Equestrian
About Lakewood Camping Resort

From the basic tent to today’s most modern and luxurious RV, Lakewood Camping Resort, Myrtle Beach, SC, has the perfect site to fit your needs. We have approximately 1,300 sites that include Oceanfront sites, Lakefront sites, open Sunny sites, or nice Shady sites. All sites are Full Hookup sites (20, 30, and 50 amp service), with Free WiFi service, Free Cable service with 62 channels (Spectrum TV), a picnic table, Water, Sewer, and daily on-site trash removal service.

Price
$85.00
Private
No Alchohol
Lakewood Camping Resort is located in South Carolina
20 Reviews of Lakewood Camping Resort
Summer destination

We have stayed at Lakewood for the last 10 years for our summer vacation. This year we booked 2 weeks and rode out our first hurricane!! We really enjoy the quite family atmosphere and the short walk to the beach. The water park is super fun for our children. They love the water slides and I love the lazy river that allows me to float around and watch them. My kids love to go fishing at night and crabbing at the inlet. We ride golf carts and enjoy the activities the campground provide. The bathhouses are usually clean. They have a good coffee house and store with really good food. We really enjoy our summers at Lakewood!!

Great place

Great family campground we’ve stayed at many times this year. Water park for kids and beach access.

Comfortable

Not as huge as it’s Southern neighbor and not as small as it’s Northern neighbor. It is quite cozy and has more shade. Not as busy a campground either. Kind of exactly like it’s location, a comfortable medium amenities campground. I always look forward to coming back!

Family Friendly

Been to this Campground as a child and now visiting as an adult with my child. Family friendly and very helpful staff. Plenty to do for all ages. Only downfall is so many golf carts and the amount of young teens riding around in the evening 9-10 pm or later with music loud. Will definitely be going back for future beach visits

Disappointed

This campground was ok. If you like crowded, un-level, brownish water, and just no sense of relaxation, then this is the place for you. The place is packed. Great for the kids, because there is a ton of stuff for them to do. There is no time for a parent to catch their breath. Fireworks are shot off until 11pm or later every night. My campsite was very un-level. I about couldn’t reach the first step getting into my camper. The water hookup produced a discolored water that had a brownish tint to it. The staff at check in were just trying to herd everyone through like cattle. Didn’t even fix an error on their part when they should have. All in all it was ok. We may or may not go back again.

Overall experience was great however

The park stipulates 10 mph through park however they allow the golf carts to be driven by 16 year olds/ teenagers and adults to drive faster. The teens have no respect for anyone else 2 people in our group got hit with one. They blast thier music up and down each street after 10pm. After almost getting run over myself by a girl who had no lights on I spoke with one of the 2 security guards that was just sitting parked watching the kids and they said they couldn't do anything about it. I think they should hold the parents/ kids accountable by taking kids off the carts and take the carts to parents to reprimand them and if continue take cart away with no refund. Maybe then the parents will pay attention to what is gping on rather than letting the do what they want.

Love, Love, Love!

Perfect summer vacation spot! Right on the beach.. water park in the campground! Coffee shop.. snack bar.. activities.. laundry mat..

Christian campground

When our children were young, back in the early 90s, we camped here & loved all it had to offer. We especially liked the church services & bible studies. Now 25 yrs later, we are retired & came back this week on a last minute trip. Still the same great place but bigger. I can imagine it would be quite busy in the summer but this week was perfect for us retired folks. Enjoyed the beach & the indoor pool & hot tub. Visited the coffee shop for some good coffee & biscuits & gravy. Would love to bring the grandkids back.

Lakewood campground in Myrtle Beach.

Lakewood is my favorite place to camp. It is a nice family oriented campground with 1300 campsites. Amenities include full hookup with cable and free WiFi. The campground has 2 swimming pools (indoor and outdoor) and a water park, two ice cream parlors, coffee house, bike rentals, miniature golf for no additional cost. They also have golf cart available for rent. The closest grocery is conveniently located just across the highway via a stop light. The campground offers ocean front sites and shaded sites.

Beach RV Resort

Beachside resort with over 2000 sites. No shade trees but clean and organized for beach fun. Many amenities and activities for a fun beach trip.