The best BOAT IN camping near
Seabrook Island , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Seabrook Island Camping Reviews
We were missing out!

We frequent Edisto Beach all summer long and decided a fall camping trip could offer a change of pace - we were right!

The campgrounds at Edisto were awesome! We stayed at one of the marsh front sites (no power no water).. it was incredible!

The trails were perfect for all 5 in our group.. adults and children. The views spectacular during the day and night!

This is a little gem we were literally driving past on the regular. I’m so happy we visited and have yet another reason to love Edisto!

Great campground

Great campground, nice and clean bathrooms, beautiful beach, very nice hosts, plenty of activities to keep you busy. Laundry facilities would be very nice addition. Be aware of vicious mosquitoes. Other than that amazing spot. Definitely will be back.

Pleasant and relaxing

Quiet campground, mostly RVs but nice spots for tent camping! Electric and water hookups for all sites, and they sell firewood and ice on site as well (on an honors system after the office closes). Nice pond with boardwalk in the center of the campground, and lots of space for dog walking. Very clean restrooms. Close to Hunting Island. We loved Superior Coffee for coffee and breakfast, and Shrimp Shack for lunch. Had a great time with our two dogs on their first camping trip! We are local to Beaufort and will definitely be back.

Absolutely gorgeous

Our first visit was in August 2020 and we’ve already booked our trip for 2021. We were in a site on the back row and even though this was farthest from the beach, it was only a quick walk to the ocean. Bathhouses were extraordinarily clean. The campground store was stocked with anything we might have needed. We rode our bikes up and down the beach and visited the lighthouse. The whole trip was fantastic, the only downside were the mosquitoes—come prepared!

Picked a bad weekend

Hunting Island State Park is a lovely place, but our camping experience was less than ideal. We tent camped on a full hookup site so we would have water and power. Had a lovely set up, but the mosquitoes and biting flies were off the chart! Also, was very hot and muggy. The bath house was like a sauna. Even after a cold shower, you came out sweating. It was also not very clean. The saving grace was the lovely beach which was a short walk from our campsite. Would definitely recommend going when the weather is a bit cooler and dryer!

Diamond in the rough

Trevor is very helpful and kind. The place is located close to the beach and downtown Charleston. We were there on a few very hot days after lots of rain so the mosquitos were out in full force. We had 50amp power problems(breaker popped with only one of our two AC running) that I’m sure will be corrected soon. He has a diamond in the rough. With a bit of improvement, it could be great.

A great low-country experience

Fantastic hiking, well maintained (during normal services), and the primitive campsites are the best "get-away" opportunity.

Nature is abundant, both flaura and fauna. So bug spray is recommended to the unfortunate of us that are preyed upon by mosquitoes and the like. Also my dogs love it and it's a great energy burner for them.

My standard

I've been to several different campgrounds since I started camping with my son about 6 years ago. This is the campground I compare them all to. We visit every summer. Never have a problem with reserving a site. They don't charge me until I arrive. It's never been crowded or dirty or unpleasant ( even when it rained!). It's nothing fancy…no spa, no pool, no tacky store. But it's easy to find, has a lovely boardwalk running through it, and is less than 3 miles from a well preserved revolutionary war fort, secret beach, and some of the best oysters and shrimp I have ever, ever eaten ( and since I'm a sous chef that is saying a lot!). It's surrounded by oaks and history, and huge tomato farms. It's, to me, everything good about a summer getaway!! Can't wait to go back!!

Great family/dog place

A lot to do for kids. Close to mount p shopping. There’s an on site dog park that dogs can swing in the lake as well. There’s also frisbee golf on site.

Very nice spot!

A quiet and clean campground with nice sized sites. Bathhouse was super clean. Store had fun stuff. Only complaint is the waterpark is quite loud during the day!