About Sesquicentennial State Park
Hike In
Sesquicentennial State Park is located in South Carolina
10 Reviews of Sesquicentennial State Park
Shaded woodlands

Really nice shaded campground and very reasonably priced. Clean bathhouse. Stand was unpacked but level! Staff were friendly and very welcoming. Only spent the night so did not have time to enjoy the trails or the lake.

Awesome place

I love going to this campground, I enjoy doing the trails and spotting dear. And there is a small water play area for children. They have paddle boats also.

Nice Park. Not great for large RV’s

It’s a nice park with great amenities. The splash pad up front is awesome for kids.

Our only complaint is that most sites are very uneven. If you have a large camper/RV it may be tough to get your rig level. That being said site #21 worked well for our 40 foot fifth wheel. We had to use some blocks and a few attempts, but were able to make it happen.

Also, if your camper is over 25 feet I wouldn’t even bother booking a site on the second loop. It is pretty tight back there.

Great location with various things to do in the campground

We were on our way from Charleston to Greenville and this was a great place to stop. We used it as a home base for visiting Congaree National Park and couldn't be happier with our choice! We were in Site 32 and it was a great one. We had a view off the back of our site and it felt private. There was a splash pad, a lake and many trails to explore. I also enjoyed reading the different signs around the park about the history. I was shocked to find that as many as 10,000 people would visit this park on weekends in the 50's and 60's. The staff was really helpful and the facilities were all clean. We would definitely go back to this campground!

The campground is off a really busy road, but you sure wouldn't know it! It was very quiet. However - super convenient having any place you might need to go right by. Our Verizon hotspot worked great, but the Sprint hotspot was spotty through the park. If you are ever passing through or want a good home base for exploring Congaree - this is it!

A Bit of The Country, Just Down the Street

Our Cub Scout Pack frequently uses this park, and it's great for both day visits and those 'introductory' camping trips to get the new kids comfortable in the woods!

There's plenty of stuff to do, from boats to fishing to both primitive sites and sites with more amenities.

And what's really nice, if you forgot something, you can just drive down the street and pick it up.

Great place for families!

This campground has great ways to keep the kids busy! Includes a Splash Pad, nature walk around the lake and playground! Little store on site. Clean facilities and comfortable camp sites…

Beautiful place to camp

Alot to do in and around area

Great spot

Camped here numerous times throughout the years. Always had a good time. Rangers are nice and helpful. We park our John Boat at our tent camping site without any problems. They seem to be adding a splash pad area for the kids. A couple of big playgrounds at the park too. A decent lake for fishing and paddle boat (at least I think) rentals. Picnic tables and charchol grills are availble near the lake as well.

Tent camping with grandson

We camped for a week. Had loads of fun kayaking, pedal boating, fishing and a little hiking. It had nice clean heated bathrooms (it was cold at night) and hot showers. It was a great week.

Great Park

I camp at Sesqui very often. I live in downtown Columbia, so its only a short drive away. Love the bike and hiking trails. Very nice area to kayak in, I love all the Lilly pads. Camp sites are decent size and always well maintained.