the dyrt
About Ocean Lakes Family Campground
Large campground with 859 sites.
Private
Ocean Lakes Family Campground is located in South Carolina
15 Reviews of Ocean Lakes Family Campground
Nice beachside campground

One big campground with a lot of amenities. Nice people. Good size sites with concret pads and patio that accommodate larger rigs but the roads between the sites can be tight. Kid and pet friendly. Wish it had a dog park. Very large camp store, large laundry facility and water park. Very fairly price considering the he amenities. We’ll be back.

Crowned

Bathrooms are clean and they have everything you need on the grounds or right across the street but theyre so many people there during peak season.

Great family campground

This campground is like a small city next to the beach. Spaces are large enough for camper and vehicle. The park is dog friendly with lots of activities for families, including a water park for no additional charge. We had our three Labs with us and had plenty of places to walk. Daily trash pick up is nice to have. Would definitely go back and take our granddaughters with us.

Lots of fun but loud and congested

This is a great campground. We have a 27’ trailer, a 9 yr old daughter and 12 yr old old son, and 2 boxers. This campground had everything we needed.

The water park/pool was awesome. My husband and I floated in the giant lazy river as our kids used the water slides and splash area. The lifeguard are great with the kids and super nice. The lifeguards in the splash pad area had a game of walking tag going on with all the kids. This helped break the ice between all the kids and my kids met alot of friends. Again, the lifeguards were super great with the kids. This area does not allow coolers but we bought a small soft sided cooler and it was never a problem. Alcohol is prohibited so we used aluminum reusable cups with lids to sneak in some alcohol. Everyone has these reusable cups all over the resort. So be like the jones and bring one. You can buy them at the store and they range from 10.99 - 40.00.

There was an area to walk the dogs. Although be careful of the older people who don’t leash their dog. The campground supplied clean up bags and trash cans all over the resort.

There is a small food area near the pool that offered great pizza, ice cream, chicken finger, etc. they will deliver to your campsite as long as it’s not raining. Call ahead if your going to pick up the food because the lines get long.

There is a food store that has every necessity you need from food to rv stuff.

Ok my favorite part of this trip. The wash and fold service. I dropped my clothes off at 830am and they were cleaned and ready for pickup by 1030am. Best part it only cost me 21.00. I dropped off a giant bag of clothes. If your not interested in someone else doing your laundry they have washers and dryers. A lot of them. There was always people there but there are so many machines I never noticed a problem getting laundry done.

They do activities for families. When we were they we went to the America bingo. They gave away small food prizes. The kids had fun and gave us something to do. They do give away prizes for best American dressed.

Be ready to see golf carts. Everyone here drives golf carts. There is actually golf cart traffic at night because there are so many golf carts. Really! People sit in traffic and high five each other as they go by. There is so much traffic that people set up chairs in the side of the road so they can watch the traffic. Not joking. It was a lot of fun watching the different golf carts go by. They are all decorated and the kids enjoyed seeing the light up ones. You can bring a golf cart or they rent them there.

outside the resort, there is a Walmart across the street that is more a food store then a Walmart. This Walmart offers food, alcohol, and a small necessity area. A bigger Walmart is about 15/20 minutes down the road.

The beach here is small but nice and clean. This area of the beach has lifeguards. Other resorts along this beach do not have lifeguards. Get up early and set up beach chairs. No one will take them and it will ensure you get a spot on the beach. We did this everyday. Some days we left our chairs on the beach and went to the pool and then went back to the beach later.

My only issue with this resort is the congestion. They squish the rvs and trailers in like sardines. There is enough room for your camper but your neighbors are right next to you. We had a campsite with a concrete pad and full hookups. The concrete pad was very nice to have because the sand was hard to keep up with. I couldn’t imagine how much sand there would have been in the camper if we were on sand. We have an outdoor rug and it was still bad.

Checkin: We did pre check in before we arrived and they set all our paperwork in the mail. This was great bc all we had to do was place the tag on our mirror and drive in. Nice and easy after a 9 hr drive there.

Noise: this place is noisy. Noise times are 7am- 11pm. The good thing about this is at 11pm everything is quiet. No one is on the roads. All golf carts go away and people settle down for the night.

Bathrooms: our lot was across from a bathroom. The bathrooms are clean. There are about 10 toilets and about 6 shower/ dressing areas. The bathrooms are cleaned several times a day and I never noticed a problem. The only problem I noticed was when the pumping truck came. They smelled for several hours but then it was gone.

Overall I would go back to this resort if I was in Myrtle beach.

Voted Mega Park of the year for a reason

We first visited Ocean Lakes in July 2014 and immediately fell in love. This park is HUGE! When we heard it was rated Mega Park of the year in 2017, we weren't surprised at all. Ocean Lakes is not like the state parks and KOA's that we both grew up camping - it's MASSIVE! With over 800 campsites there is little left to be desired at this stop!

Great, family fun

Ocean Lakes is a great family campground with tons of things to do all within the campground. The nightly golf cart parade is a blast. Can be crowded in the summertime, but lots of fun!

once a year every year.

we always enjoying visiting. alot to do for the kids and dogs are welcome. you can rent golf carts or bring your own.You can even buy one there if you want. you really never need to leave the campground if you don't want to. Camp store, ice cream shop.

Fun, busy, easy walk to beach!

This was a great family vacation. You have to book in advance and call back frequently for cancellations if you want to be able to get close to the beach! Most campsites aren’t a bad walk from the beach and renting or bringing a golf cart would make it that much easier! Their pool was very well maintained the lifeguards do their jobs well so I felt pretty comfortable with my 8 year old and 10 year old being pretty self suffficient which is nice to be able to relax a little more. They have lots of activities we did a few, not too many, since we were there mainly for the ocean. Cons: the WiFi on our phones lagged pretty bad, but our Roku worked just fine so that made it better. The lines to the food/ice cream shop we’re always so long we passed on it. Pros: They have a nice store. The laundromat was very nice and like a little laundry vacation for this mom of four! ;-) The prices on extra things was not astronomical, i.e. arcade, ice cream, golf cart rental, mini-golf, ect. It is like its own little community which is kinda neat. We really had a blast! Hope to go back someday!

love it

this place is huge. wonderful clean lots to do

Great family campground, clean, happy place, Very friendly. Fun for the all

Th is a little city within a city. Great place to camp for the whole family. You don't have to leave for anything. They have a store, fat food spot, laundry, gift shop, pools, mini golf, etc. They have it all. Great place. CAN'T wait to visit again.