston, but they do have options for everyone.

**I do have one warning for you if you go to the waterpark. Don't take a lot of personal, expensive stuff. This waterpark is open to the public, which means people who aren't your friendly RVer will also go there. I had to guard our stuff like a hound dog at one point because there was this shady guy walking around the chairs where everybody dropped their stuff. He was fully dressed with basketball shoes on, no swimming gear or towel, and was just looking around at everybody's stuff. And when I sat down by our belongings to protect them, he got up and walked straight out of the park. He could have easily taken our bag which had our truck and camper keys in it, and then we would be stuck. So just be very careful of your things.

Great for groups, pets and kids

Had a great time with friends at Tuck in the Woods. We were 12 adults, 3 kids, and 4 dogs and fit in 2 campsites with lots of room to spare. Staff were great. Bath house was clean and showers were perfect after a day at the beach. We’ll definitely be back!