The best EQUESTRIAN camping near

Top Equestrian Campgrounds near Oak Grove South Carolina

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Oak Grove Camping Reviews
Decent campground

Busy park, but if you're visiting the Columbia area a fine place to stop. They have a dog park and our pup loved getting to run off leash. Campsites are pretty close together and some are a little on top of each other but we were in spot 79. It was a pull through and the living space was separated a bit more. It was across from the bathhouse which is quite convenient.

Great staff, cozy park

Arrived here for two nights in the tent after Myrtle Beach. Site 46 is not terribly even, but it's well situated inside the loop. The park is clean, the tent pad is a good size, and the amazing aroma of pine is one of the natural highlights. Unfortunate that the camp store closes at 5 pm. So one must drive to Publix for firewood. The closest Walmart has $2 ice bags.

We will be back!

Even though we had a few rainy days we could see the beauty of this park. Clean heated restrooms in Winter is a bonus. Lots of things to do for all ages. Helpful and friendly staff.

Needs improvements

Not a big rig friendly area. Our site was 30 amp, no sewer. I backed in the way I was told to and realized our water and electric were on the curb side. Had I known this ahead of time, I could have maybe pulled in another way. The service from another site was less than 3 feet from my power inlet to the camper. I called to make sure it would be ok to plug in there and they said no, even though no one used that site. The bathhouse was well below standards and really just unusable. I’ll pick another place if I’m ever in the area again.

In the middle of Columbia SC

Built to celebrate the Sesquicentennial of South Carolina in the 30’s . At one time on the furthest outskirts of Columbia SC. It is now firmly in the muddle of the Metro area. Plenty of trailer sites. Tent site and primitive camping. Has recreational areas. Restaurants and shopping nearby

Shaded woodlands

Really nice shaded campground and very reasonably priced. Clean bathhouse. Stand was unpacked but level! Staff were friendly and very welcoming. Only spent the night so did not have time to enjoy the trails or the lake.

Awesome place

I love going to this campground, I enjoy doing the trails and spotting dear. And there is a small water play area for children. They have paddle boats also.

Nice Park. Not great for large RV’s

It’s a nice park with great amenities. The splash pad up front is awesome for kids.

Our only complaint is that most sites are very uneven. If you have a large camper/RV it may be tough to get your rig level. That being said site #21 worked well for our 40 foot fifth wheel. We had to use some blocks and a few attempts, but were able to make it happen.

Also, if your camper is over 25 feet I wouldn’t even bother booking a site on the second loop. It is pretty tight back there.

Great location with various things to do in the campground

We were on our way from Charleston to Greenville and this was a great place to stop. We used it as a home base for visiting Congaree National Park and couldn't be happier with our choice! We were in Site 32 and it was a great one. We had a view off the back of our site and it felt private. There was a splash pad, a lake and many trails to explore. I also enjoyed reading the different signs around the park about the history. I was shocked to find that as many as 10,000 people would visit this park on weekends in the 50's and 60's. The staff was really helpful and the facilities were all clean. We would definitely go back to this campground!

The campground is off a really busy road, but you sure wouldn't know it! It was very quiet. However - super convenient having any place you might need to go right by. Our Verizon hotspot worked great, but the Sprint hotspot was spotty through the park. If you are ever passing through or want a good home base for exploring Congaree - this is it!

A Bit of The Country, Just Down the Street

Our Cub Scout Pack frequently uses this park, and it's great for both day visits and those 'introductory' camping trips to get the new kids comfortable in the woods!

There's plenty of stuff to do, from boats to fishing to both primitive sites and sites with more amenities.

And what's really nice, if you forgot something, you can just drive down the street and pick it up.