Rock Hill, SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Rock Hill Camping Reviews
History Abounds

Tons to do, including hikes and history. Make sure to go across the street to the Kings Mountain Military site. Better yet, plan your stay when they are doing an event.

Im home.

Love this place. Next to the lake. Quite, friendly clean. Good bathroom.

Love it.

Great place to camp. Very quiet,very friendly clean bathroom. Cheap camping.

First time at a KOA

Stopped here for an overnight on our way south. We had a pull-thru full hookup site. It was relatively level but not perfect. Main bath house was under construction and not available. There is a bar, convenience store, and RV service center at the entrance which is convenient. We didn’t have time to look around the campground much but it served it’s purpose for us. Oh, there are no fire rings but it claims on their site that you can build one in the gravel. We didn’t see a single other site with a fire.

Great campground with amazing staff!

This was our first camping trip for my wife and I. The staff led us right to our site and helped direct me into our site as it was dark. Knowing that it was our first time they even came back by to check on us a little bit later. It was Labor day weekend, so they were full, but we had no issues with noise or anything. The kids were having a blast between swimming and riding bikes. Plenty of activities were planned by the staff from bingo on Friday night, corn hole tournaments, movie night, and even an ice cream social! They even sell Hunt Bros. pizza from the store and will deliver to your site. Looked amazing and very reasonably priced. We can't wait to go back!

Busy campground

I can see why this is a busy campground. Bathhouses were clean. Many lakefront sites have posts to tie up your boat to if you have one. Beach area by the store. No WiFi and rarely did we have cell service but that’s not a bad thing! Large sites with some pull through. We had site 39 and there was nothing but woods behind us which was perfect for us. Only negative was I that I was bitten up by mosquitoes and I used bug spray ( obviously I need a better kind) and citronella buckets. Even with a packed campground for the holiday weekend it was relatively quiet especially by 11. This campground tends to be booked solid on weekends so important to make reservations. Also not much for stores close by so pack well. Oh and no alcohol sales on Sunday’s in the county.

Mostly Permanent Campers

I traveled here alone and did not feel very comfortable. The campground is very simple. It is almost full of people in campers.

Fabulous

This park is new and clean. There’s miles of winding golf cart trails in the woods. Beautiful pool. Great friendly owners. We will be regulars.

Great price for nice campsite

Local to me but 20 a knight u can’t beat it .

Get away from the city

This is a cool little spot not far from Charlotte NC which doesn't seem as busy as other nearby campgrounds. Staff are friendly. There are cites right next to a lake which is perfect for paddling around in a canoe or kayak just watch out for stumps. Fishing wasn't great when I was there, but it might be better in cooler weather.

We love this park and campsites!

Fun beach within easy walk from campsite!

Better than expected

Long weekend stay at site #42. Nice level and large site. Some sites are smaller and closer but our site and those on both sides of us were large and level. Bathhouse by our site was kept clean and stocked well. Small lake for fishing and they rent canoes and kayaks. Lots of trails. Equestrian camping area on the other side which we had no reason to visit.

Clean, open spots, NO FRILLS

Very nice staff. We stayed a weekend. The RV spots were nice with easy access. The bathrooms and showers were AMAZINGLY clean! However, other than a playground there is nothing for kids to really do. The staff at the nature center were very polite and the trails were nice, but again not for tiny kids. If you were taking older kids it would be perfect.

Maiden voyage

This campground was recommended to us for our maiden camping trip with our new RV. We were very pleasantly surprised. Camp site was large, they had two bathhouses, camp store and even a mini golf course. The lake was larger than expected with a beach area. Only negative was that they had the trash dumpsters scattered throughout the park and we had the misfortune of having one at the front of our site and someone had put fish guts in it, which made for a rank stench at our site. We made notes of which sites to avoid as most are good. Some sites even have sewer although ours did not. We were at site 34. All in all it was a great first trip in our new RV!

Family Friendly

Family friendly campground with nice amenities and staff! We have been several times before, and this weekend did not disappoint. Just be mindful when booking sites near the Lakeside Lodge, they book parties, so it’s a little busier & noisier than our preference.

Great staff.

Enjoy alot. No problem at all.

Free transit to the park

This campground is owned by carowinds and has free bus rides to and from the park from open until close. Bathhouses are private and clean. The campground is right by the airport so the planes are pretty loud but not much louder than the screams of the people on the roller coasters. This is a perfect place to stay because after a long day of rides you can come right back to your camper to relax instead of driving all the way home.

We love this campground

We camped here for a few days and loved this park. Plenty of hiking and fishing. We did not have to leave the park for anything. Everyone was very friendly. Some of the sites are not very level but you can do it. We will definitely be going back to this park. They have two different campgrounds and this park is geared towards horse back riding

Was once nice. (Edited)

Forest Service has changed the price from $5 to $30 a night for a primitive campground. Nasty vault toilet, and trash cans but no water. As of July 2019 campground appears closed.

Great family spot

Was only a 45 minute drive from my home growing up so went a lot on the weekends with my family. Hiking, biking, and relaxing!

Could be closer

The price of primitive camping. Youd think it be closer to the lake. Not many sites for tents. About 50 for RVs. But tents like only 8 😭

$5 single ir $10 group

Quite calm. Hunters use it alot. Fall deer hunters spring thurkey hunting. Often gets packed.

Clean, lovely conveniently located

I camped here with a women’s hiking group and was impressed.

There are lovely trails, a large playground, nature center, the beautiful lake Wylie {no swimming, NC fishing license required}, geocaching, clean bathrooms and shower rooms, electric sites with large tent pads, good sized fire pit area, picnic table.. there’s even a loving gate with a code for a more secure camping experience..

We could fit 3 tents in one pad AND had a hammocker camper too.

If you are wanting some nature near the city, this is a good option - especially if you are checking out city things in Charlotte.

You can hear traffic at night when camping here so bring ear plugs, headphones or a white noise fan if that bothers you.

Pet friendly 🐾

I saw both dogs and camping kitties

There’s 56 camp sites: these include tent, RV hook ups and some primitive.

There’s group camping at Copperhead Island.

I highly recommend, especially for families with children, lots to do and a safe, secure feeling.

Ok campground

Decent sites. Bath houses are ok. Can be noisy at night at times

Amazing

Private but great for families and bike ridding. Private pool game room. Laundry and camp store.

Very wooded

Good campground for beginners of families with kids or those that love to hike.

Not bad. Been to better places

Camp grounds were not in great condition. Fire rings corroded. Sure we're to close to each other (RVs). Camp store attendant was rude. Hiking trails were really good. Well marked. Beautiful area.

Quaint and peaceful

A few minute walk into all the sites, basic bathrooms by car park, peaceful lake views, some sites close to a walking trail, well spaced apart sites

CONVENIENT, BUT...

This is the first KOA campground that I found to be seriously lacking. Campers were very close to each other. The playground, pool area was across the parking lot from the campsites, which I found was not safe for the kids. The site we had was 19, slightly unlevel. There was a picnic table, but no firepit. Apparently the campers before us had a fire on the ground, lol.

It's my favorite State Park in SC.

It's a nice, quiet campground. The bathhouses are good. Lots of activities. Kayaking, boating, great hiking/biking trails, and lots of area of horses. Every 3rd Saturday they have house competitions that are held there. We were in campsite 8 this time. Nice and level with water and electric.