Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 40 ft.
Colleton is located in South Carolina
14 Reviews of Colleton
Easy stop over

Easy stop over for a night or two. Right off of I95. Next to a major road, so there is car/truck noise during the day. None of the sites are private, so I wouldn’t call this a “destination” campground. Great if you want to fish and kayak the Edisto River!

The bathrooms are very clean and air conditioned. Sites are all very clean with power, water, picnic table, and fire ring. There are nicely spaced out trees, so if you have a hammock, bring it. Didn’t have mosquito issues, but beware there are a lot of ants and they bite!!

Best sites are 6, 8, and 9. We camped in site 10.

Colleton State Park

We enjoyed this nice quiet state park.

Good overnight stop

We stayed here overnight on our way to the beach. The Edisto River runs by the campground and people were fishing. Campground was small but had what we needed to spend the night with a small camp store on site. The only thing bad was it was in August and the evening temps were around 90. Don’t recommend camping in this part of the world in the hottest part of the summer. We motel‘ it on the way back.

Collenton

Fairly open & not too much privacy. Very nice river acces makes up for it, spent nearly all of time at the river or exploring. Trail leading off the campgrounds through the woods is very fun, saw a corn snake and found a geocache.

Pretty

Stayed here a lot beautiful setting on the edisto river

Small quiet campground

Not much to do here. Close to the interstate and right on the Edisto River. There are about 25 sites and some are very small and very unlevel. One bath house at the entrance to the campground

Cute and clean campground right on the Edisto River!

Park Ranger Larry is everything you would want in a ranger! He is proud of this park and it shows - everything is clean around the campground and in the bath house. Site 11 was riverside and had a great view! If we could pick any site, we would probably pick Site 9 as it had a slightly better view. There isn't much to do in the area, but the campground is only about an hour from Charleston, SC. However, we chose to camp here for the kayak trip! We had a great day (despite the super high level of the river) kayaking 23 miles down to Givhan's Ferry. An added bonus was the great cell service!

Great place to stay!

We stayed in the Cabin which was great with a baby! AC kept us cool in the heat of the summer but we were still close to our friends in tents and campers… nice tree coverage and close (quick drive) to the Edisto river/beach. Where you can raft or hang out at the beach.

Right by the cabin is a walk down to the river for fishing. Don’t recommend swimming here! undertow could be dangerous… there’s a path to the water on the other side of the camp where we set up to fish also but lost a lot of lures in the brush. Kids had a blast anyway!

Nice park

We would love to camp here again and have a better experience. It's a nice, small park. The office has games available to borrow, there's a playground, and the river's edge is fun to explore (what little you can access). We loved how convenient the park was to other things in the area we wanted to visit.

I booked our campsite online. Looking at the map, I could see our site was close to "a" road. I didn't realize it was a very busy highway. Why they put all those campsites along a highway is just beyond me. We had 8 in our group, 6 of them being children. None of us slept well being constantly woken up by the sounds of transport trucks driving straight for us. It put a major damper on our trip.

Not a Vacation Hot Spot

Although clean, very small, and a river beside it, not much there. Clean place to stay, but if you are looking to do something besides fishing I would camp elsewhere. I had to laugh when I seen that they considered this a “State Park”.