Standard (Tent/RV)
About Table Rock

Table Rock State Park is known for being a perfect glimpse into the scenic bliss that South Carolina's Highway 11 is known for. Most prominent to the park is the towering mountain Table Rock, where the park earns its name. This also serves as a backdrop for the 3,000 acre park, and its numerous camping facilities. Below this section of the Blue Ridge Mountains, visitors can enjoy Table Rock State Park's cabins and campground, as well as lakes and various hiking trails located within.

The Table Rock State Park hiking trails weave through mountain streams, babbling brooks, and rushing waterfalls to the tops of Pinnacle and Table Rock mountains. The views here showcase the entirety of the region, and shouldn’t be skipped if you’re planning on visiting. That said, while the park is well known for its natural features, Table Rock also has its place in history.

For example, the park’s hiking trails host the access point for the 80-mile Foothills Trail, one of the most famous in the Midwest. Hikers often use this trail to travel through the extensive network of SC state parks. These trails date all the way back to the Pioneers who would use them as trade routes and for homesteading. In fact, many of the Table Rock State Park cabins and other structures built by the Civilian Conservation Corps remain standing and are on the National Register of Historic Places.

This park is unique in that it is one of only 16 South Carolina state parks built by the Civilian Conservation Corps. Moreover, there is even a historic CCC-built Lodge available for weddings, receptions, meetings and other special occasions. Additionally, the park features 2 park lakes: the 36-acre Pinnacle Lake and the 67-acre Lake Oolenoy.

94 standard campsites for tent or RV camping, plus 14 renovated cabins provide ample accommodation to visitors. Aside from the larger lakes, there is also an old-fashioned swimming hole complete with a high-dive that is open during the summer season. Take your family out and use one of the 4 picnic shelters available to rent for group gatherings, for a day of fun, music, and recreation. And for those wanting an event to check out, the Music on the Mountain bluegrass jam takes place each month at the Table Rock Lodge–perfect for anyone wanting to escape the outdoors for a minute.

Hike In
Max Length: 40 ft.
Table Rock is located in South Carolina
37 Reviews of Table Rock
We had a blast!!!

We loved table rock. Campground is peaceful and lots of hiking trails all over. Planning on visiting again next weekend.

Beautiful!

The campground at the top has very poor to no cell service, so we stayed on the lower loop closest to the camp store. They have been updating the sites to prevent flooding. The bathrooms are up kept, the camp store is handy for almost anything you need and has free wifi and laundry services. The sites are beautiful, but not all are level. Look around before you choose your site.  The hikes are jaw-dropping but be prepared with plenty of water and possibly a rain jacket. The swimming area is adorable and open, but because of COVID, the jumping dock is closed. We will come back to this campground!

State Park with Beautiful Views

Table Rock State Park is a large park with at least three“campgrounds.” One is a primitive campground, and one is a traditional campground. I did not get to explore the third campground, but I believe it is a traditional campground as well. The site I stayed at, site 56, was level, except for the approach; however, the pad was rough gravel. I put down two tarps under my tent to help eliminate the roughness inside the tent. The site was shaded and wasn’t too close to my camping neighbors, but the biggest problem was dealing with the ants—big black ants, small black ants, and other tiny ants. There was no lantern pole, but there was a fire pit and a picnic table. The bath house was only a short walking distance away. There is no lack of things to do, and the trail system is extraordinary. The main attraction, I would guess, is Table Rock Mountain, but there are other things to do. There is a swimming beach and a diving platform. Beside the beach are picnic tables, including a picnic shelter with a standing grill. The visitors center/store was well stocked with souvenirs and supplies, and there is a laundry next to it. Sometime during the night when I had to go to the restroom, I discovered that there was not water. The next morning, I turned on the faucet at my campsite, and it sputtered out brown water at first and then it came out clear. I said that to say this. There was a problem and they dealt with it quickly. That impressed me. The heat and humidity was almost unbearable, but nothing can be done about that during the summer. If you camp in a tent during the summer, make sure to take and extension cord and a fan. Overall, this is a great place to camp during vacation, but the cost is a little more than I expected to pay for a tent site. Costwise, I’m not sure I would want to pay that much for camping for a whole week. It rivals the national campground franchises. However, if cost doesn’t concern you, it really is a good place to camp.

Perfect for First Timers

I took my 10yo son camping for the first time (for both of us!). We had a great time! The campground was clean and quiet. Bathhouses were very clean as well. We enjoyed the trails and swimming in the lake. It rained a bit each day, but we still loved it. I can’t wait to take another trip, will definitely be back!

Nice place

We had campsite 8. I wouldn’t recommend the front row sites (1-8) because of traffic exposure, but they’re not terrible. We booked late and that’s all that was left. Traffic isn’t bad. Had water and electric hookup. Campground was full, but didn’t feel crowded or full. We will go back but will probably try for the 60s campsites.

Quad Overload of Steps

I'll admit that I'm not in my best shape ever but also know it's not my worst shape, this was full leg workout for 4 miles up as well as 4 miles back down. I highly recommend in the warmer months you get on the trail as early as possible. It opens at 7am. Bring plenty of water. The views along the way are beautiful and when you get to the top at the main overlook is fabulous too. I say the main overlook as there are a couple spots like right at Governors Rock is deep into the trail…but not the main view.

Beautiful place to relax

We stayed in a cabin. The cabins have everything you need. Full kitchen with all utensils included. Very clean and the beds are so comfy. No cell service. Which is grea!

Table rock is a very clean park. My sister and I hiked the Carrick creek trail. We had a great hike. Would highly recommend.

Nice park with some nice hiking.

It’s a nice state park with two lakes and nice hiking past waterfalls. We had a spot for our popup behind the wash house which was very clean btw. Site was shaded with a firepit. Closest town for things you forget is about 30 min away. It rained all weekend but we enjoyed ourselves anyway. There were all kinds of campers here from tents - million dollar rigs. Roads into the camping area had some “s” type turns. From the website: Camping Information: The park provides a 69-site camping area, located near the park entrance, and a 25-site camping area, located near White Oaks picnic area. Each site has individual water and electrical hookups, and picnic table. Some sites accommodate RVs up to 40 feet. Both campgrounds are convenient to restrooms with hot showers.

Lovely, family-friendly

This campground is family friendly. You feel very safe walking around. I have visited in fall; you do need to drive to most hiking trails unless you want to add a good bit of a walk to your hike. Campsites are close but do not feel overcrowded.

Worth it just for the view

I live roughly 10 minutes from Table Rock and go there all the time especially during the summer. The Table Rock trail is a must if you are nearby! It is pretty strenuous especially if you have health issues but is well worth the trek to the top. Just make sure that if you hike during the winter to give yourself plenty of time to finish the trail and to wear good trail shoes since ice can be expected. The campsites are always very well kept; as is the park in general but gets pretty crowded.