Equestrian
No Alchohol
Myrtle Beach State Park is located in South Carolina
41 Reviews of Myrtle Beach State Park
Hidden Gem
 In the heart of the Myrtle Beach strip near Ocean Lakes is a quaint state park.
 I camped in the overflow camping area because I wanted a single night stay (two nights are usually required).  I called the same morning to reserve over the phone. If you want wifi which comes free, DO NOT STAY AT THESE SITES, wifi does not reach the overflow camping as my campsite buddies can attest. On that note, the night was not crowded but the campsites are directly on top of each other in the overflow sites, be warned. However, my neighbors were cool, friendly, and respectful.
 The overflow is a close walk to the beach and the fishing pier maybe 7 minutes.  We were situated only yards away from the bathrooms which were clean. As of 8/20 masks are required for bathrooms and the gift shop at the pier. Security drove through several times during the night and other than the thunderstorms it was quiet.  Everyone at the park was very friendly.
Great beach access, tight camp sites

We camped here in June. It was tough to social distance. Sites were very close together, but campground had excellent beach access and we saw a beautiful sunrise. Cell coverage for ATT and Verizon were ok and I was able to get some work done. Not one of our most favorite campgrounds, but you have to love the beach.

Great family vacation spot!

We had a blast here. Stayed in two different sites that weren’t the best but we were barely at them. We booked late so just got the last of what was available. Campground staff was nice and I love that they allow golf carts on the property! Easy access to the beach, especially with the golf cart and wasn’t crowded at all.

Great location

You can walk from your campsite to the beach. The campground is busy but worth it to be so close to the beach. The spots are tricky to get into because there isn’t much room. There is lots of shade which is great in the summer.

Great campground near the beach. Lots of amenities.

Myrtle Beach State Park was our 3rd stop on our East Coast beach road trip. I have heard a lot about Myrtle Beach (not necessarily the state park), and I just had to experience it for myself.

My initial thoughts were -- I definitely like this state park. It has a whole LOT of campsites available. In that regard, it is probably one of the biggest state parks I have stayed at so far. For being so big, it is still very well maintained. The campsites and bathrooms were both very clean -- which is a plus in our book. If you are staying on We stayed at campsite 62, so the camp store was on the same route as the path to the beach if we needed anything.

The park also great amenities like a nature center where they have classes for the kids, playgrounds, hiking trails, and of course its only a short distance to the beach. You can even take the kids and go crab fishing at the pier with a park ranger on certain days. I can't say that the beach is my favorite, but it is still a very beautiful beach.

There are only a couple of downfalls to this state park, and I don't think they are even that big of a deal, but worth mentioning. First, there seems to be an excessive amount of golf carts at this campground. Maybe it was just during the time we were there, but there were a lot of them cruising around. Second, was the amount of airplanes flying over. It is close to the airport so its to be expected, but just be aware of that fact when planning your trip. I didn't find it to cause much noise, but some people people might not care for it.

Wonderful beach campground

We have stayed in this camper twice and love it!any sites are separated by trees and shrubs which provides nice privacy even though the sites are close together. It’s a short walk to the beach from the campground. There’s a beautiful boardwalk along the dunes that leads to the pier. The pier has a cute gift shop and nice outdoor seating areas. The rangers here are always friendly and helpful. We highly recommend this campground!

Wonderful State Park - Good for RV Camping

Myrtle Beach has multiple options for RV campers, this is probably one of the best. Because it's the state park and not one of the private campgrounds it's less developed. So if amenities are what you are looking for, don't choose Myrtle Beach State Park. If being immersed in nature in a peaceful setting is what you seek, this is a great choice.

There are limited tent spots, so either snag one early or skip this if you prefer tent camping.

Nice getaway!

I camped here with a friend and our dogs. The campground has a lot of loops and campsites. All of them have electric hook ups, a fire pit, picnic bench and close by water spigots. Unfortunately some of the campsites are very small and close together. The campground has a nature center and a short trail behind the building. There is also a near by beach access. It has a parking lot for horse trailers as well and an equestrian trail. Restaurants and shops are very close by. The bathrooms were super clean and very roomy. The property is very well maintained. It has a beautiful landscape and several picnic areas and shelters with ocean front view. The state park also offers wifi for their campers. At the entrance is a little camping gift store just in case you forgot something. The staff was very friendly and caring. We would camp here again but probably not in the summer month when it gets too crowded.

Great Value and Amenities

This is a great place to camp at the beach. Yes it is not beachfront and you do have about 300-400 yards to go to get to the beach, but is that really worth the extra $40-60 per night in fees. The sites were all well kept and shady. Some sites are tight for Big Rigs but ours was perfect for our 40' 5er. You will read others complain about the airline noise, yes the campground is on the flight path, but, so are another 2 campgrounds that charge about double what the state park does. The airlines never really bothered us during our stay as we were up and doing something from daylight to dark. I will definitely be coming back here.

Ranger Review: Morsel Spork at Myrtle Beach State Park

Campground Review:

Do you love people? Do you love the ocean? Do you love airplanes?

Then Myrtle Beach State Park is for you!

It's a great park--it's got lots of campsites, a beautiful beach, and amenities like a playground, a nature center with educational programs, and a fishing pier.

The campground is well-staffed with rangers, hosts, and volunteers.  The bathrooms are large and clean. (Hand soap is provided but there are no paper towels, just blowers). The campgrounds are well-maintained and tidy.  The trash and recycling stations are conveniently located.

The campground, particularly site 171, is directly under the flight path for planes departing from Myrtle Beach International Airport.  The flights start around 6 am and go until 11 pm or so.  The planes haven't gotten much altitude before they are roaring above your tent, hammock, or camper!

Sites are close together and there is little to no privacy.  Site 171, however, seemed to be the best one for tents, with a deep and wide site and a few trees--enough to hang our 4 hammocks.

Quiet hours were not enforced and traffic noise is easily heard, especially fire truck and police car sirens well into the night and early morning.  The park staff raced past our site frequently on tractors and golf carts once it was after 7 am.

Mosquitoes are in full force here.  The county had sprayed for them the night before we arrived.  Maybe they don't spray the tent sites, but the mosquitoes were insane.  Bring plenty of spray, wipes, and one of those bug zapper tennis rackets.  You will definitely need protection!  The camp store sells mosquito spray for twice as much as it costs across the street at Walmart.

Also, the raccoons were at our site both nights.  They are fearless and hungry.  Lock up your food, your coolers, and your trash.  They do know how to open up latches!!!

Bring a bike and/or a beach cart to get around and transport your stuff to the beach for the day.  The campground is about 300 yards from the beach and it's so nice, you'll want to spend the whole day there, then go out at night to look for creatures and enjoy the ocean breeze.

--------------------

Product Review:

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get products to test from time to time- today I am testing the Morsel Spork (mini and XL).

I was pleasantly surprised at the comfort of using the Sporks.  I was worried they'd be awkward and unwieldy, but the creators put thought into how they are being held by the eater.  My thumb rested nicely in a groove near the top of the utensil.  The rubbery edge worked as intended to completely scrape the sides of the bowl, but an added bonus was that the rubber made the spoon edges soft where it met the skin of my mouth.

The spoon holds much more (cereal and beans, in our case) than it looks like it would.  The fork works, but I'd like thinner tines to better stab food items.  The serrated edge?  Well, it crushes rather than cuts.

I love the different colors and unique shape of the Spork(s).  They will be going on every camping trip with us.  They are easy to tell which fork is whose, and won't be lost in the cutlery shuffle when we're camping with a group of friends.  They're good for kids and adults!