Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 90 ft.
Campground at James Island County Park is located in South Carolina
22 Reviews of Campground at James Island County Park
Very nice spot!

A quiet and clean campground with nice sized sites. Bathhouse was super clean. Store had fun stuff. Only complaint is the waterpark is quite loud during the day!

East Coast campground with all the fixins

This summer road trip was to celebrate a couple of birthdays. My daughter and I are both summer babies, so we usually like to include some sort of water activity in our birthday plans. With that being said, we decided on James Island County Park because it had a waterpark. And I am happy we did. This is a great campground. The whole park is very are clean and well maintained. I wouldn't say there is a lot of space between campsites, but it is about average if you are used to staying at state parks and better than a local RV park. We liked that the restroom/shower facilities were kept clean as well. It is important for us because we currently travel in a tiny camper with no bathroom or shower.

The best thing about this campground for us was the fact that the Splash Zone waterpark was within walking distance from our campsite. Now don't be confused and think that the waterpark is included in the price of your campsite, it is not. So be prepared to pay extra if you want to spend the day at Splash Zone, but it is reasonably priced and well worth it. Especially if you are traveling with kids. However, they also have a playground, fishing, rock climbing, hiking, and festivals throughout the year if you don't want to go swimming. We didn't do anything but swim and drive to downtown Charleston, but they do have options for everyone.

**I do have one warning for you if you go to the waterpark. Don't take a lot of personal, expensive stuff. This waterpark is open to the public, which means people who aren't your friendly RVer will also go there. I had to guard our stuff like a hound dog at one point because there was this shady guy walking around the chairs where everybody dropped their stuff. He was fully dressed with basketball shoes on, no swimming gear or towel, and was just looking around at everybody's stuff. And when I sat down by our belongings to protect them, he got up and walked straight out of the park. He could have easily taken our bag which had our truck and camper keys in it, and then we would be stuck. So just be very careful of your things.

Amazing

Ok so the campground is awesome because it’s full of trees. I love that because it offers lots of shade and privacy. Also I felt so safe with my family. Also we saw so many people just walking their dogs, which we love dogs. It’s quiet. It’s great. Also it’s very kid friendly. They have an awesome park. Can’t wait to go back. Now I will say I would not recommend the cabins. They are not clean or updated. Which is a shame because they could be really cool. But this review is for the location where you have your RV.

Festival of Lights - Amazing!

This county park is a great one, but it is especially awesome during the Festival of Lights. People all over Charleston want to come check out the lights, so being able to stay in the park during the festival is amazing. You are right there with all of the festivities, but the park is set back a little so you don’t have to be in the hustle and bustle if you don’t like. The location is the best you are going to get for checking out downtown Charleston. Also, Folly Beach is the closest beach and isn’t far away at all. There are some great restaurants nearby and grocery stores too.

Great spot near downtown Charleston

Near downtown Charleston. Easy to get in and out. Reasonable rates. Near everything around Chai.

Dog Days of Summer

This is simply the best places to camp when visiting Charleston, especially if you have 4 legged family members. The off leash area is fabulous. Bike and walking trails are all paved and flat, no hills. Convienient to beaches and Charleston attractions. Come and relax or go and enjoy. It's hard to get it wrong.

Super fun place

Water park in the summer and Festival of Lights in the winter. Clean fun and friendly park.

Fun Park Near Charleston

If we had more time then we would have stayed longer to enjoy the lake and more. We pulled in late in the afternoon and then headed right into the city. There were a few sites remaining when we got there but virtually no one in the back lot tent area. They have a large tent only area and big parking area. They could do something to cater to van campers with their big lot out back. The showers were nice and they had a nice park and splash pad next to the pond. They have a nice game room, some yard games, and other amenities. Hookups at all the sites except for the tent area.

Great for families and pets!

Perfectly situated near folly beach! Awesome trails. Pet friendly ,great fishing. Clean restrooms.

Great place for family camping

Went camping there when my son was young lot of room to camp (tent) keep an one ear on creters. Great trials clean bath house good fishing